Wednesday 19 September 2012

Faith Ep 12 (Eng Sub/Translation from Chinese Subs) Min Ho Korean Drama


More accurate and detailed than the usual Eng subs.  Most of the time, Chinese subs contain information that is not translated in English subs. It's always interesting to compare the two.

Continuing from where Ep 11 left off...

http://www.mapleto.com/node/59410/%E4%BF%A1%E7%BE%A9%28%E7%A5%9E%E9%86%AB%29-%E7%AC%AC12%E9%9B%86-the-faith-ep-12/

Translating from Chinese subs. The Eng subbed version can be found on Epdrama, link given in the previous post.

Epdrama edits their translation 1 or 2 days after they have uploaded their initial version.  For this episode... their edited version still skipped translation for some parts. I think their initial subbed version was better than the edited one.

For both English subbed versions, a lot has been edited out and oddly, a lot of the meaning for some parts are very different from the Chinese subs that I think are more accurate based on the Korean pronunciation matching the Chinese words.

The below is the English translation for the Chinese subbed link above.

Ki Cheol: The fellow whom doc god and the king have put their hopes on...royal guard captain.
Eum Ja: Coming here?
Ki Cheol: Yes.
Eum Ja: Along with his men?
Ki Cheol: Hard to say. What is it? What can it be? At the risk of death, come to look for me.
Eum Ja:   Someone has trespassed. 

Soo In: Seems to be no other trespassers. 
Adviser: I have increased the number of guards.
Ki Cheol: It's not direct breakthrough. and not surprise or sneak attack. This fellow is thinking of stealing.
Adviser:  My lord!
Soo In: No more, right? Among those who trespassed, was that child there? A child with pretty eyes. Let's go. Brother disciple's eyes have lit up. We've to go admire the light.

Ki Cheol: Don't tell me it's to find these instruments? No. Right. Looks like urgently need this thing.
Soo In: What to do? Want to send people to search again?
Adviser: Or how about delaying our trip tonight?
Soo In: Every time, they always make their move at the same time every month. So, perhaps the other party already knows disciple brother is traveling tonight.
Ki Cheol: Should know.
Soo In: Then thinking of taking the chance to steal when disciple brother is not around?
Ki Cheol: Hang on. A person who is very intelligent. Just thinking of taking the chance to steal when I'm not around? That isn't too meaningful, right?
Arrow: Is this all?
Spear: Should be. Have us pretend to be trespassers, this extent is about it. Pretend to be trespassers.
Arrow: Then what's after?
Spear: I don't know. Didn't you hear it as well? Yet why is it I have to know more than you? Really frustrating.

Ki  Cheol: That kid wants me to bring along this notebook. Let me bring along the notebook, quietly meet.
Soo In: What do you mean? Then what about those thieves just now?
Ki Cheol:  Either I personally bring it or wait to be robbed. Of course I have to personally bring it.

Girly man: Here...
Choi Young: Mm, here.  Don't you move at all. Whatever happens, don't interfere.
Girly man: Only waiting...
Choi Young: Stick close to here, definitely you can do that well. Whatever happens to me, don't come out. Hide tightly.
Man: Why?
Choi Young:  You'll naturally know while hiding.
Man: Know what?
Choi Young: At the instant when everything has ended, you must find something. Then give that thing to a person. Do you understand?

(zine ed: The girly guy is taller and bigger-sized than Choi Young. ^_^ Choi Young's reaction is cute, turning smoothly aside from that guy's embrace. That girly guy is so tall as he stands by the tree, covers much of the length of the tree trunk. Wow.)

(zine ed: I've always thought Eun Soo has beautiful red hair).

Eun Soo: Where is he? Where is your captain now? Don't you follow him everyday? Why are you here by yourself? 
Dae Man: Didn't let me follow, that's why... I couldn't go. 
Eun Soo: Where? Where?! Ah, really!

Ki Cheol: Waited very long?
Choi Young: You came alone?
KC: If I didn't depend on my power to deal with you, even if you die, you'll also not admit defeat, right? I heard you risked death to find me.
Choi:  You still have the spies you planted?
KC:   Coming to find me, why sacrifice your life?
Choi: Need to sacrifice my life, then I can kill your lordship, right?
KC: Why do you want to kill me so much?
Choi: I heard the assassin group has entered Gaekyung.  I wonder if your lordship had summoned them.
KC: Correct, I summoned them.
Choi: You intend to kill all of those seeking refuge with his Majesty?
KC: Correct, that's my intention.
Choi: Even if it's dozens, several hundred persons?
KC: Looks to me you are still a sensitive man. So soft, these many years how did you be a warrior?

(zine ed: the Chinese subs for sensitive is "感性". However... if the words are switched to "性感"... then.. ehehehe... it means sexy ^_^ "Looks like you are still a sexy man". Hahahaha!) 

Choi: Seeing several hundred people as dirt, what exactly do you wish to gain?
KC: Take a guess.
Choi: Must use whatever means possible in order to make his Majesty obey you?
KC: If that's possible, would be even better. But not only that.
Choi: Indeed, what I thought is right.
KC: What was your thought?
Choi: As long as kill your lordship, it'll be a little easier to live in this troubled world.
KC: Where is the trap? Risking your life waiting for me along the road I'd be passing, at least should have prepared a trap.
Choi: I gave it up.
KC: Why?
Choi: Using trap, it means I still have longing feelings for this world. If I bring this longing sentimentality to deal with your lordship, your lordship is too strong.
KC: So in the end, you still have a death wish.
Choi: I'll ask you one last time.
KC: What?
Choi: Doc god's notebook, did you bring it?
KC: Brought it.
Choi: That's good.

Eun Soo: Stop it!
Choi: Doc god.
Eun Soo: You too! Stay back! You two just stop here. Please don't fight anymore.
KC: Knife is very dangerous. Give it to me.

(zine ed: Hahaha... everyone knows how clumsy she is... especially with blades. Ehh... yet she can do surgery? O.o Ahh..so scary.)

Eun Soo: I .. am heaven's doctor. I know very well where to cut.  Painless and quick death.
KC: So you want to die?
Eun Soo: Do you want to let me die?
KC: Then can you answer me? When will I die? At least, you must be able to answer my question! Then it will make me spare you, right?!
Eun Soo: Roughly 4 years.. no... 5 years later.
KC: Whose hand will I die by? After I'm dead, will the current king still be in that seat?
Eun Soo: Yes.
KC: Then it means, the person who kills me is his Majesty.  (to Choi Young) Just now, you were asking what I was doing, right?  I am ... trying whether it is possible to change the heaven world's history that this woman said. If I can change the history recorded by heaven, at that time what we say will probably be a little more. (to Eun Soo) So please take good care of yourself until then.

Choi: What are you doing?! How can you dare interfere in such a thing?! And even so bold as to put a knife to your own throat?! Do you wish to die?
Eun Soo: The one who wishes to die is you, isn't it? Didn't you say you can't beat him? Why are you like this? You alone fight and die to the finish will do. How can you only think of yourself? I was unable to escape from Lord Deok Song government House's clutches. Yet I was determined to leave by myself. And even told you I didn't need you, asked you to move aside. That's why you can only do this, is that it?  If you die like this, it would be the same as I killed you, isn't it? You clearly know the feelings of those you leave behind, yet you still do this. You're really rotten!

Eun Soo: Don't do that. It can't be touched. (takes his hand) It's possible it's frostbitten. Before the blood resumes circulation, don't move your fingers. The best would be to put it in warm water.
Choi: Understood. (puts her hair back) I thought what I could do was the simplest way.  Action first. If  it really didn't work, there's nothing I can do. All along, I'm used to thinking this way. In future, I won't so easily sacrifice my life. Won't ever. So, please don't cry. 

Adviser: Said so many times, cannot use inner power. Even if use,  use temporary for a short while. 
Ki Cheol's bro: Considering big brother's strength, even if don't use inner power, should also easily be able to defeat royal guard Choi Young. 
Adviser: Could it be...that fellow is somehow powerful?  That you had to use up all your power? 

(flashback)
Anyway, this Yuan dynasty will be destroyed shortly. 
After that, should be Ming dynasty. Yuan dynasty will very soon be destroyed and Ming dynasty will begin.
Ki Cheol, how you die, I remember. But. I won't tell you. Because. You are such a turnoff. 

Ki Cheol: She said it's 4 or 5 years later. Who exactly sets a human's life? Who? How is it set? If a life is already set, it cannot be changed? Why? Fate is that the current king kills me? If that's the case, then replace that king. If it's the current country that's going to kill me, then I'll replace the country.  If it's set by heaven, then that heaven I also want to replace.

Eun Soo: Fine then, I have decided. I won't run away again. 
Choi: That's good thinking.
ES: If I don't run away, what should I do? Isn't there another way? Only can fight head on, right? 
Choi: Whether it's running away or fighting, can't you not do these things and obediently stay put? 
ES: I can't do it. Can't just sit and watch. Ahh... I really can't do it. So Mr Choi Young...
Choi: Yes.
ES:  How about let's be partners? 
Choi: What?
ES: My target now is obtaining the notebook in Ki Cheol's hands. Mr Choi Young's target is to protect the king in Ki Cheol's hands. Right? 
Choi: That's correct.
ES: But that fellow won't easily hand over that diary. Then once that king becomes powerful, ask him to hand over that diary, wouldn't that do? So saying, our target is the same. No choice then, we can only be partners. Repeat after me. Partner. Really not learning even one heaven's word? Partner. The pronunciation is also not difficult. 
Choi: But what is it's meaning?

(zine ed: Ahh... ^__^ Choi Young is so smart. He doesn't get into something without knowing first what he's getting into. Including saying something that he doesn't know what it means. Choi Young is very cute. He avoids saying "no" by looking away with her and also with the king.).

ES: Having the same target, fight together as a gang. Roughly this meaning. Take a seat first and let's see. 
Choi: What?
ES: I saved your life, yet you can't even do this? If we're to be partners, there are a few things need to do. First, need to tell the other person everything. For example, if taking someone to some place now. Need to tell the other person where you're going and why. 
Choi: Want to go to Kangan hall. Go there to earnestly request the princess to protect you together.
ES: That's great. Well done. Then the 2nd point, partners need to protect each other.  
Choi: Need to "each other"? 
ES: Didn't I tell you? Need to fight together. Can't fight with someone alone without saying a word. 
Choi: That, I will do. But this point, you also need to observe. Can't move around without saying a word. 
ES: Ok. Come, shake hands. 
Choi: This handshake, isn't it used when meeting and parting? 
ES: Very good. Let's cooperate well. It's also used at this time. Come. Hold hands like this without using force will do. 
Choi: Didn't you say need to help each other?
ES: Yes, that's right. You protect me, I protect you. That's partners. 
Choi: Then can you leave me a little face? 

King: I heard you left on your own. 
ES:  I actually wanted to leave. But along the way, I heard news that he was in danger, so I returned. Ohhh...a whole night, really tired me out! 
King: What happened? Anything the matter? 
Choi: It was nothing. 
ES: What nothing. He this person... 
Choi: Really, nothing's the matter. 
ES: Ow... I know already... 
Choi: There's news that the 7 Evils assassin group has come to Gaekyung. Before eliminating them, I would like your Majesty to allow doc god to be together with the princess, and be protected together. 
King: What do you think?
Empress: I allow. Court Lady Choi and the lady guards with me, doc god will also receive protection with me. 
King: But doc god...
ES: Yes?
King: Previously you spoke of matters regarding the future, can I continue asking? That time you were talking about Joseon? What does it mean?  
ES: There's a country that was called that name. Called Joseon. Seems to be some place over in the southern part of Southeast Asia. Over there, many people live there. Your Majesty.
King: Yes, doc god?
ES: Actually, I very clearly know the things I say about the future.
Choi:  Those not very clear, then don't say.
ES: I mean, I don't know whether it's after I came here then there's that future. Or I already knew the future before I got here.
Choi: Didn't you hear what I said?
ES: I didn't say I knew anything.
Choi: Still...
ES: Don't tell me I can't even say I don't know?!
Choi:  The things that you don't know, why say in front of the king?
ES: You this person... As a partner, you can't say that. You are ordering me!
Choi: Say no more!
ES: What say no more?

ES: So, what should I do? Do I hide in a vat, and drag out a humble existence? Not see anyone or say anything? See a patient and feel nothing. Might as well don't breathe. What history, what future, ask a dog to eat them. I don't know anything. I just want to live like this, I want to live on. What? Are you dissatisfied with my decision?

Deok Man: Doc god was clearly the first who extended her hand, come, like this. After our captain grabbed her like this, then like this... 
Royal guard:  Our captain was like this?
Deok Man: That's right.
Royal guard: After grabbing doc god's hand then dragged her? 
Chusong: You rascal, don't think that just because you were the only one who saw, then can anyhow fabricate. 
Deok Man: It's true! 
Royal guard: The captain grabbed a woman's hand, moreover it was doc god's hand... Ahh, that's impossible! 
Deok Man:  It's what I saw with my own eyes! (grabs Dae Man) You saw it too, right? After captain grabbed doc god's hand, he dragged her. 
Dae Man: I didn't see it.
Royal guard: You little rascal! 
Dae Man: But that, I definitely saw it!
Chusong: And what did you see? 
Dae Man: When doc god was saving the captain...
Royal guard: What happened when saving the captain? You rascal, why you only say half?
Dae Man: Doc god used her mouth and blew air into the captain's mouth. Moreover, it wasn't once or twice but many times. That's why the captain then gradually came to. This, I definitely saw. 

(zine ed: If you listen, at the part where Deok Man grabs and drags the royal guard, there are people laughing in the background. Of course, we can assume it's other royal guards in the barracks, but... ^_^ It's the film crew, no doubt.  Interesting that the royal guards didn't laugh one bit while doing it.)

(zine ed: Choi Young takes off the strip of cloth again... He thinks really long about it, just like the previous time he took it off. It's really something that binds his heart, not just the sword hilt.)
 
Lady Choi: Looks like doc god went right on time. Before you did something rash. This is also rather unusual. There is still someone in this world who can stop you. Oh, not only of this world.
Choi: That's why it's so troubling. Originally only need to solve Ki Cheol one person, will do. But now, I have to solve them one by one. 
Lady Choi: A fellow who only thinks of finishing himself off together with the enemy. You even show it off! 
Choi: Ah, stop hitting me. I'm now so busy. First need to move those book banquet participants. 
Lady Choi: If necessary, I can deploy the lady guards to you. 
Choi: The opponent is the 7 Evils. 
Lady Choi: Problem is, can't find those assassins' hideout. 
Choi: This point is their strongest weapon. Can't see, can't find. They appear only when needed.
Lady Choi: Hang on.  We have spies among us, right? 
Choi: I know it well and clear.  This matter that I will sacrifice my life in going to Lord Deok Song government House, this matter, from where did it leak out? 
Lady Choi:  I said that. In front of the princess. 
Choi: Who else was there? 
Lady Choi: I will take care of it myself.
Choi:  Don't take care of it. 
Lady Choi: Why?
ChoiMake opposite use of.
Lady Choi: You want to make use of the spies? I'll solve that. 
Choi: Can you do it?
Lady Choi:  The urgent priority is to lure out the assassins for you, right?
Choi: If can one by one lure out, the place I have in mind will be perfect.  If handle them at the same time, I'm also not confident. 
Lady Choi: Then let's try it. But, what happened after that? 
Choi: What?
Lady Choi: How did that person stop you? That insane move of yours? Don't tell me she recited heaven's rules? 
Choi: Life. 
Lady Choi: What?
Choi:  Sacrificed her own life.  Don't know the immensity of heaven and earth, extremely reckless. Earlier still said that she hated the smell of blood. And still put the knife against her throat. *sighs* Really...

(zine ed: ^_^ He gets very upset when he talks about her. Once more, Lady Choi is speechless.).

(zine ed: "Don't know the immensity of heaven and earth" is a Chinese proverb that means a person is bold because he/she is innocent about how much more powerful others are, or how much danger is around.)

Eun Soo: What are these clothes... one two... So many, so complicated, all must wear?  Good heavens. 
Lady Choi: I'll do it, you go out first.  (to ES) I'll attend to you. Actually,  there's something I would like a favor of from doc god. 
ES: Yes, please say it.
Lady Choi:  But Young-yi is very worried. He said you are a person from heaven, might not like lying.


(zine ed: "Young-yi" is "Young-er" in Chinese, meaning young Choi Young whom she regards as her child/someone young who is close to her. Affectionate term. English equivalent = young Young).


ES: Meaning what you want me to help, is lying?
Lady Choi: If you feel it's difficult on you, can find other solutions.
ES: Oh no. 
Lady Choi: What?
ES: Let me see first.
Lady Choi: Any problem?
ES: Still remember what you looked like when you were 20 years old?
Lady: My 20 years old?
ES: Change a little, will be able to return you your 20-yr-old face. Pull up here a little, remove a few wrinkles. Here the forehead fix a little, perk a little up under the eyes... 
Lady Choi:  You are...
ES: Don't you wish it? 
Lady Choi: Doing a 20-yr-old face? Me?
ES: Yes, don't you want it? 
Lady Choi: Is this possible?
ES: Hooked, right? I am very good at lying.

(zine ed: Poor Lady Choi....)


King: 3 days left to the book banquet that I had decided to open. So today and tomorrow are crucial. 
Empress: Everyone is busy, so should be Ok, right? 
King: He wants to kill all those wanting to come to my side.
Empress: I will stop it.
King: Kill all his enemies.  How can he so easily kill people  like that? How important am I? Because of me, he can kill so many people. 
Empress: It's different. That sort of person is different from you. 
King: The person who decided to open the book banquet is me. In order to prove myself, I gambled the lives of so many people in saying those words. 
Empress: Even so, it is different.
King: How can it be different?
Empress: You can show them a different side, will do. If your Majesty does not believe in yourself, those who sacrifice their lives for you will be very pitiful. 

(zine ed: Oooh... somebody has nice 6 packs ^_^)
Choi Young: Definitely mustn't be discovered, need to do it secretly. 
Lady Choi: They will likely resist. 
Choi: No time to convince them of it.  You guys do as you see fit. 

ES:  Yi Che and Yi Cheheon Misters, right?
Lady Choi: Yes.
King: Why? Wrong choice?
ES: If it's him, you can save the effort.  He is not on the same side as your Majesty. His disciple is the same. When he is old, will go to Yuan dynasty to live a carefree life. 

(zine ed: The writing of the names on the scroll is a combination of traditional Chinese and modern Chinese words, which is strange since it should all be traditional Chinese and I think should be even more complicated writing than modern-day traditional).

Ki Cheol: Doc god has started to speak. 
Ki Cheol's bro: In future, the left and right hand of the king, the people who help him, the people who betray him, all telling him. 
Adviser: And not telling him a little at a time. When the time happens to be right, will then say the names.

Adviser: Then the next name is...
ES: Kon... Konheok.
Adviser: Who is he?
ES: Record it well. A person who will help his Majesty.  And... Bogun... 
Adviser: Yisek.

(zine ed: Hahaha... ahh.. if I were her, I would find it Very difficult to lie like this. It's not just a lie. It's lying about what I know, against what I know... which is hard. Like saying that the Earth is a square when you know very well it's not. Since Lady Choi had said they will think of other solution if she won't lie... then I would like to hear what other solution they have before doing this.).

Ki Cheol's bro: Different! Different from the names of the people we want to kill! This... This person is the one we had instructed to kill. It's said he will become famous for becoming the opposing faction against the king. If it's the opposing faction, then he's on the same side as us.
Adviser: What shall we do?

Yi Cheheon: Hi, how's business?

ES: Ah. I remember now.
Adviser: What is it?
ES: That year, when the king was recruiting people, this was done... Those people he needed to specially keep, hid them in a place under a witness protection procedure.
Adviser: Protection procedure?
ES: Aesthetic witness protection programme. Similar to what the FBI says. Not necessary to record it. Because this is language of heaven's country. 

(Aesthetic? O.o The Chinese subs. Epdrama translates as "STT".)

Adviser: Yes, doc god.
ES: Must bear this in mind. The king will gather all the important people, begin to secretly protect them. The place where they are hidden, only 1 person ... Only 1 person knows and he is the king's bodyguard.
Adviser: Oh, I know. I will tell his Majesty so he will do so.

(zine ed: The spy is so obvious.... moving around away from her station like this.)

(zine ed: Ehh... how come assassin's footsteps so noisy?)
Man's voice: Who are you? Why are you behaving suspiciously at people's house? Hey, hey!

Ki Cheol: While we were grumbling, everyone all disappeared.
Adviser: Yes.
KC: The name list that we know, the new name list that we know... among these people, it's now hard to differentiate friend or foe.
Adviser: At the moment, that is so.
KC:  Perhaps, the people I want to kill, will become our ally in future.
Adviser: If what that woman who is called doc god says is the truth, it can be explained in that way.
KC:  Really cute.
KC bro:  Only 1 person knows the people we are going to kill.
KC:  Should be Choi Young. Don't observe other people, come to me. I will deal with everyone. 7 Evils, let them come.
Eum Ja: I'll go. I'll deal with him.
KC: No, you have to do other things. You have to go with disciple sister to receive a person.
Soo In: Yes, let's go. This game of politics, is really a headache. Where should we go? I want to go to a place far away from the palace.

Choi Young: I came over to fetch you.
Yi Che: Any danger to the situation?
Choi:  Seems like it.
Yi Che: Where are the others?
Choi: Those people you're referring to, have already been introduced to his Majesty.
Yi Che: I heard the new king is coming, so I have thought it over. If nothing happens, it means there isn't any hope. If there is change, then a lot of people will die.
Choi: The place that I am escorting you to, I had urgently found it. So it will not be too spacious.
Yi Che: At such a time, a warrior like you is really pitiful. Before being killed, need to keep killing.

(zine ed: Arghh.. what the heck is he saying such pessimistic words? So demoralizing when Choi Young is doing his best to protect them. Can such a ego man really help the king?)

ES:  The air here is really not bad. Really natural scenery.
Choi: What are you doing here?  (zine ed: >.< he always appears suddenly when least expected. Nowhere is safe from him ^_^ as the king said).

ES: Ahh.. you this person, how come not even a little movement?
Choi: Where are the lady guards protecting you?
ES: Around. There. Doing what? And there. I told them I want to walk alone. Walked from there to here. Only just a little.
Choi: I heard you still participated.
ES: Participated... Ahh... I told him about heaven's instruction. How is it? Was it of help?
Choi: Even if I stop you... what you want to do, will still do, right?
ES: Why are you so serious and deep everytime?  Day and night worrying, you should be getting sick. Don't be like that. Ah, look at these clothes. The princess gifted them to me. How is it? Do I look like a Goryeo person?
Choi: Go back.
ES: How about here?
Choi: What?
ES: The partners in our world, after finishing a day's work, go for drinks together. But there aren't pubs in the palace, then this place will do. Everyday at this time, everyday at this time meet here.
Choi: Do what after meeting?
ES: Confirm the people we are afraid of, talk about things we want to do for tomorrow, cheer on each other's work.
Choi: Temporarily, I'm afraid I'll be very busy.
ES: I know. I said before, only 1 person knows everything. And that's his Majesty's bodyguard.
Choi: I heard you did very well. Lying skills, very good.
ES:  Don't tell me, you're again thinking of facing them alone?
Choi: Compared to searching, waiting has slightly greater chance of winning.
ES: If fight, can you win?
Choi: If seriously fight, I think I won't lose. Please raise your skirt a little.
ES: What are you doing?!
Choi: Be good, don't move.
ES: Isn't that a knife?
Choi: Try pulling it out.
ES: How do you expect me to use this?
Choi: Use when in danger.
ES: I say, I am a doctor, you're asking me to stab people??
Choi: In an emergency, stab first then talk. After that, whether you want to cure or not, up to you. Weren't you that way with me?
ES: Didn't you say I don't know how to use, don't ask me to stab?
Choi: I will teach you. I don't know if I can come everyday, but if I can, it'll be here. Don't stay too far from them. If leave more than 3 steps, it will be difficult for them to protect you.
ES: Hey. Take care much.

Woman: Ahh, stop drinking! Only know how to drink, look at your red nose!
Man: Ah, really... (sees Choi Young) Are you sure they got their eyes on you?
Choi: Afraid so.
Woman: A total of 7, right? Too many.
Man: Although they specialize in surprise attack, one to one is to your advantage.
Woman: Problem is, during one to one, the fellows beside will sneak attack...
Man: That's why we have to help a little. Kid, each time only let 1 of them pursue you will do.
Woman: Then we'll help you a little ...Understand?  We certainly don't want to be implicated by such disgusting fellows as assassins.
Man: Kid, what's gotten you so happy that you can't close your mouth?
Choi:  With two persons such as yourselves helping, of course I am happy.
Woman: What the heck you rascal talking about?
Choi: Ah, truth be told. Have you been very bored? Earn money for what? No place to spend it on.
Man: They are assassins. You who say want to fight with assassins, can even make sarcastic comments? 
Choi: Ehh... one look can see you are in the midst of happiness. 
Man: You rascal, want... want to die is it?! Let's go. 
Woman: Prepared a bowl of rice for you, hurry off after eating.  Need to fight the whole night, after eating rice, then will have strength to win. 
Man: What are you doing? Hurry let's go!
Woman: Really. This rotten temper. 

(zine ed: So rare to see him laugh with his deep voice. ^_^ Hmm.. I think he's smiling because... of his earlier meeting with Eun Soo. A man in love.)

Doc Jang: There are 24 types of pulse. You should know about speed, right? 
ES: That's what we measure. Speed and strength.  
Doc Jang: Deep pulse or floating pulse. Does it feel like the movement of pearls, or the feeling of pricking bamboo, there is pulse that's suddenly strong and suddenly heavy, and pulse that starts weak but gradually becomes strong. Do you feel it?
Ki Cheol:  How are you? How's your body (health)?
Doc Jang: This is the princess's Gunsong hall. Why have you trespassed?
KC: Of course came to see doc god. I heard doc god often speaks of heaven's knowledge and information. I work so hard... yet hard for me to even hear a sentence. Treat you grandly don't work, threats also don't work, then what exactly should I do?
ES: I said already, give me back my notebook. Then we can talk properly.
KC: Is this really the only way?
Empress:  What is this?
KC:  Greetings to you, princess. Your subject, Ki Cheol.
Empress: What are Gunsong hall's people doing? How come people can so easily be allowed to enter?
Royal guard: Lord Deok Seong government House. The king summons you. Please move to Kangan hall.
KC:  Seems like from the start, myself and doc god were at odds.  We'll talk properly in future then. Goodbye.
ES: Why did that person come here?
Empress: No idea. Actually a person like a snake.
ES:   That person couldn't have gotten into trouble, right? That's why he smiles so unluckily?

King: My palace has literally become your back garden.
KC: Please don't be angry, your Majesty.
King: Why? Came to inquire whether there are anymore people to kill? 
KC: Only came over to have a look if doc god is living well.
King: When will you accept it? Because of people who were swayed by your threats, my surroundings don't exist.
KC: Do you have confidence? At the moment, royal guard Choi Young who is not at your side, I'm afraid he is running everywhere, busy cleaning up the matter that you boasted about. Even if so loyal, if experience such matters repeatedly a few times, I'm afraid he will also be tired. Doc god is pretty smart though. I'm afraid you'll quickly become aware, right?  The strength that protects you, lies on whom exactly?
King: I finally understand. You came today to cause trouble for me, right?
KC: That elder sister of mine, as the empress of Yuan dynasty, passed information. Asked me whether the new king is easy to wait upon, whether Goryeo needs an even better king and such.

Empress: Let me do it. Court Lady Choi.
Lady Choi: Yes, princess.
Empress: What would an ordinary woman do?
Lady Choi: You are referring to....
Empress: When her husband is tired or when he's feeling down, what should she do?
Lady Choi: That... regarding that aspect, I am not too... You're married, right?
Male servant: Ah, yes, married.
Lady Choi: When you are tired or down, what would your wife do for you?

(zine ed:  Have sex? ^_^)

Servant: Well... My wife.. will make a wine feast.
Lady Choi: He said a wine feast.
Empress: Wine...what wine?
Lady Choi: There's a wine called Yihua, made with fermented rice. Brought from afar. A wine called Soju is also not bad.
Empress: After a table of wine, his mood will be better?
Lady Choi: The empress is asking.
Servant: Er... It's not just because of the wine feast. It's like this. After we have finished drinking...after getting a little drunk... Ah. Please forgive that I cannot carry on answering your question. Please retract your order.
Empress: I asked what I shouldn't?
Lady Choi: Is it that great... Can't carry on answering? Made the princess unhappy. What happens after getting a little drunk?

(zine ed: Ahh... I think they should ask Choi Young or Eun Soo... ^_^)

Servant: Your Majesty...
Empress: Speak.

(zine ed: Lemme help. After getting a little drunk.... we... Gee... has she even seen animals having sex in nature? O.o I can't even use the birds and the bees to stand in?) 

Servant: The wife and me sleep in the same bed.

(zine ed: Ah,  perfect answer. Do they get it now? Or...?)

Arrival of the king.

King:  Anything happened? Court Lady Choi.
Lady Choi: Princess!
King: Dou Chi, I am asking you what happened. Speak quickly.
Dou Chi: Your Majesty.... please bestow death upon me.

(AHahaha! The poor man)

Soo Inn: You are Lord Deok Kun? We're Lord Deok Song government House's people. Previously sent you a letter. You received, right?
Eum Ja: We are under orders to invite your lordship to his residence.
Soo Inn: Can you ride? Or we prepare a carriage for you?
Deok Kun: (recites Chinese diom). Mountains and twisting water, suspect no road, dense willow trees and bright flowers, another village.  Mountainous, folds and folds of water, suspect no road. Willow color deep green, brilliant red flowers, again see a village.

(zine ed: It means, just when you thought there is no solution to a problem, suddenly you see a light ahead, and unexpectedly you think of a solution to a problem or difficulty).

Eum Ja: What was he saying?

ES: Ahh... the air is really fresh.

(zine ed: Hmm... that guy being followed and looking back... is not Choi Young/Min ho. A decoy). 

Choi: Three. (at new place) Here then. How about giving up? You guys are doing it also because of money. If you are dead, then won't be able to gain anything. (sits down) I know of a person. She said the most valuable thing in this world, is to live on.  Yet, you guys and myself don't know this logic. To us, to live on, that is not dying, but she,  is different. Her way of living is the real living on. And living very colorfully. That's why when I see her, I'll always think, "Wait, what the heck am I doing?". Four.

ES: The feeling of rolling pearls... the feeling of piercing bamboo... pulse that when pressed immediately sinks... pulse that becomes stronger the more it's pressed...


(zine ed: Hmm... Choi Young can use his left hand to wield his sword too. He is right-handed. )

Choi Young: Five.

Deok Kun: Are you doc god?
ES: Who are you?
DK: People call me Deok Kun.  The current king's uncle (the king's father's younger brother).
ES:  "Su pu"... meaning uncle, right?

(zine ed: The Chinese word for "supu" is "叔父" which means uncle)

DK: I heard you came from heaven. Is that true? They said use this as a present, you'll be very happy. Is that so?

end of translation. No preview of next episode?? :(  Still 1 assassin left, right?


Update: I just learnt that Min Ho is ambidextrous. And... also a smoker. :(  Is it true he's a smoker? Going by his slightly raspy voice in his song "You're My Everything" in a blog...  I think it's true he smokes. But why are his teeth so white?  I'm really disappointed to learn that he smokes. Maybe there's a mistake in that information? Point #19 + #4 under General Life. 

Under Personal Taste #25=  60 million won, is actually only 66,666 SGD at current money changer rates @ 1SGD = 900 won. For just acting in 16 episodes of Personal Taste. Pretty good money, but compared to western stars, I think it's quite little, although of course what does 1 person do with S$66, 666?! And that's just for 1 drama series. If do a few more... what to do with so much money??? O.O



No comments: