Saturday 27 February 2016

There Is No Place To Sell In SG & Carousell Buyer Review



I have been trying for years.  Don't tell me there are many online sites because I have tried them. Don't tell me to set up a stall because I have also tried it.

Ebay SG. In the same time I posted the same items on Ebay SG & Carousell, I sold 4 items on Carousell.  On Ebay SG, all I got was "watchers" & 0 sales.  Very rare to have a buyer.

Between Ebay SG & Carousell, it's clear who the winner is.

But don't be happy yet.

Carousell is pretty much dead for items above $50, unless it's a special occasion or season such as X'mas or Valentine's.  Since last year Oct when I joined & the start of 2016, it's been drought season at Carousell.  No Activity. I don't know how long this drought will last. 

Gumtree? Very bad. In the years, I have tried selling different items there,  I got 0 sales. The only enquiry I got was from a Nigerian scammer last year regarding a pre-order coffee machine that he didn't understand was pre-order.  Items I listed on Gumtree over the years were brand new or pre-order. [Depends on what you're selling.].

Facebook? Very bad for trying to sell anything. 1) Ad gets deleted. 2) People go there to look at stupid photos of stupid people & things. Not to buy. This point was already mentioned by an online review site.

Instagram?  I didn't use it but look. You have to buy Followers? It's that bad. If you have to buy followers, then it means there is no viewship. Just like Twitter which I quit.

Twitter? I signed up & quit because it was a desert.

Locanto SG? Useless for selling things. Only works if you are asking for certain things that people don't want, such as old computers.

STclassifieds? You would think that since it belongs to the country's publishing company, it should work. Stupid site. Should also just close down. No Activity. Difficult to post items. After going through the trouble of finally posting something, no buyers.

ST701? Another stupid site that wastes time posting items but no buyers.

Craigslist SG? Even worse than Ebay SG. Gives you a headache just looking at what people listed. Junk site. No enquiries, no buyers. Waste of time posting there.  Craigslist SG is different compared to US where people do get ... bargains... (which come to think, is bad for me as a seller & thinking of Craiglist hunter on Youtube.). Actually, I think Craigslist is just crap for sellers. Plus, the name is hard to type. Awful name.

OLX SG. That was years ago before they shut down. Managed to sell only 1 or 2 pieces of women's clothes there.

Claseek SG. Nothing happens. Waste time posting there.

All other classifieds ads sites: No activity, no enquiries, no buyers.

Fleamarket stall at Orchard area: Very bad. Paid stall money but sold only 1 piece of skirt that was a loss to me & to a lousy young woman who was rude. Even years now, I still remember her attitude & behavior. Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Very disrespectful. They never once had  the courtesy to look at me or talk to me as a person. Very bad.

The young woman (younger sister, I presume) wanted the skirt & wondered if it could be machine washed. I said yes. But the older woman didn't even look at me & said to her sister, "I don't think it's machine washable.".

Come on. Who is selling that skirt? I am standing there. I am the seller. If you doubt my item, don't buy. Very rude to ignore the seller standing there & just go ahead to say whatever she wants.

Bloody woman. I shouldn't have sold to her. $10 or around that price. Couldn't even cover the $20 or $30 stall rent.

By now, she would be some years older. If she's not already dead. Yes, I am still angry when I think of it now.

Such women. Reminds me of another one I met from Carousell just 2 weeks ago.

She came with her boyfriend. It was her boyfriend who contacted me on Carousell.

We met up. Singaporean Chinese couple.

She completely had no smile when meeting a person for the first time. Man & woman didn't even say "Hi". Her face was black as if I offended her. Didn't even make eye contact. Crazy woman.

Her boyfriend seemed Singaporean.  I assume she was too. Won't be surprised if she isn't.

How can someone be so anti-social? It's just basic ettiquette to at least say "Hi" or smile when meeting someone for the first time. What's the matter with her? Hormonal problem or just rotten?

Even I don't like people but at least I have the courtesy to say "Hi" with a smile when meeting for the first time.

If it's hormonal, she will get worse than just behavioral problems. Hormonal problems are serious.

As it was a men's item & since he was the one who contacted me, I assumed the man was buying it. But it turned out she was the one who wanted it. I know because he held up the item & suggested that it was suitable for her purpose (whatever that is) & she gave a nod.

The instant she took hold, she was very rough with it. 

I stood there watching quite appalled by her behavior. I was thinking if that's the way she was going to handle it, it isn't going to last in her hands. And I suddenly feared that she wouldn't buy (which means, I would have to take back the item that her hands just mauled.).

He fingered the front of it & nothing more while she groped it. I felt like my poor brand new item was being raped in front of my eyes. I silently apologized to it for having to sell it to such people.


Done, he asked if it was satisfactory. She gave a nod. Then he handed me the money which he already had in his hand.  I gave him back a dollar change.

When I told bro, he said such a woman thinks she's a princess. He said there are many women like that. I said it's completely appalling.

I think as Singaporeans, they are even worse than the foreigner buyer who first bought from me.

That foreigner was 20 minutes late & no apology. Stone-faced when he appeared, not even a "hi". And I was upset with him. But at least, he was satisfied with seeing only a certain part of the item that I took out to show him (I think he was in a hurry to go). It would be quite difficult to pull it out & put it back into its protective cover. He didn't rough handle it or anything. Just touched to feel it. Paid easy too.

How can Singaporeans' behavior lose to a foreigner?  I expected Singaporeans to be way better.

No comments: