Sunday 16 February 2014

Why China Staff Should Not be Hired/ Rude Takashimaya Staff (高島屋シンガポールでの失礼なサービススタッフ)


On Feb 13 Thurs 2.50pm, I was at the WMF section (kitchenware). 

2 staff were coming out of the white side door in the WMF section and I went to them with a WMF product to ask if it had a discount.

I addressed the first woman who came out and she completely ignored me and walked away.

I thought she was going to find a WMF staff to assist, but she just went across to a counter, joked around with that promoter and ate something there (looked like a square piece of pineapple).

I walked towards her and asked if there was any WMF staff around. She saw me, but again purposely looked away.

Even if she is not a sales staff for WMF, she should at least have answered me. Very rude. I was very surprised by her attitude. 

She is a promoter for one of the cookware brands. (Her uniform bears a La Gourmet logo).

Such service staff should be fired.

Her name tag is faded so her name cannot be seen. But here are her photos:  (click for larger).

Obviously, a China woman. Only China will ignore an English-speaking customer in such a way. If she don't want to interact in English, she should just go back to China. What is she doing here? Why did the cookware brand hire her? She eats while on the job.

 
 

The other woman (auntie) who came out with this China woman, was a Tefal promoter who also ignored my question about the WMF product. She just gave a blank face when I looked at her uniform logo (Tefal) and walked away. So rude.

I have informed both Takashimaya & La Gourmet about the matter.

---------------
Update 19 Feb Wed:  Takashimaya responded in e-mail. I am impressed with the reply & very surprised by their swift discipline. They handle such a matter as good & as fast as Giant supermarket HQ customer service. 

International La Gourmet has also replied via e-mail that said the matter has been forwarded to the SG division. Though I have yet to hear from La Gourmet SG, Takashimaya has already handled the matter.

No comments: