Monday 20 July 2015

Blackball SG Dessert has been Blackballed


I am disappointed with the Blackball signature dessert served at Harbourfront. 

The appearance & portion of their signature dessert have changed.

Some time ago, it was a bigger plate with a big portion and a lot of shaved ice. Can be shared with another person.

But this evening Mon 20 July, the Blackball dessert didn't even look like the menu picture.

When I ordered, the China man even asked in broken English (that sounded Burmese), "Like in the picture?". I said yes.

He served a surprisingly small & flat portion. At first, I thought he had gotten our order wrong & asked bro to check whether it has ice when he went to collect.  Before bro could ask, the man said in Chinese that the ice was underneath.  Why is the ice underneath when it should be on top?

When I scooped the dessert, the ice was very little.  The ingredients were also little. Cutting costs? Need more profit?

Because the ice was little, the dessert looked flat in the bowl.  It wasn't a mountain.

Very disappointing, particularly on such a hot day. 

And since it didn't even look like in the menu picture, it's a fraud.

I won't be eating Blackball again. Especially when it's from China. I ate it a few times in the past (with hesitation) & just this once (with hesitation) because I was thirsty for an ice dessert. Since the quality & presentation have deteriorated, I won't be eating it again.

The staff turnover rate for this outlet is high. In the past, the staff used to be very generous with their servings. It was an older woman and a man. But they changed to young women cashiers who I saw were rude. So I never ordered. Now with this incident, I definitely won't be going back.

Feedback contact form in their website received no reply.


No comments: