Thursday 22 September 2016

Why I Don't Go Back to Meidi-ya Anymore: Shitty Refund Experience


I want to. But I just can't. The incident happened some time ago, but the memory of that cashier's face & attitude is so bad that every time I think of buying something there, I just can't convince myself to go back.

We were regulars there. The cashier that attended to my refund is a long-time cashier. I am sure she knows we were regular customers. Yet her attitude was really bad. This is the 2nd time bad refund service from Meidi-ya.

Many of Meidi-ya's good cashiers have already resigned due to the gossiping "politics" in their workplace (one long-time cashier told me in a lowered voice when I asked).  All the cashiers you see now are the new batch.

What happened was I purchased a box of longans. But when I brought it home, I discovered they were rotten. Meidi-ya sells rotten fruit & sour spoilt chicken meat, if you don't already know. In my other posts.

The entire box of longans couldn't be eaten. So I took it back for a refund.

Nobody was at the customer service counter, so I gestured to a nearby cashier who called another cashier over. Cashier who came over is a long-time staff.

Throughout the whole process, she never once smiled or answered my questions regarding the spoilt longans. Just pretended not to hear.  After taking quite some time, she gave me a form to sign, then issued the cash refund.

Her face & attitude, I still remember. Awful "service".

Meidi-ya has a very bad way of refunding customers. No apology whatsoever even though it is their fault & the customer has to come all the way back to return the item/s.

Terrible. Japanese company.

After that, I just couldn't go back. Even though they have more Japanese items than Isetan, I just cannot make myself go back. Even bro refuses since the first time they caused trouble for us. He doesn't want me to go back.

One day, Meidi-ya is going to shut down. Not because of their high pricing of items, but because of their shitty management. 

Bro says their manager is some old, curly-haired Indian man who walks around doing nothing.

1) Shitty refund service.
2) Shitty cashiers.
3) Shitty fraudulent price tagging of items.
4) Expired potato chips that weren't removed by the older women who stack them.
5) Rotten fruit & chicken
6) Expensive & awful-looking salmon in seafood section.


No comments: