Thursday 15 May 2014

Singapore Flag Burnt


I was looking for how much selling cardboard pays (coz I had put a few pieces of cardboard by the side of a trashbin downstairs at my void deck & as expected they disappeared when I returned.).

I finished reading the cardboard article on Asiaone. Then saw the side news: Burning of Singapore Flag by Vietnam Rioters...

The news says the SG flag was burnt due to "anti-China" protests. I was thinking what has "anti-China" feelings got to do with Singapore? We are not China.  And their people are also in Singapore.  Seeing the SG flag being burnt in the photo... I think they burnt the wrong flag.

When it comes to flags, it's easy to mistake which country is which. That's what I thought when I was young. Some countries' flags are really similar.  I figured this might be the case here, except that it's the sotong blur Vietnamese who burnt the wrong flag. I think because of the red with stars.  A flag that they should know since it belongs to a neighbour country (SG) where their people also work there. Yet they mistake for China's flag.

Turned out I was right. So sotong blur these people. How the heck can employers hire them in Singapore?

The burning of a Singapore national flag by Vietnamese protesters, who apparently mistook it for the flag of China...
Update Fri 16 May:  Now, how did "anti-China" become "anti-foreigner" protest?  http://therealsingapore.com/content/several-singapore-run-factories-vietnam-set-fire-anti-foreigner-protesters

So did they mistake the SG flag for China's or not? Apparently not. 

If even the "peaceful" Vietnamese know how to protest against foreigners over the China oil rig, how come SG people just keep quiet about the flood of foreigners in SG, NS & CPF? 




No comments: