Friday 27 February 2015

Spock is Gone. Will be Missed.

Sat 28 Feb 2015  2:26 p.m.

When I saw the news on Yahoo just now, I was jolted with disappointment. Oh, no, Spock. Then I remembered Bro said he had breathing problems due to smoking earlier. Even though he quit, it was too late.

I was just watching a few episodes of Star Trek a few days ago online. Now when I watch it again, I will be thinking that Spock is no longer. I feel ... a pinch in my nose & tears in my eyes. Even Spock, --not you too...-- is human. I am sad. *wipes eye*

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/feb/27/leonard-nimoy-mr-spock-star-trek-dies-ages-83
Nimoy announced last year that he was battling chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and attributed it to smoking, even though he gave up the habit long ago. With typical humour he tweeted last week: “I quit smoking 30 yrs ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!!
Nimoy was also an unlikely sex symbol. According to the Los Angeles Times, when he spoke at Ohio’s Bowling Green State University in the 1970s, a young woman asked: “Are you aware that you are the source of erotic dream material for thousands and thousands of ladies around the world?”
 “May all your dreams come true,” he responded.

What a lovely, gentle, diplomatic, sarcastic yet practical Vulcan answer.  ^_^

I didn't know he was also director & film-maker of 3 Men & A Baby.



No comments: