Wednesday 5 March 2014

Lego Movie 2014 Review


Saw it ... about... 2 weeks ago.

I didn't realize until at the end, that the whole movie is actually a very good ad.  I woke up (to it being an ad) at the part when the "real" dad & son played with Lego in the basement. 

Why spend so much cash & effort in producing a movie-ad? I have no idea.  Couldn't it have been done like a normal ad (maybe more memorably done)?

After the show at the top floor, bro & I went down to the toy section (Lido Shaw Towers) & started looking for Lego the Movie toys.  Just curious if they had. Of course, they had. That's how good their movie-ad is (that they make people go look for their toys).

But surprisingly very few variety. Maybe they have more in the US?

Bro ended up buying the Uni-kitty from Super Stationery @ Suntec. He had been considering buying it even before the movie & had told me about it, said the movie must be out since the toys are out, but I wasn't listening.

I had actually been waiting for this movie to be out since last year when I read about it online. But forgot over time. Then I read about it again online recently & raved about it to bro who reminded me that he had earlier already mentioned about the toys being sold at Super Stationery @ Suntec.

I said I absolutely had to watch this movie. So cute.

About 1~2 days after watching the movie, we went back to Super Stationery & he bought the Uni-kitty. I said he better not delay buying it because now the movie is showing. Once the toys are sold out, the stores probably won't be bringing in again.

Uh... the blasting sound of the cinema theater was too loud. But otherwise, the movie is pretty well done. I like the shower scene best. When he said he was gonna take a shower, I was thinking how he was going to do it... A Lego man taking a shower with water?

Then when round Lego water caps & white Lego soap suds caps came out onto him, it was just too amusing. So cute... Round things drop on his head.  Too bad it lasted only 1~2 secs. Bro said, "What did you expect? Of course, it's Lego water & soap!".

Oh, I love the song by the way. Really. It's silly & especially so when a person is miserable, but it plays in my head and I sang it.  Everything is Awesome? What a song.

Bro likes Cloud Kukuland (Cuckoo). No negativity.  He said he wants to live there. I said he would go crazy just like Batman ("I hate this place" "darkness, more darkness, in the basement") because he's a Batman personality.

Actually, what is so dumb about the Double-Decker Couch?  I think it's a good idea.

When the Lego guy said the price of coffee was "37 dollars",  a guy sitting across the steps from us in the cinema said "Huhh?".  Bro asked if I heard that when we walked out & he laughed.



No comments: