Tuesday 11 September 2012

Faith Ep 10 The Great Doctor (Eng Subs/Translation) Lee Min Ho Korean Drama


Hmm... no preview for the next episode this time? :(    [2.35 a.m. 13 Sept Thurs.]
--------------


Hmm... Kimchidrama is down at the moment (12.26 p.m. Wed 12 Sept).
Epdrama is pretty fast this time. 1 day and Ep 10 is already subbed. http://www.epdrama.com/faith-the-great-doctor/faith-the-great-doctor-episode-10/

Once again, I'm translating from Chinese subs here: http://www.mapleto.com/node/58868/%E4%BF%A1%E7%BE%A9%28%E7%A5%9E%E9%86%AB%29-%E7%AC%AC10%E9%9B%86-the-faith-ep-10/

It takes many hours to translate.  I haven't watched the Eng subs for Ep 9 yet (Kimchidrama or epdrama), so I don't know how my translation compares to theirs.

Hmm... come to think, Min Ho has lost weight in this new look, that's why his jawline is so sharp now, and he stands a little too flat at his chest (a little hunched forwards) compared to the other royal guards. He did say he lost 7 kg in the filming of this drama.

Here we go... We start off where the previous episode ended.

The writing at the back of the diary says "Eun Soo".

Eun Soo: What's going on? How can such a thing be possible?  (zine ed: Hahaha... I had already guessed it was hers, which would explain her complete shock.)

Ki Cheol: What's written inside?
Eun Soo: Can you please tell me. Tell me this isn't real.
Ki Cheol: Doc god, what exactly is this writing?
Eun Soo: This is definitely a long and complicated and absurd dream. If it isn't a dream, why would there be such a thing? Once I wake, everything will return to as they were.
Ki Cheol: What exactly is written in there that has shaken you up so much? Tell me. You can read this writing? Indeed, this is Heaven's writing.
Eun Soo: It's my name. Look, Eun Soo. My name.
Ki Cheol: Then what are these?
Eun Soo: I am not sure also. Although I don't know but...  (recites the numbers) Looks like coordinates.
Ki Cheol: Coordinates?
Eun Soo: Could this be the positioning of that door that can get me back? My country, my time. Then these coordinates are...

(zine ed: Ahhh... she should have pretended and taken the book for further examination and kept her thoughts to herself! She's too honest. No wonder Ki Cheol quickly wrapped it back up when I saw the raw of this episode.)

Ki Cheol:  We stop here. 
Eun Soo: What are you doing?
Ki Cheol: I can't let you go back yet.
Eun Soo: Give it back!
Ki Cheol:  Sorry, can't do that.
Eun Soo: Give it to me! Give it back!  (smashes into Doc Jang) Release me! Help me snatch it back! I want to see that diary! Please! Let me go!! Give it back to me!
Ki Cheol:  If I give it back, what are you going to do?
Eun Soo: Anyway, you don't understand the contents in there! I will help you to decipher it, Ok? Please give it back to me!
Ki Cheol: You said the writing here is a map to go to Heaven's world.
Eun Soo: I am also not certain! Not sure what it is. I will decipher it to see! So, give it to me, Ok?
Ki Cheol: A heaven's book written in heaven's writing. A book with doc god's name written in it.  A book indicating the position of the door to heaven. Such a valuable book if given to doc god, and if taking this book you return to heaven, then I... what shall I do?  After you have calmed down, I will visit again. At that time, we can continue chatting.
Eun Soo: No, can't! Let me go!! Must get it back!!
Doc Jang:  I am one person, unable to deal with those 2 persons! What exactly happened? The book from heaven. Doc god.
Eun Soo: It's Korean language. The writing inside it is Korean and my name.  How can there be such a thing? How can it be possible? That is my handwriting. My name. I always write it that way. But that book, it's the first time I've seen it.

(zine ed: Actually, she should ask Choi Young to think of a way to get it back for her. He knows how things work in his world better than her and he knows Ki Cheol. Choi Young should be able to get it back even if he steals it back).

Ki Cheol: Royal guard. I heard you've been to heaven's world before.
Choi Young: Yes.
Ki Cheol: What did you see? How exactly is heaven's world?

(zine ed: Ahh... this one, he has to ask Lord Gyung Chang. ^_^ Choi Young said it to him. Carriages without horses...broad roads, bright lights...Ki Cheol can forget about Choi Young saying the same thing to him).

Choi Young:  Because came and left in a hurry, pardon me, I didn't see much of heaven's things.
Ki Cheol: Didn't see much?
Choi Young: Yes.
Ki Cheol: Wasn't easy to make the trip, and just only invited a doctor?
Choi Young: I was carrying out my order and the king's order was to invite a doctor.
Ki Cheol:  The things in heaven aren't even worth mentioning?  In your eyes, you only see one doctor?

(zine ed: Thank goodness Choi Young is not one to talk and brag, although I don't know how he managed to keep it all to himself. It's/he's amazing.).

Choi Young: So saying, you finally believe I have been to heaven.
Ki Cheol: Previously, I said you were a warrior with brains, now seems I have overestimated you. Through heaven's door, arrived in heaven, only to follow the king's order.
Choi Young: You say it's only to follow the king's order.
Ki Cheol: A pity. A pity and also makes me angry. Heaven's door, why did it have to open in front of such a stupid person as you.  This is our country's misfortune. Our country does not have the good luck. Why didn't it open in front of me, but in front of you??
Choi Young:  Heaven must have its own reasons for doing it. If allowed your lordship to arrive in heaven, heaven's storehouse would be at risk, what to do then? Such a stupid person like me, at most just abduct a doctor is all.

(zine ed: hahaha... Choi Young is still smarter, knows how to answer back with brains. Cool).

Royal guard: Aren't you going to have a look?
Choi Young: Deok Man.
Deok Man: Yes, captain.
Choi Young: Go to the herb garden, protect doc god.

(zine ed: Why? ^_^ Choi Young has no guts to go see her? Or he can't because he needs to be around for the king?)

Deok Man: Yes, sir!
Dae Man: I'll g... go, will do! I go protect...
Choi Young: Didn't you miss once before?

(zine ed: Wahh.... Choi Young is so hurtful to say that).

Dae Man:  That's why I want to...
Deok Man: Don't worry. Even if I have to sacrifice my life, I'll also...
Choi Young: (whacks him) Say so many times already, don't anyhow sacrifice your life! How many lives are contained in your bag?
Deok Man: But what if doc god encounters danger...
Choi Young:  Don't give up your life, don't sacrifice! Just protect her on the side will do.
Deok Man:  I know.
Royal guard: What about you, captain?
Choi Young: What's up with you?
Royal guard: Aren't you going to take a look?
Deok Man: Doc god should be waiting..
Choi Young: If really encounter danger, immediately carry her on your back and flee. Don't think of winning the opponent.
Deok Man:  I can carry her? Then I can also touch...

(zine ed: Hahahaha!! This scene is actually in the preview at the end of Ep 8. But oddly, in that preview, Choi Young is still wearing his golden armor and has short curly hair with different looks than here. But this dialogue between them about carrying Eun Soo off is the same. Did they show a wrong preview?).

Man: Hurry, hurry! There, there! Here, here! Hurry, hurry, put down! Careful, careful! This is the son of Ssangseong city.

(zine ed: According to nciku and Wiki, Yi Seong-gye (1335-1408) was founder and first king of Korean Yi dynasty (1392-1910). At the time he was the son of a "minor Korean official in service of Mongols in Ssangseong".)

Doc Jang: Where does it hurt? Can you hear me?
Man: From yesterday, his stomach hurt unbearably. Been vomiting the whole night.

Royal guard: I am royal guard Woo Deok Man. I was ordered to protect doc god. It's our captain's order. 
Eun Soo: I am Yoo Eun Soo. How do you do? (goes into the clinic) Emergency?
Doc Jang: Typhoid fever.
Eun Soo: Intestinal what? 
Doc Jang: Pus and blood congestion flowed into the intestines and became pus. 
Eun Soo: Can I take a look?
Doc Jang: You want to see?

(zine ed: I like that Eun soo asked first before taking a look, means she respects Doc Jang as a doctor. So far, she has always asked first before taking a look and she would talk to Doc Jang without looking down on him, as if he's her equal doc-to-doc.).

Eun Soo: (pressing) How is it?
Yi Seong-gye: That side doesn't hurt as much.
Eun SooSeems to be appendicitis.     

(zine ed: I was thinking appendicitis when I saw the raw of this episode from the way she was pressing. ^_^; Actually I hate it when doctors press like this. I would usually push their hand aside out of reflex and they wouldn't like it, coz maybe they think it's rude, but I really don't care coz their pressing hurts and it's my body that they are not feeling).

Eun Soo: What time did the pain start? Any fever, vomiting?
Man: Yes, yes!
Doc Jang:  The pulse is a flood pulse, the situation now...
Eun Soo:  A little simpler, I don't understand.
Doc Jang:  The pulse is like a flood, rises and declines, full of surging. Symptom of turning to pus.
Eun Soo:  I know without doing CT. Need to operate stomach. My surgical instruments... He's taken them.
Doc Jang: Prepare Coix aconite, Patrina Powder and Rhubarb Moutan decoction. 
Eun Soo: What are you doing?
Doc Jang: I want to add Moxibustion to medicine to expel the pus from the patient's body. 

(zine ed: I guess Eun Soo is probably thinking Doc Jang is doing hocus pocus and her surgery is better. But I think she should just let things be. Her surgery isn't any better in this type of environment and surgery isn't always the best option. Who knows, maybe Doc Jang's method works since he does have the experience. She should wait and see and possibly learn how Doc Jang's method might enhance her own learning to take back to our world.)

Deok Man: You can't go out on your own. Where do you want to go?  If the captain knows, he'll...
Eun Soo:  Mister Deok Man.
Deok Man: Yes, doc god!  
Eun Soo: I am actually very bad at knowing my way around, plus every time I get dragged here and there, even more unable to know the way. Can you help lead the way? 
Deok Man: Lead the way?
Eun Soo: Where is Lord Deok Song government House Ki Cheol's residence? 
Deok Song: Huh?
Eun Soo: I have to hurry perform an operation otherwise he's going to die.
Deok Song: It's me who's going to die!! 
Eun Soo: It concerns a life! Quickly! 

(zine ed: Aahahaha! Choi Young should have been the one guarding her. Deok Man doesn't know how persistent she can get. She's not easy. Choi Young sent the wrong guard, but I think none of the guards can do the job).

Ki Cheol: The doc god?  
Adviser: Yes, waiting for you in the study. Said she wants you to hand over her things. 

Eun Soo:  (practising) How do you do? How... (turns to Deok Man) How is it? 
Deok Man: What?
Eun Soo: How does my smile look? Is it natural? Or... or a little awkward? 
Deok Man: Very pretty.   (zine ed: I was thinking that too, watching her rehearsing her smile)

Eun Soo: How do you do?
Ki Cheol: Good. Still curious about doc god's book. Can't just wait over there, can you? So..
Eun Soo: It's not that... I came to get my surgical instruments. 
Ki Cheol: Surgical instruments?
Eun Soo:  I'm a doctor, medical doctor right? With those instruments,  I can work. Even if you keep them, it's no use.  Why don't you give them back to me?
Ki Cheol: Aren't we dealing? Just plain giving is a little uninteresting, isn't it? 
Eun Soo: Don't tell me you have already given up?
Ki Cheol: I give up? Give up what? 
Eun Soo: My heart.  Didn't you want to obtain my heart? Then why don't you try? If our hearts are together, then we can sit side by side on friendly terms, research the contents inside, side by side. 
Ki Cheol: Who knows.
Eun Soo:  If the coordinates written in there are not wrong, we can go to heaven together. 

(zine ed: Now she's playing it).
 
Ki Cheol: Together?
Eun Soo: Don't you want to go and see? Heaven. But not today, I'm a little busy. Anyway, give them to me first, those instruments. 
Ki Cheol: Don't be afraid of me.  To me, doc god is now even much more important than the country. Tomorrow, I am unable to guarantee but today, this instant is as now. So please value yourself, I will once more, bring you back here very soon,  wait a moment. 

Royal guard:  His Majesty has been waiting very long.
King: Yik Che, Yi Che Heon. You think he can govern? 
Choi Young: That is what I think, but whether he will immediately respond to your Majesty's summons, is not known. 
King: Because afraid of Lord Deok Song government House? 
Choi Young: In answering to your summons, it implies being enemy with Lord Deok Song government House. Of course, he'll be afraid. 
King:  Perhaps, I am not bestowing an official position, or it could be to his death. Who is this person beside? Bogung Nisen. 
Choi Young: It's the eldest disciple of Yik Che. As long as can keep one person of use to your Majesty, it's the same as having both. 
King: You said it's Suribang that gave you this name list? 
Choi Young: Yes. On the surface is selling medicine, but actually they are people who earn their living by selling information. The leader is the master uncle who was in the same group as my master. 
King: Can I also have them for my use? (Choi Young cutely clears his throat meaning no) Why?
Choi Young: They call me a dog among the little broken king's men.

(flashback)
Man: Even though you call me master uncle, have you forgotten how your master was killed by that person? 
Choi Young: Of course I remember. 
Man: A dog loyal to his master. In order to eat its flesh, the master heated up a pot of water and beat the dog hard. Why? 
Woman:  Beat hard so the meat will be soft. 
Man: But the rope broke, the dog escaped. Why?
Woman: Because it hurt. 

Man: But the moment the master shouted,  it came back again. And even wagged its tail. Why?
Woman: Because it's a dog. 
Man: Because it's a dog. That's how your master died. 

(zine ed: I agree. His master was loyal to the point of being silly. And now, Choi Young seems to be doing the same.).

Choi Young: It's not the same king.
Man: What isn't the same king? A king is a king. What not the same king? 
Woman:  Eating a warm meal, yet saying stupid words. Stop eating! 
Man: Leave quickly. Don't ever come here again. 
Choi Young: Master uncle... 
Man: Don't call me.

(zine ed: These people are really mean to take his food away while he's eating. I don't like the woman's face, neither do I like the man).

King: Master, disciple, I would like to meet. 
Choi Young: And after meeting them?
King: I heard Lord Deok Song government House takes pleasure in obtaining people's hearts. So, I'd also like to try obtaining people's hearts. (sees Choi Young)  Is that a mocking laugh? 
Choi Young: Just a laugh. I'll go prepare then.



Dae Man: Captain, that person...
Choi Young: Who?
Dae Man: Doc god. She went to Lord Deok Song government House's residence.
Choi Young: What?
Dae Man:  She's back again, now treating someone.  Using those instruments.
Choi Young: Take it to the deputy captain. Ask him to check the locations of those people whose names have dots.
Dae Man: Deputy captain, dots, location.

(zine ed: Oh, thank goodness the director stopped showing those blood and gore of the operation)

Deok Man: Captain.
Choi Young: I heard you went to Lord Deok Song government House's residence.
Eun Soo: What's the matter?
Choi Young: Do you know how much effort his Majesty put in to rescue you from that place?
Eun Soo:  Really wasting effort. Didn't I say before? I was doing fine at his house. But why all that stuff about conspire to usurp, playing with me?
Choi Young: Is that so?
Eun Soo: That matter. I'm sorry. Lord Gyung Chang, was poisoned, yet as a doctor I hesitated and didn't do anything, causing you to personally kill him. I'm sorry. That time, I stabbed you in front of heaven's door. I'm also sorry for that. Thanks that you are still alive. Everyday endure my torture, so damnably frustrating, yet still continue protecting me. All these, I know.  I'm really grateful in my heart.
Choi Young:  What's the meaning?

(zine ed: Wahh... he's very smart.).

Eun Soo: From now on, I will do as I see fit, on my own.
Choi Young: What do as you see fit?
Eun Soo:  I now roughly know already, how to handle Lord Deok Song government House. Today in the day, I experimented it. Seems to work. I have what he wants. As long as I use it to negotiate well with him, who knows I might even get back my diary.
Choi Young: What does he want?
Eun Soo: You don't need to know.  I will do as I see fit.
Choi Young: What is it?!
Eun Soo: Don't I know a little history?  What he wants to know is some information about the future. That is...
Choi Young: You promised to tell him those things? To him?
Eun Soo: I will only pretend to tell him. The answers he wants, I can fabricate. Real or fake, how would he know?
Choi Young:  Lady... Lady seems not very clear about what sort of person Lord Deok Song government House is.
Eun Soo: What I want to say is... Don't interfere with me anymore. I will search on my own, the road back to my world.

(zine ed: Without his protection, I doubt she will last long with Ki Cheol or on the road. Too innocent, too honest and defenceless. Without the king and Choi Young, she'd still be stuck in Ki Cheol's mansion.).

Eun Soo: Afraid I might not see you again, so I bid you goodbye in advance. During this time so far, thank you.  I'm sorry. And, try your best to avoid fighting. Don't be wounded. When it's time, eat.

Choi Young: (grabs Deok Man's neck) You.  Let her outside again, I won't spare you.
Deok Man: Understood.

Dae Man: The people with dots here, investigate where they are.
Deputy captain: But where did the rascal Dol Bae go?
Dae Man: Those people with dots, their locations.
Deputy captain: I know.
Dol Bae: Oh, deputy captain.
Deputy captain: Hey. How is Group B arranged? How come there are so many loopholes?
Dol Bae: I will go fix it right now. B group!

(zine ed: Oh crap, she took that name list >.<)

Adviser: This is the list of people his Majesty wants to keep.
Ki Cheol:  Doc god personally said, will only pretend to tell me the information that she knows. What I want to hear, can be fabricated.
Eum Ja: How would you know what is real or not, that's what she said.
Soo In: Doc god that girl, can't be talking nonsense, right? From his Majesty, to the princess, and to the royal guard captain. Can't be they conspired to play us, right?
Ki Cheol: How is the person whom doc god treated?
Eum Ja: Seems to have been some healing.  A dying person was cured in half a day.
Soo In: Brother disciple.  Before becoming an even greater laughing stock, better to give up. What heaven's hole, heaven... can it be believed?
Adviser: How should this name list be handled?
Ki Cheol: If playing with me, those people,  I will make them be the price, one by one.  But it's a little of a pity. Investigate a little again, to let me know for sure if it's real or false. Because I really hope a lot that that heaven woman is for real.

Lady Choi: Able to know the future.
Choi Young: That's what she said.
Lady Choi: Then, that doc god is a fortune teller?
Choi Young: Not fortune teller. Heaven has record book or some similar thing.  But that's not important. If Lord Deok Song government house believes that's real, what do you think will happen?
Lady Choi: One sentence sums it up. Ki Cheol is like a child who likes new toys. If treat doc god as his new toy, will first play with her.
Choi Young: But, didn't lock her in his own residence, but let her out. That implies how much he respects doc god. Can assume he wouldn't hurt her...
Lady Choi: You don't know what's a toy? Toy is, after playing until tired of it, either throw, or smash it, or destroy.
Choi Young: Aunt, you occasionally exaggerate, you know?
Lady Choi: Know someone named Kum Sung? A painter whose name was once famous till Yuan country. It's said his drawings were so realistic. So his drawings could even lure butterflies. That fellow Ki Cheol is mesmerized by Kum Sung. So buys for him tiled-roof house and pleasure boat. Really being tortured by the exhilaration.
Choi Young:  So then?
Lady Choi:  At first he liked it so much. But one day, the drawing that Kum Sung drew made him angry. Ki Cheol originally asked him to draw himself, but Kum Sung drew a snake. That night, Ki Cheol cut off both his hands, and after digging out his eyes, threw him at the back of a hill.  He couldn't walk, could only crawl, but nobody would dare help him because afraid Ki Cheol might go after them.
Choi Young: A doll that wants to live, then what should it do?
Lady Choi: Can only listen obediently, try hard to cater to his thoughts. This way, then will be better pampered and stay for a little longer.
Choi Young: This seems a little impossible. Because she isn't the sort of person who will cater to people's thoughts.
Lady Choi:  I think so too.
Choi Young: Then should let her flee?
Lady Choi: Where can she flee to? Ki Cheol's power is not restricted to Goryeo. Even extends into the Central Plains. What ability do you have to flee? Why? You want to take her and flee? But now, you have a lot of tasks, can you handle it all?

Hawker: Sir, sir, come take a look!  Come buy one!
Man: Sir, We're only ordinary folks selling medicine. What are you guys doing?
Royal guard: I also don't know why we are doing this.

Choi Young: Stop looking here and there.
Dae Man: Yes.
Choi Young: Up till now, you still can't drink?
Dae Man: Once I drink, someone will die. Not me, but it's a certain someone beside me.
Choi Young: Can't you control even with just one or two cups?
Dae Man: I can't. But that...
Choi Young: I know.  (arrowshot) Sit down.
Man: Although I already earlier know you are a big shot, but didn't think you would become this crappy.
Woman: Master uncle. What crime did he commit, why do you always scold him?
Man: Then how else do I say about him?
Woman: Lackey.  (zine ed: it means dog follower).
Man:  After becoming the king's lackey, then don't care about anything, right? Betray your master uncle and your 3 disciple brothers. How much did they pay you?
Woman:  Oh, come. Why would he want money? Give Choi Young money and he wouldn't even know how to spend it.
Man: Then what exactly did this kid get?? Just dizzy and change direction like that... Really.
Woman: Why exactly did you do this? Our children do business, you came to snatch things, break our business and beat them up.
Man: Was it your king who made you do this? Beat them till bloody? Took our children and beat them? Was it your king who instructed you guys to do this?
Choi Young: Ask him yourself.

Man: What?
Choi Young: This is his Majesty.

(zine ed: I love the king's cute intelligent face watching them ^__^)

King:  On the outside,  called Man Bo medicine selling gang. But actually is an information depot that has all the information regarding Goryeo. You two are Man Bo siblings? (man nods) Even if I asked you guys to come, you also wouldn't come.  I heard that if I went to look for you guys, you guys would hide even deeper. So I arranged this show. Would you do me the honor of drinking a cup of wine poured by me?

Eum Ja eavesdropping  (zine ed: reminds me of ... that sound recorder in Transformers).

Eun Soo: Heaven records it as such. Goryeo will continue to develop to become Korea. The whole world will call us Korea. The whole world refers to ... meaning, at that time, there will be many countries. This has no significant meaning?
Doc Jang: No meaning.

(zine ed: Doc Jang is really...clueless).

Eun Soo: Argh... then how to put it. History is a little difficult to explain. Then teach Science.  How about this. For instance, electricity.... But this seems too advanced.  What are the things that Goryeo needs in this time?  Gunpowder, guns and weapons cannot.  How about water pipes, sewers? These are also important for the citizens' health. Ah! Might as well construct flushing toilets! This is so important to me!
Doc Jang: So you want to teach us heaven's knowledge? Then you want to search for doc god's diary?
Eun Soo: That's right, if I find the numbers and coordinates that's recorded in that diary, then I can find the way to get back.
Doc Jang: Can you be sure that that's the way back?
Eun Soo: I don't know. Don't know that's why need to confirm it.
Doc Jang: Doc god,  my thinking and the captain's are the same.
Eun Soo: What thinking?
Doc Jang: Lord Deok Song government House is a very scary person.
Eun Soo:  It's Ok. I am afterall, a person who once lived in Gangnam. There on the big roads, are thousands of people who are three or four times scarier than him. Their faces are smiling, but their hearts are incomparably vicious.
Doc Jang:  There are scary people in heaven too?
Eun Soo: Actually the place I live is not heaven.  I once said this to Choi Young. But he always treats my words as dog fart. I don't think he remembers.
Doc Jang: Isn't it heaven?
Eun Soo: The place I live.... I seem to have come from the future.

Deok Man: If you want to sleep, go home and sleep! Why nap in the big garden of other people's house?  What are you looking at? Where are you looking? I say white-haired person, no matter how I look at you, I'm not happy.  I dislike you so much that I'm going to kill you. Then make you wear a crime. Say you wanted to violate doc god in the middle of the night, how's that? Hey! You are just walking away like that? Let's fight some! Hey, white-haired!

(zine ed: What's the matter with Deok Man. Tsk tsk... he's lucky Eum Ja didn't kill him. And shouldn't Deok Man be surprised and arrest this intruder?? No wonder the captain has to whack sense into him. How can he be a royal guard? O.O) 

King: Good, then what are your thoughts?
Man: What should we say?
Woman: You are kind and merciful that you honor small folks like us. Really divine grace almighty, we'll leave it as this and take our leave then.
Choi Young: Your Majesty. Such a vicious group, either they become ours, or get rid of them completely. Letting them off here, it will be very difficult catching them again in future. Hope you can make a decision here. Do you want them or kill them?
Man: You rascal Choi Young, really!
Choi Young: Your Majesty, please give your order.
King: I say Man Bo. What do you say I should do? I have to make a decision now. My reigning career, even if flow a little fresh blood in taking a shortcut, or cleanly walk a straight and righteous path, today here, I want to see you guys to decide.  So how should I choose?

Choi Young: What? You actually lost the name list??
Deputy captain: That's because ... Hey, Did you give it to me?
Dae Man: I gave it to you! I really really...
Choi Young: What exactly are you guys saying?
Deputy Captain: I seem to have received it, seem to have stashed it here.
Dol Bae: Captain, Suribang sent reply message.
Choi Young: What?
Dol Bae: Eum Ja is at doc god's side. Within Eum Ja's inner power, he has "enter secretly technique". So asked you to be a little careful. But what's that "enter secretly technique"?
Choi Young: The ability to hear other people speaking even from afar. Where's doc god?
Deputy captain: Should have gone to Gunsong hall, I just saw her going in there.

Eun Soo: It has healed very fast. Estimated in another month, will need to look everywhere for where the scar used to be. My skill is still pretty good. Please take a look. The wound looks Ok, right?
King: Indeed.
Eun Soo: Only need to first boil tonic will do?
Doc Jang: Should be.
Empress: I heard you again rescued a person today.
Eun Soo: Ah, that child. I was just helping.
King: I heard he's the son of a high official of Ssangseong city. Followed his father and came to Gaekyeong, if he died here, I'm afraid I'll be in a tight spot.
Eun Soo:  So, he's the son of a high official.
Lady Choi: He's the second son of Yi Ja Chun, his name is Yi Seong Gye.
Eun Soo: What did you say his name was?
Lady Choi :  Yi Ja Chun's second son,  Yi Seong Gye.
Eun Soo: Oh my god, could it be... could it be...
King: Doc god?
Eun Soo: It can't be that Yi Seong Gye? That Yi Seong Gye in the history books? (goes to Doc Jang) If it weren't for me, would the princess have died?
Doc Jang: I'm afraid so. At that time, the wound was too serious.
Eun Soo: If I didn't go at that time, Lord Gyung Chang would not have died of poisoning, right? Even if it was cancer, he wouldn't have died of poison.
King: Doc god, what exactly are you saying?
Eun Soo: If that child, I didn't cure, would he have died? That child... If it's really the Yi Seong Gye that I know.

(zine ed: Ahh... took her so long to get it. She's know about time warp but not about time paradox? But while I thought she's disturbing history.... thinking about it, I think she's fixing it and ensuring the future of the present exists. Without her, the princess would have died, Yi Seong Gye would have died.  Our future as we know it would be changed. So, she has to go back in time and ensure certain people are "rescued" for her/our future.

I've also been thinking that it's amazing that Doc Jang doesn't seem jealous of her taking over what should be his expertise. He's very humble, or could he be... he's a spy?? O.O). 

Eun Soo: What's all this...
King: Do you know him? That official's son.
Eun Soo: That child.. in future... in future...  Lee's North Korea.

(zine ed: who knows, if she didn't save those people, our world now might be a better place. Korea would not be split in 2).

Choi Young: Your Majesty.  I'm Choi Young. Could I ask doc god to temporarily come out?
Eun Soo: Release me! Quick let me go!
Choi Young: I have something to tell you.
Eun Soo: I'll speak first! What exactly did you do to me?
Choi Young: Doc god.
Eun Soo: By grabbing me to this world, do you know the significance of it?!
Choi Young: Can you please shut that mouth? That's what I want to tell you.
Eun Soo: Let go! Although I am only a weak woman who is quite lacking in social common sense and go with the flow, but at least I know one thing: cannot anyhow change history. So ever since coming to this world, I have been very careful. Before I have finished speaking, don't you dare try coming over! Then today, I had an operation to perform, and this wasn't because of my whatever high class doctor's morality, but I wanted to test that Ki Cheol person. Using the surgical instruments as excuse, meet him. So it was difficult to have that surgery, but you know who that patient was?
Choi Young: Please do not say anymore!
Eun Soo: That child... when he grows up, will become...
Choi Young: Don't say anymore!!
Eun Soo: Why?!  I'm now in such an entanglement! Then who do I tell it to?!
Choi Young: You act as if you know. Anyhow say those things... History or the future and stuff. Do you know such talk puts you in danger?!
Eun Soo: Today, I saved the person who will kill you in the future. Why would I do that?? Being dragged here, why would I do that? Who do I ask?!

Choi Young: Royal guards.  Protect doc god.
Deok Man: Doc god.

Ki Cheol: It's true. That woman is definitely doc god. Hwa Ta's item. Heaven's door, heaven's person, heaven's words, heaven... All really exist. Ohh... good heavens. I ruined such a valuable thing.
Ki Cheol's bro: Then what should we do, elder bro? Do we bring back that doc god again? Catch back again?
Adviser: So what if catch her back? Even if ask that girl about the future, as long as she doesn't speak the truth, it's useless.
Ki Cheol:  You got a point. There's still that problem. Need to handle it simply. Simple and easy. I'm too anxious.  Want to understand so much, want to have so much. Yet time is too short.

(zine ed: Wow, what happened to Eum Ja? His ear bled. From? Could it be that night, Deok Man shattered his concentration?).

Soo In: Brother disciple's ear is 12 times more sensitive than other people's. That's why you shut your ears.  Why still open? If become deaf, what to do?
Eum Ja: Because disciple brother wants to know.
Soo In: Lies are to be used at this time. "Although used secret technique, yet didn't hear". Wouldn't that have done it?
Eum Ja: Senior sis, how can lying be so easy?
Soo In: Actually lies need to be easier to say than speaking the truth.
Eum Ja: Is that so?
Soo In: Of course.

(zine ed: Mmm.... ^__^ Eum Ja's voice is suddenly very sexy and low like this, and I'm sure he's enjoying that nice ear stroking. He's positively purring with that voice.).

Soo In: Want to live a little relaxedly, lies will need to be used.  Did you see that child?
Eum Ja: Who do you mean?
Soo Inn:  Royal guard captain. Still pursuing that woman? The doc god from heaven.
Eum Ja: What do you wish to know?

(zine ed: ^_^ I've been thinking ever since he held that handkerchief over her mouth, that he likes her, and he's jealous that she likes Choi Young). 

Soo In: Our brother disciple, loves to play with this world the most. Me, I love to play with men's hearts the most.  My good junior brother, what do you like playing the most?  Don't be angry. Choi Young is just one toy among countless others, whereas our junior brother...

(zine ed: Oooohh.. I love that frown of his brows and his lips.... ^__^)

Eun Soo: How is he? Does the operated area still hurt?
Seong Gye: Still bearable.
Eun Soo: Lay down.
Seong Gye: You are the doc god from heaven, right?

(zine ed: Ahh... what a handsome boy! Feminine eyes and beautiful skin. He has Min Ho's eyes. As handsome as Choi Young. And here, I thought nobody could be as handsome or handsomer than Min Ho.  Pity to have to kill him. Are you sure he cannot be convinced not to kill Choi Young in future?).

Eun Soo: Indeed that's what they call me.
Seong Gye:  My life that originally was surely ended, I heard you saved me. My father will be back very soon. Will repay you. Now he is on urgent business, unable to come. Very soon..
Eun Soo: Your name...
Seong Gye: My name is Yi Seong Gye. My home is in Cheon Ju, now staying at Ssangseong.  My father...
Eun Soo: Cheon Ju? Yi clan?
Seong Gye: Yes, that's right.

Choi Young: Go take a look at the medical hall.
Dae Man: Yes. What do I go there for?
Choi Young: Go there and see whether doc god is there.
Dae Man: Yes.
Dol Bae: Lord Deok Song government House has entered the palace. Just saw him entering Kangan hall.

Soo In: Hi.
Eun Soo: What's going on?
Soo In: I came to get you.  Want to go on a stroll with you.
Eun Soo: Let her go.
Soo In: No, can't. Answer first.  From now on, happily go with me on a stroll. Ok?
Eun Soo: Let her go, then we'll see.
Soo In:  First kill her,  then your reply will be faster?
Eun Soo: Go inside for a  look.
Deok Man: Inside?
Eun Soo:  Doke (the servant girl being held hostage) is carrying heavy stuff and needs your help.  Inside.
Deok Man:  I obey. Hey Doke, I'm coming in! I'm opening the door! Ah right, she can't answer. Do I have to go in?  Doke! Dae Man! Did you see?
Dae Man: What am I supposed to see?

Ki Cheol: Ahh.. then those who are protecting his Majesty are all here? Is this all?  There are no others?
King:  Want to report the urgent matter, please speak.
Ki Cheol: I heard your Majesty is recruiting people. Talented persons from everywhere, excellent knowledge, exceptional talent. Your thinking is perfectly right. Rights, in order to acquire or to maintain, first thing must have are people.  So I have thought, can't let you so easily have.
King: Why? Are you going to fight me in order to acquire rights?
Ki Cheol: Fighting, can leave it out. So, was thinking before the struggle begins, I wish to tidy up a little. I heard you tapped into black market information, obtained a name list. Right? Your Majesty. I am your man. I really can't accept that the person you need isn't me, but it's others. I have an incorrigible habit. That's my jealous heart is a little stronger than others. So...
King: So.
Ki Cheol: I hate the people on the name list. Don't wish to let them live on this earth.
Choi Young: Before his Majesty, how dare you use such disrespectful words! Royal guards have the duty, can immediately execute this person, your Majesty.
King: He said he only needs a word from me to execute you immediately, Lord Deok Song government House. You came here alone, you should be prepared.  Throw out your life, then can say such presumptuous words in front of me.
Ki Cheol:  How can it be possible I would say what I said without any countermeasure?
King: Countermeasure?
Ki Cheol: The first countermeasure, was put at the princess's place.  The second, was placed at doc god's place.

Soo In: Ah... so good. I love this type of weather. Regardless of whether it's horse riding or killing, it's feels so cool at the end.
Eun Soo: Although I learnt how to ride before, but I learnt it a little unwillingly, so don't really like.
Soo In: Look over there.
Seong Gye: Doc god! Doc god!
Eun Soo: What is the meaning of this?!
Soo In: Regardless of whether it's earth or heaven's doctor, seeing your own patient dying, doesn't it feel bad? So captured him. Aren't I very smart?
Eun Soo: You guys... don't tell me you guys kidnapped him??
Soo Inn: Look at her, is she angry?
Eun Soo: If you got anything to say, say it to me! Why involve innocent people? That patient can't take jolting.
Soo In: Killing him is fine too.
Eun Soo: What?
Soo In: Actually very easy. If you come with us to some places and do some things. But if you make me fed up, his life will be at risk.  Only this.
Eun Soo: Take people's lives, say it like it's so easy.  You guys...
Soo In: Easy. Killing people, to me, it's the simplest thing.
Eum Ja: This way.

Choi Young: Kill this person first, your Majesty. We can think of solutions later.
Ki Cheol: Your Majesty's position is just this. Abandon who, obtain who. Sacrifice who, save who. Keep making such choices.
Choi Young: Your Majesty.
King: Keep the sword in your hand first.
Ki Cheol: You're wise, your Majesty.
King: This kind of scrambled upside down words you use, I'm sick of it. What do you want? What do you hope for me to fulfill for you?
Ki Cheol: I have no motive. Your Majesty. Only hope that you are fine with it.
King:  You dare, in front of me, turn me into a puppet king?
Ki Cheol: You misunderstand. My meaning is that I hope you become a king who cherishes the citizens. Those people on the list are also your Majesty's citizens, right? As long as you give them up, they will live.
King: What did you say?

Soo In: Here seems to be the first destination. Yun De On. Seems to be above forty. Oh, could it be him?

Ki Cheol: The first person on that list, according to what I know, in broad daylight has met with a bandit and is dead.
King: You guys killed him?
Ki Cheol:  In a quarter of an hour later, the second person on that list, seems also to have met a bandit. A quarter of an hour later, will also... 
King: And then? And then!! 
Ki Cheol:  You should understand now, what you should do? 
Choi Young: Please leave it to me to handle. Please gain a little time for me. Is that Ok?
King: Go. 
Choi Young: I will hurry back as soon as possible.

Kids: Grandpa!
Paper: Knowing the mistake,  must correct it.

Soo In: Are you feeling better? Need to hurry to the next house. It's about time, need to set off. Before the sun sets, still many houses to go. How about it? Now you understand us fully? How bad we are. What will happen if you play around with us.
Eum Ja: Now, can we go on to the next step? 
Soo In: That's right. The next step will require doc god to specify.  You need to choose one out of three. The first one.... Kunsong hall princess. Number two, medical hall Doctor Jang. Third, royal guard Choi Young. Out of these three, which one have you got your eye on? That person will be the next target. Who will it be?

(zine ed: I will choose Choi Young. Hahaha.. because out of these 3, he's the only one best able to defend himself. And according to history, he is not supposed to die yet. Meaning, he should be able to survive this.).

End of translation for this episode.  2.35 a.m. 13 Sept Thurs.
--------------

Update: 13 Thurs Sept 11.24 a.m.. As of now, Kimchidrama is still down. And googling shows they have not uploaded Ep 9 or 10.  Kimchidrama loads very fast and translation seems more accurate. Epdrama has summarized quite a lot.

Another thing is that Epdrama cleaned up (edited) their earlier version of this Ep10 that I watched this early morning. The subs were poor this early morning 2.35 a.m. and yellow font I think, but now, it's white font and better translated.

Where I am now, there are some people talking downstairs in the pavilion and looks official. Some workers are being reprimanded for something that I can't hear.  I wish I could hear what they were saying... If only I had Eum Ja's ability. Ah ha!  So that's why they made him that way, because they wished they had such ability too!  I never thought of having such an ability actually... even though I know of that sound Transformer.

Also, I have been noticing that the writing in the imperial edict/note and note stuffed into the dead man's mouth in this episode, are in Chinese. Not only that... the writing in Chinese... is modern simplified version, not the ancient Chinese.  I can read it easily. Mistake again by the Korean director? ^_^

Also, Eun Soo's watch that she keeps wearing on her right hand. That watch, any ancient person will be awed by it. This is a time piece that is worn on the wrist and so small. And her watch is so shiny and eye-catching, white with some gold. But so far, none of the people have commented on her watch, which is strange. 


No comments: