Saturday 9 May 2015

Chateraise Patisserie SG @ Westgate (review)

Sun 10 May

After the first few times, you'll get bored of all their cakes that taste the same. I totally am, after just about 4 times.  Now I just walk by the queue without feeling anything. On the occasional chance I feel like buying their Dango, the staff are so slow, I walk away.

I've tried most of their cakes, their Mochi, Dango & little Chestnut cake (tastes like a mooncake but less so).

The only thing I like is their Dango in a plastic cup. Very sweet & soft. Plucks off easily with your teeth from the stick that they have conveniently & uniquely broken into 2 each. Reminds me of Japan except that those I tried in Japan are different. This very soft & chewy Dango is probably unique to Chateraise. At $2.20 (or $2.10), this small, plain, very sweet & lightly toasted Dango is a little expensive but a very sweetly satisfying treat to eat. Better than chocolate.

The staff are so slow. I really hate slow, inattentive staff. So slow even with just 2 persons in front of me. Twice or three times, I've walked out of the queue. Chateraise got no money from me on those occasions.  How long can such a shop last?  Japanese management is always so lousy in Singapore.

Well, Singaporeans get suddenly tired of a novelty easily.  When they just opened, I raved about the fabulous taste & thought they might last. But now, I'm not so sure if they will last.

I already did 2 reviews in Japanese in April. This is my English review.


No comments: