Wednesday 15 October 2014

Flower Grandpa Investigative Team/Grandpas over Flowers (Korean Drama) & Kuroko's Basketball


I'm only watching it because of this guy:

Looking good in white gloves here.  Looks like Sebastian (Black Butler anime).  Sexxyy...  But apart from this shot, the hair doesn't match well with his face.



Unfortunately... he & the other young guys turn into old men right into episode 1.

Well, then nothing left to watch, right? Who wants to watch old men? As usual with many Korean dramas, it starts out interesting but falls apart at the start with too much irrelevant jarring family arguments & talk.  Not enough main action. Too loose.

The reasons for the successes of Faith & My love from Another Star, are their attractive characters, tight plotting, surprising events & interesting situations.

Grandpas over Flowers is boring.  I don't think I can continue with Ep 2...

Actually, come to think... they should have done it the other way. Start out as old men but end as young men. So viewers will be held in suspense to know how handsome they really are. Which means, the story should start ... where they fall into that tank... 

Nahhh... it still means viewers end up watching a lot of the old men.  Therefore, this drama actually can't be done.  Yes I know Hollywood picked it up (?) but these days they pick up anything.

It's comedic in a way, but there's a limit to how far it can go.  I thought they would overlap the young faces over the old men so the viewer will know who is who. But so far, nothing. It's just elderly men.

*goes back to watching Kuroko no Basuke*    [I didn't think I would be interested in an anime about basketball & with so many episodes (there's even a season 2) ... but turns out to be good so far. I got to know this anime by accident.  Saw their handsome faces on the Gatcha machine that sells their keychain figurines at Toys R Us Vivocity. Wondered which anime it was.  Clearly it had something to do with basketball... went home to check online under images for "basketball anime". Viola! Found it.

Usually seiyuus come first for me: I'll only watch if the seiyuus I like are in an anime. But this time, the handsome characters & story are great even with seiyuus that I don't know for many of the main cast & don't really wish to check-and-match seiyuu to character.  Shinichiro Miki is there but minor character only. When I hear his voice, I need to watch Hakuoki.  I can't get past him playing Hijikata-san.  His voice so perfect.]

By the wayy.... Jimmy Lin is looking good here even after so many years! Pretty damn amazing! How ... What... did he do with his skin?? It's positively glowing like those Koreans! (Korean make-up artist?).  It's impossible. (Wait, how old is he in this photo? Checking... Wiki... 38. Oh.. married... to ... Kelly Chen? The Kelly Chen? The one who sang Eyes on Me?... *checks out her pic* It's another Kelly Chen...not pretty. Who is she?)

Wasn't he scruffy in Wolf (movie with the fabulous-looking-at-that-time Ambrose Xu)??

Well now (2012 Asian Idols), he looks like this: (unfortunately, very small-sized. I didn't know he was so small-sized. But at least he's still famous or even more famous/popular than the vanished Ambrose Xu who is/was my favourite guy of all time for the longest time.)

I love the first pic the most. He always had this sideways smile that he tried making it look sexy on screen... but here, he looks good with it. Very nice. I also didn't know he was so ... talented (from what Felix Wong said in the Asian Idols video.) .  He has become good-looking over the years while it's the reverse for many actors.

From the video, I see he has become natural, at ease & smooth in front of the camera compared to the past.... But when he later sings, his voice cannot match Jay Chou's.  His voice is still nice, nostalgic quality, but... hollow.

 
 


No comments: