Saturday 31 January 2015

Meidi-ya Supermarket Liang Court Sells Expired Food (SG)


Mackie's of Scotland Caramelised Red Onion Potato Chips expired on 10 Jan 2015. Today is 31 Jan. Anyone could've grabbed that bag of chips without checking the best before date.

Some time ago, I picked up another item that had also expired.

My previous review on this supermarket was about their spoilt (sour) chicken meat & fish.  When I complained, the Japanese male manager offered a refund in the e-mail, but when I collected the refund, the Japanese woman was very rude with intentional delay.

In his e-mail, the Japanese manager was puzzled how the meat could've spoilt.  I doubt they managed to discover the problem.

I haven't been there in a long while & today I dropped by. They have increased their stock a lot, but it appears the management has also become messier.  There's a look of lack of control, lack of orderliness, slack.

There has been quite a high turnover of cashiers. The good ones that I used to talk to have left. The new ones are disrespectful of the customer's items. They take no pleasure in handling the customer's purchases & it shows on their faces & the way they dump the purchases into bags.

The last time I was there, a cashier dumped my items into a bag after I paid, then went back to looking at her fingernails.

I advise customers to exercise caution when shopping there. 



No comments: