Thursday 14 June 2018

I want to be free


Wish I knew Oscar Wilde.  Every time I think of him, I think "what a pity".
Wish I was born in England. I would have become a famous writer by now. The thought of Tolkien pops to mind.

Born in stupid Singapore. Nothing but a desert. Nothing but road blocks. Spiritually unclean.

Still struggling all these years. Where is my magnus opus??? I just read Wiki for more details on The Picture of Dorian Gray after talking to bro about how possible it is for a man to turn into a demon, & I am so impressed, so awed by Oscar Wilde & what he calls "art" in order for it to pass through his society at that time. What is so "art" about a man being both educated & a murderer? These days, it's common. Doctors do it all the time & with licences.

The Victorians are impractical people. Or maybe they just didn't have educated murderers in those days.

Singapore just spent 20 million for a photograph to shake hands with a man who killed his half-brother. If only that 20 million were given to the citizens struggling to pay bills that keep coming one after another.

I want to get out of this place. I want to hurry to complete my work.
I don't want to give tuition to people I don't know.
I don't want to work 10 hours clearing tables & doing crap for hotels under the title "banquet" & still not have enough to pay 1 bill.
I want to be free from Singapore. I will not miss it.
When I am rich & famous, I don't want to say that I am from Singapore. I don't want to see another Singaporean where I go.
I want a new citizenship. A new name. A new life.
I want to be free.
How to get it?

Fri 15 June 12:50 p.m.