Wednesday 28 December 2016

Strange Ezbuy Economy Air Slow & Exceeded ETA


[Update 7 Jan Sat: Ezbuy US order is 7 days slower than ordering direct from the US seller. That's how slow Ezbuy US buying process has become.  If Singpost were faster, the way they used to be, it would be even faster ordering direct.

On 12 Dec, I ordered 3 items from a US seller. First Class post to Ezbuy's US warehouse. When finally reached Ezbuy warehouse, Ezbuy took another 2 days to inspect before shipping out. Shipping took 7 days. I received only on 30 Dec. Total number of days from order placement to receiving it:  19 days.

Even though later, I ordered another item from another US seller on 17 Dec & shipped by First Class International on 19 Dec, I received also on 30 Dec delivered in my mailbox by Singpost. Shipping time was 6 days. The next huge 7 days delay was on Singpost's side. Total number of days from order to receiving: 14 days due to Singpost's slowness that took a record 7 days just to deliver to my address.

Despite ordering earlier through Ezbuy, I still received on 30 Dec, instead of earlier.  The direct order was made later & yet arrived on 30 Dec.]

------------------

Thurs 29 Dec

Just a few months ago, Ezbuy promoted their 2 days Economy Air shipping.

At that time, 2 days was rare. I experienced it only twice in the years of buying through Ezbuy.  They were able to consistently arrive in 3 days.  The ETA would be 5 days, but they would arrive in 3.

With the rarity of their 2 days shipping, I knew they couldn't make it.

True enough, their promotion was as if it never happened. Nothing happened. They were unable to do any 2 days shipping during & after their promise.

The 2 days assurance quietly fizzled off & nobody seems to remember or mention it.

Ezbuy couldn't uphold their promise & began to fall further.

As mentioned, the ETA was 5 days but they could arrive in 3.  Then, they started arriving in exactly 5 days, sometimes at the end of 5 days (late at night so I couldn't collect in the day).  Previously, it arrived in 5 days before 3pm, so it was possible to collect at 4 or 5pm.

Then 11.11, people complained that Ezbuy stopped stating the ETA. And one customer in Ezbuy Facebook said it took 15 days for her parcel to arrive via Economy Air.

It's just odd. Many regular customers have asked what's wrong with Ezbuy.

They seem to be sputtering. Inconsistencies. 1 set of order ETA 6 days. Another set of order ETA 5 days.

My order 23 Dec flight (ETA 28 Dec) did not arrive yesterday, even after 7 days of Economy Air. 1 day late.

I don't recall it happening to my China orders before.  It happened once (late) for my US order but no compensation because Ezbuy only compensates for China shipping.

I don't think it has anything to do with customs checks or clearance. Previously, there was no such problem.

Update: Even at 12:09AM Friday 30 Dec,  my other set of orders ETA 29 Dec arrived late. Just arrived but past midnight (so it's actually 30 Dec arrival, not 29).  [Update 30 Dec Fri morning: The system recorded arrival at 12:06AM, 6 mins past the day. I was compensated.].

Ezbuy system just updated the status to "arrange delivery". 

Where is my 1st set of orders ETA 28 Dec??

Ezbuy is very crafty.  Look at their table for compensation. Late compensation only for 1 day. What about 2 days? 3 days? Means if it passes ETA 2-3 days, there is no compensation.

Only compensate 30% of shipping up to 1 day.  Between 2 to 6 days,  no compensation.



Update Fri 30 Dec 4:41pm:  There was compensation for late arrivals of the 2 shipments. Both calculations are correct & entered automatically into my Ezbuy a/c upon arrival in SG (as mentioned by Venx yesterday in live chat).

The first refund is for the ETA 28 Dec. The 2nd refund is for the ETA 29 Dec (late by 6 mins into the next day). The first refund at 03:39am when it arrived in SG.




I still haven't received the shipment for ETA 28 Dec. I went earlier today at 1.30pm to collect the 2nd shipment ETA 29 Dec & the US shipment. And the staff said the ETA 28 Dec shipment not yet arrived at warehouse office.

Ezbuy is really sloppy weird. 

The shipments that I was able to collect was actually in the 5.30pm slot & yet they were available for collection at 1.30pm.  Yet the shipment (ETA 28 Dec) that was scheduled for 11am slot,  not yet arrive at warehouse office at 1.30pm.  

The delivery guy didn't bring the 11am parcel that should have been there!  Not for the first time, I have to go to Ezbuy warehouse twice!  Delay in shipping time. Delay in collection at warehouse. 

And the staff at the warehouse office are so clueless. I said where's the 3rd parcel? He asked, "What time did you schedule to collect?". As the parcels were all wrapped up, I didn't know what had arrived & didn't open them. So, I thought it was the parcel scheduled for later slot that was missing. Since he implied that I should collect at the specified slot, I didn't argue & left.

 

No comments: