Friday 15 June 2018

Can I Live In Another Country?



I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I just read Ken Seeroi. Discovering him is like discovering a new country. For an American, he has amazingly fabulous English. Better than me. I'm not jealous.

Not that I know Americans. I haven't come across one with such smoothly excellent English like his, I mean online in forums, blogs etc.., not books. And a gay IBM American consultant informed me that Americans, majority, are uneducated.

Your writing Ken, & all the comments under your post, makes me think that I can make it. It's do-able. I can live. There. With my brother. I can do this. I don't mind waking up to a window view of rice fields. I read of a 24 yr-old Singaporean guy who has been doing that for 2 years & on.

Just forget the fact that I felt irritable for no particular reason suddenly after a 2 weeks stay 9 years ago. Time really goes in a blink of 2 eyes. Home sickness? I don't know. I just felt totally pissed looking at all that fakery... fake bird calls from a train station... all that... Actually, now that I consider... I don't really know why I was irritable. I felt like if I stayed another week, I'd go nuts. Everything was pissing me off.

That was 9 years ago. Maybe it was an acclimatization phase? Like breaks when climbing Mt Everest? I never hear people saying they feel like they are going nuts in the first 2 weeks working overseas.

Whatever it was... I'm ready to go. I'm all get set in my brain. Reading your posts, I am already there. And got my ass covered, in as much as guesstimates based on reading allow.

Thankfully, I read fast. Reading heaps of research journals & texts in my university days, I scan through paragraphs of information as quickly as I can. And there is no time. I just stuff everything into my on-board computer brain. Something like Data. But wish I was Data.....he's faster.

U ask in your post why leave the home country. U wouldn't believe me even if I told you.

1:02p.m. Sat 16 June