Saturday 23 January 2016

Carousell Admin Scam Osaka Bags Fraud


There's a saying. If you can't beat them, join them. In the middle of sending a warning message to someone, I suddenly stopped. What am I doing?

For 3 days, I have done nothing except send warning messages to strangers on Carousell, trying to stop them from buying from the fraudster "Tom".

Just now I saw who the 118th fool was in the fraudster's feedback column.  His stupid face with tiny beady eyes.  That is one evil person.

[The feedback number is updated first. In 1 or 2 days, it will be shown who gave the feedback (who bought). Shows how lousy & uncoordinated the Carousell system is. The feedback score has increased to 119 now (but it's not yet shown who contributed to it. Maybe it's another fool who went right off to buy the scam after I said not to.). ]

Userid: weihaofro.  Out of the 232 persons I warned, he is the only one who went right off to purchase the scam right after I told him not to, knowing that I will see the Fraudster's feedback column. (Well, the joke's on him when the bag he buys starts falling apart.). 

He deserves an award for being the stupidest person out of 232 people.

I had quite expected someone to do that when I sent the warning message. People don't think. They will assume that I am trying to smear a competitor's "reputation" & go over to the competitor instead.

People never use their brains: What a chore it is to send unsolicited messages. How much time is involved in doing it. Why is this person doing it if the message weren't true?

One person (userid: dualcircles) replied after receiving my message: "Oh really?".   I had to put his brain to work by informing him how disadvantageous it is for me to send unsolicited messages. I sacrificed hours sending the message at the risk of getting scolded with disbelief & he says "Oh really?"?



Before sending the warning message, I considered. 1) It might trigger someone to learn from it & do the same fraud. 2) It might cause people to think I'm trying to smear Osaka Bags' reputation & go over to him instead. 3) I might get scolded because of people's disbelief & the fact that the message has nothing to do with the product they are desperately selling. (There is however, no other chat/message facility to talk.).


Just now, as I proofread the message I was about to send to the next person, I stopped. What am I doing trying to beat a fraudster? People like buying the scam.  So what if the bags aren't Tokyo designed? They don't mind being scammed.

The face of the fool (in his profile) who bought from the fraudster despite my telling him not to, was telling me to bugger off because he liked the bags even if they are a fraud.

I have been watching the fraudster for 2 months since he started his scam. At first, I thought his scam was brilliant. It wasn't theft. It is like religion. Selling a lie that fools are happy to buy.  Not my problem.

It became my problem when I started exposing him for his lies. His sales was skyrocketing because of his fraudulent claims.  He had just opened for 2 months since Oct 2015. As it neared X'mas of last year, he sold 6 bags a day.  Compare this with other sellers who barely make 60 sales of anything in a year.  I have not seen a seller who can beat 6 bags a day on Carousell.

I know the profit he is making.  It's fine if it's based on legit selling. But it isn't.

Not even Jamieq can match it with her bags account alone (265 sales). And her bags account was opened in Mar 2015, far longer than the fraudster's.  Her main account sells an assortment of items (212 sales) & cannot quite be used in the calculation. Even if used, the number of men's bag sales added to her bags account, still cannot match his in terms of profit.

A few of the bags the fraudster sells, she & a few other sellers have also been selling for a long time. 

Why don't people question the fraudster's exclusively "Tokyo designed" bags?  If Osaka Bags are truly "Japanese designed" & truly his, then others should not be able to sell them.

And since these sellers are selling the same bag/s as the fraudster, why aren't these sellers making as much money & as quickly as the fraudster?

Simply because the fraudster differentiates his products & raises their level among other sellers, with "window dressing".

It's quite brilliant.  It's on the border between scam & fraud.  He didn't run away with customers' money. So it's not quite a scam.  Yet it's a fraud that can't be caught unless you know the source of his bags.  And even when caught, the customers are happy to be scammed.

What can be more brilliant than that? I don't know where he learnt it from.

However, it is a mad brilliance. He is crazy. No doubt about it. No normal, sane person will do what he does.

One of his item description for a backpack states that there is a front pocket when there isn't any.  He describes it as "oxford canvas". There is only oxford or canvas. No "oxford canvas" because these are 2 different materials.

Even my listings that he left alone previously, have now been deleted.


To expose his scam, I purposely posted the same bags as him & at a cheaper price so that buyers would start questioning his bags.  Knowing the source of the bags, I had access to all the product photos. I could post any of the photos I wanted for the same bag he is selling

In the search results, my bags & his appeared side by side. He couldn't allow that. Started deleting mine.

Even when it wasn't the same bag as his, but competitively better, he deleted.

He must have thought I wouldn't realize because my items were still visible on my page. But he didn't know I check my listings carefully & closely.

I realized who was doing it & why.

The problem now is: There are so many thousands of buyers on Carousell. How can I possible warn every one of them? It would be better if these 220 people circulated the message on their beloved iphones & Facebooks.

With the fool showing me that he is fine with buying a scam,  should I even continue wasting my time posting warning messages that people don't appreciate?

Out of 220 persons I sent messages to, only 16 bothered to thank me. I wasn't even expecting anyone to. In fact, I expected to be scolded for sending a message that had nothing to do with the product people were selling.   (That is how bad Carousell is. Don't even have a contact function outside of the products.).

Yesterday, out of 92 messages (out of the 220) that I sent, only 9 persons (out of the 16) bothered to thank me.

One young stupid (userid: ddaarreenn) replied: "LOL What?".  This is the sort of person who deserves to be scammed till he don't know what the heck just happened.

One fool (userid: mystic0711) said,  "Don't understand a thing . he has lots of positive feedbacks". Now, he would be perfect to scam. . A person who cannot even understand something so simple is not worth feeding & wasting parents' time on. Parents, why did you even bother to have him?


It is unpleasant to send unsolicited messages to people.  Personally, I don't like interacting with people, let alone sending them message.

Yet I spent 3 days sending those messages. Hoping that it would stop the sales of the fraudster. Of course, I knew fools would still buy from him. And those who didn't believe me, would also buy from him.

When sending messages,  it was with a lot of care (& time) that I selected people to receive my warning message.  A profile with 1 negative feedback score, I would check to see what it was about. Does this person deserve to receive a warning message?  A negative feedback score of 2 or more deserved to be scammed himself/herself. So I wouldn't bother.  You don't tell a devil about another devil & risk putting ideas into his head.

From this, I found that there are many sellers with perfect feedback scores. The compliments were always the same. "Friendly" "Very friendly" "Punctual" "understanding" "patient" "polite" "came all the way" "waited for me"...   I realized then I also had to write a post regarding desperate sellers & thick-skinned buyers.

 
At this moment, I don't know what to do. It is 10p.m.. Do I allow the fraudster to do as he likes? After all, he will meet worse as he gets older.  Such persons aren't expected to last very long because of the kind of company he attracts & the enemies he keeps.  One day, he will dip his hand into something that bites hard.

Or should I keep sending people warning messages?

I am sure that the Fraudster knows I know. The 2 fools would have informed him. Userid: Richuu who ran to him after disagreeing that fraud is ethically wrong. And particularly userid: weihaofro who went to buy from him even after my warning (from this user, fraudster will also know I've sent messages).

That he has disabled my account yet left it still able to send messages, means he doesn't see me as any threat. He must be thinking "Go right ahead.  You message people. So?".

From the poor number of thanks I got,  he may be right.  If he didn't understand people so well, he couldn't be a fraudster. It's because he knows how people/Singaporeans think, that he is able to pull off his scam so well.

He doesn't even bother sending me a message to tell me I am wrong. Simply because what I say is the truth. He just quietly deletes, deletes, deletes... 


I want to thank the 16 persons who thanked me for messaging them the warning. If any buyer is ever in doubt of which sellers to choose, these are the ones who deserve your business:

jolvolis
alvin.goh
razam66
sammy_925
thirdsaintcity
curiousperson
painting_house
w3store
xxyy123
doughnerd
beeshh
exarkun85
crystalkhoojy
rikomiya
recharged
nor.hayati.31149


Based on this post: http://therevolutioner.blogspot.sg/2016/01/carousell-special-feature-fraudster.html

Carousell Admin Fraudster vs Jamieq:
http://therevolutioner.blogspot.sg/2016/01/carousell-admin-fraudster-osaka-bags-vs.html


No comments: