Monday 14 March 2016

Volumetric Weight Shipping 65Daigou


I just came off from online chat with 65daigou staff.

Just when I was thinking of praising 65daigou, suddenly this comes up.

This is the first time I am ordering furniture. Just a light wood rack.  Just some days ago, I ordered 2 & they are now on the way by sea.

A week ago, I ordered a 3rd one.  After 4 days, the status was still "dispatched by seller".  I asked & 65daigou said it was missing in transit to warehouse. Blamed China courier company.

But then status in my account changed to "pending inspection & repack". So I thought they found it.

Over the weekend, the status didn't change. I knew something was wrong.

This morning, 65daigou messaged that it was lost & asked whether I wanted to re-order or refund. I  said re-order. And also changed shipping from Sea to Air because it was already a delay of 1 week.

Weird thing is, tonight, suddenly, the item is ready to be shipped out. Meaning, they found it & there was no need to re-order. And I changed shipping by Sea to Air for nothing!

They are so messed up. I don't know whose mistake it is.  I didn't make a sound about it because I don't know what happened. May not be 65daigou's fault.

As long as it's ready for shipping, it's fine. But then I was shocked by the air shipping charge.

1 rack: Weight/Volume Weight: 3.35 kg/16.54 kg

How can it possibly be 16.54kg??  The previous 2 was Weight/Volume Weight: 5.67 kg/18.13 kg.

How can 1 item be charged almost the same as 2 items?

I asked the online staff & here's the reply. Now you know how they make their money.





[Actually, all the staff should say is that the actual cost during repack will be cheaper/re-calculated. Customer is questioning the calculation based on estimate.].

Ordering small items, it's fine. But not furniture. Terrible.  Using a good excuse "based on international shipping standards" so that people will be satisfied.

3.35kg becomes 16.54kg just because of a rectangular box.  And haven't even round up to 17kg.  Completely shark.  Imagine if ordering a sofa. Good heavens. You would have to empty your bank account.

If 65daigou didn't say it was lost, it would have been Sea shipping. Because they said it was lost & had to re-order, I switched to Air.  *shakes head*

The shipping cost is double the price of the item.  *shakes head*

I now wait to see what the seller has sent. Damaged? Broken? Missing pieces?   These items are for someone else. If anything goes wrong, it's going to be bad.  Furniture ordering is very bad.

Additionally, I had 2 bags to go with that rack.  In the past, it was possible to tick which items you wanted to ship out. But ever since customers complained... it's now all auto lumped to be shipped via air or sea.  Customers shouldn't have complained.

Once lumped into 1 shipment,  65daigou says they cannot be separated. My 2 bags will have to be shipped with the rack.

In the past, once they issued an estimate for shipping out, that was actually the true cost. However, these days, it's changed.  The initial shock that resulted in this post, was based on the estimated cost of shipping out.

After I confirmed the ship out, the cost adjusted to a more "reasonable" value (a difference of... $12).  I suppose the warehouse packed it (actual physical vs theoretical) to cut the estimated weight.

That's good. In the actual packing, the 2 bags occupied the same volume/space as the rack. The total volumetric weight was charged as just the rack at 17kg. Meaning... the 2 bags' shipping is free.

But it still does not detract from the fact that 3.35kg can become 17kg simply by "volumetric weight". Packaging.. spaces... foam... box...

A very good way of earning profit, this volumetric weight idea. Very dangerous to order furniture unless you have your own carrier that you know & can control.

Prior to ordering, I even gave the rack 10kg allowance. And still the actual volumetric weight was far higher than my estimate.



No comments: