Friday 28 September 2012

Faith Ep 14 Eng Subs/Translation Korean Drama Lee Min Ho


More accurate, more information than English subs. And click on this sentence to know what "Im Ja" really means.

Where Ep 13 left off...

Translating from Chinese subs: http://www.mapleto.com/node/59758/%E4%BF%A1%E7%BE%A9%28%E7%A5%9E%E9%86%AB%29-%E7%AC%AC14%E9%9B%86-the-faith-ep-14/

Choi: Since you want to frame me, might as well pin the crime of high treason on me...

Choi: (turns to his men, holding out the box) Did you guys receive this box?
Royal guard: Yes.
Choi:  Did you guys open it?
Royal guards: No.
Choi: You guys don't know what's inside and just put it in my room?
Royal guards: Yes.
Royal guard: But that...
Choi: As you all heard. They didn't know what this was. Hence, I return it. Go out. Go Out! Please continue.
King: You guys said you received a report.
Yik Che: If he has been wronged, can give him a chance to be acquitted. You explain it.
Choi: So now, you are asking me to explain whether I took the bribe of 500 silver taels.
Yik Che:  You require time?
Choi: I did not accept the bribe. 
King: Captain.
Choi:  And I have nothing more to say. If don't believe, then lock me up in prison, or dismiss me. As you wish. I await your punishment.

King: (addressing Ki Cheol) Did you have to do this?
KC: You misunderstand. I wouldn't make things difficult for you by using the matter of 500 silver taels. Except that, I'm very glad to have come here. The kid who couldn't be defeated even by 7 assassins, I accidentally discovered his 1 weak point. 

Royal guard: Captain...
Choi: Don't come near me.
Deok Man: Captain, Chang Song Sha has come.
Adviser: Royal guard Choi Young, in passing on the enforcement of the Censorate executions, I, Chang Song Sha Jo Il Shin, hereby pass on the execution order...
Choi: Please get to the point.
Adviser: Royal guard Choi Young committed the crime of accepting bribe and abusing his position. Before investigating the inside story and the whole story of the matter, royal guard captain will be stripped of his post.
Chusong: What?
Deok Man: What? 
Adviser: Henceforth, pending punishment, you will take office as an ordinary warrior. Without permission, not allowed to leave the palace. 
Chusong: How can that be? We royal guards enjoy the special privileges bestowed upon us by his Majesty. Except for his Majesty, no one has the right to lay such an order on us! I will go report to his Majesty. 
Adviser: Your special rights and special privileges, have already been cancelled! If don't believe, you can go ask. 
Choi: It's your lordship, right? 
Adviser: What?
Choi: The matter of the 500 silver taels. Was done by you. 
Adviser: Whatever I do, is also for the sake of Goryeo and his Majesty.
Choi: Where is the connection between my accepting bribes and Goryeo and his Majesty? 
Adviser: Royal guard...
Choi: You tell me. 

(zine ed: Ohh.. I see. For once Ki Cheol is really telling the truth that it wasn't him. Come to think, it's an odd little crime to pin on Choi Young. Ki Cheol would do something bigger than just this because Ki Cheol will aim to kill.).

King's voice: Don't tell me you guys have forgotten? Including the two scholars seated here. The reason you guys can still be alive today, don't tell me you don't know? It was Choi Young and guys, who risked their lives fighting dangerously in exchange for this result.
Yik Che: I know.
King: You know and still do this. A mere 500 silver taels.
Yik Che: Your Majesty.
King: Why? You still wish to say how clean and straight you are?  The Lord Deok Song government House Ki Cheol who previously wanted to kill you all, his gold bribes that are higher than Mount Tai, you guys turn a blind eye to. Yet the 500 taels of Choi Young who dripped sweat, dripped blood for you guys, you guys see so clearly.
Yik Che: As a subject who has started afresh to wait upon your Majesty, I feel the most important task now is to consolidate the royal power.
King: So?
Yik Che: The urgent matter now is to quell the rumors.
King: Rumors?
Yik Che: That because your Majesty is still young, Choi Young is controlling everything behind. There is a rumor that says he is practically the regent.
Yi Cheheon:  Moreover, it is well-known, Choi Young is a killer who has killed countless of people. Such a bloody person by your Majesty's side, it is not a good thing.
Yik Che: Now is the period of seeking applicants, unless it's the monarch, nobody will be willing to have villains as bedfellows.
King: So you mean you are thinking of me, that's why you frame the royal guard captain? And even use that sort of shameful method.
Yi Cheheon: I am only following the report, and carry out the proper investigation only. All the more because it has to do with your Majesty's trusted aide, so handle even more urgently.

Yik Che: What does your Majesty wish to do? Will you use your authority to solve this matter? If so, your subjects can also only obey.

(zine ed: Actually, as a king, whatever he says goes. So, he doesn't even need to consult anyone. But he's just being too nice and good.)

(zine ed: It's actually obvious that Eun Soo is not really wetting her fingertip with her tongue, but just touching her lips. Although it's more polite than sticking out her tongue, it's still strange for this story. Doesn't seem possible that as a doctor, she would do this old and unhygienic practice of wetting her fingertip to page through. Also, in reality, I think she doesn't want to touch her tongue anyway.)

Deok Kun: Have you understood anything? (ES tries to hide the papers) Indeed you've something?
ES: Not too sure. This is Einstein's principle of relativity formula. This is Feynman's law. And this is... 
Deok: Does this line read as such?
ES: Y...Yes.  Should require some dedicated research, and seems will need a long time. (he takes it up) Why? I haven't finished copying yet. 
Deok: I've spent a lot of my life wandering and seen a lot of westerners, and learned a little of the writing there.  So at least, I know those are numbers. 
ES: I'm sorry I lied to you. But I still don't know if you're friend or foe. And don't know what I should tell you. 
Deok: Lord Government House was right.  Asked me to first nurture the heart in obtaining doc god's knowledge. I will come again. 
ES: Wait! Let me see the notebook again. The last page.  (traces it) "Eun Soo". (returns it) Ok, go. 
Deok:  Looks like not simple. 

KC: Rabbit dies dog cook. It seems the court officials want to exterminate Choi Young. Of course, it's time to exterminate. Has doc god understood the contents? 
Deok: Difficult to say. 
KC: To obtain doc god's heart, need how long?
Deok: Heart...
KC:   The things needed to bring doc god here, just say so. No matter if it's money or military power.
Deok:  Everything that I need, all that I want, also give? 
KC: Yes.
Deok: How about the princess's seat? Following the throne, if it's the princess's seat, can consider a little. Although... because don't know what's the world of heaven like, so no power to fight with the princess.  

(zine ed: I guess he's being sarcastic that after he's king, he'll want the princess's seat or the princess herself and it'll be a tough fight with her because he doesn't have the upper-hand of knowing what heaven's world is like.)

KC:  Do you have to first sit in the King's seat?
Deok: If don't want to die, then must be this way.
KC: Ohh.. how can you say such a thing. 
Deok: All along living a very secluded life, I have now been called here. And even provoked the king. If I don't become king now, I will be killed. Although I am a person who doesn't think, I know this at least.
KC:  Understood. Then need to to think of a way to obtain the King's seat. Isn't there a simple way?

King: Has that spy spoken? 
Lady Choi: Captured her before she killed herself, and used punishment. She has revealed.

(zine ed: Lady Choi says punishment, which could also mean "torture" although I don't wanna think that the king approves of torture.) 



King: What did she say?
Lady Choi: The King's seal.
King: My imperial jade seal?
Lady Choi: I'm afraid they were thinking of stealing the jade seal to establish their birthright to Yuan. Losing the jade seal that was bestowed upon you by the Yuan King, this matter, can become the reason for questioning your Majesty.
Vice-captain: Since the jade seal is the target, they will continue to steal it, right? Want to tell this to the captain and think of a plan?
Lady Choi: He is now no longer captain, is a warrior only.
King: The captain. What is the captain doing now?

ES: I've been looking for you for quite a while.
Choi: For what reason exactly?
ES:  To remove the stitches. Undo the wrist. Wrist. A doctor who will automatically come find the patient, but this patient's treatment fee, when will he pay up?

(zine ed: How about pay in kisses? ^__^)
  
ES: Let's have a look...  It's healed very well. My skill is really excellent. If just want me to treat such sword wounds, it's really unworthy of my talent. Just now, the person named Lord Deok Kun came with my notebook. Although I don't know why he would do that, I understood the numbers recorded in the notebook.
Choi: You know?
ES: Those are dates. What year, what month, what day. Following the way of my world, were recorded accurate times.
Choi: Dates and time.
ES: I think it's possible it's the timings that open heaven's door. It's like that, right?
Choi:  Opening of heaven's door, when is it? 

ES: Need to calculate. The Gregorian calendar that's recorded there. Need to use the calendar that's used here to calculate. That will be very difficult. I'm really troubled. (takes out the last stitch) Ok. Your ability to heal is really great. Looks like no need plaster is also Ok. 

(zine ed: ^__^ He's always secretly watching her, mesmerized and doesn't blink).

Choi: When you're done calculating the time, tell me. Need to prepare first.

(zine ed: Choi Young uses the term "my humble self" again, instead of "me").

ES: There's a possibility it's not. After 1100 AD, began recording the dates. I don't know the specifics of what it says. I first went to your living quarters. I thought you were there.
Choi: That isn't my living quarters anymore.
ES: But I discovered this there. Putting the withered flower and medicine together, it's Ok? (zine ed: is that Choi Young's pout? ^_^) In heaven, there's a song with you in it.
Choi: Song?
ES: See gold as rocks, keep in his heart his father's dying wish.
Choi: That sentence...
ES: His whole life give to the country. Is an incorruptible master. General Choi Young.
Choi: That sentence, where did you hear it from? Gold. Rocks.
ES: I said before. In heaven world, you're very famous. Even your father's dying wish is in the lyrics that's sung. Because you are a person who's especially incorruptible. Say you accepted bribes, heaven's people will laugh. Why are you so surprised? Only you don't believe, I am heaven's person, when you're the one who brought me here. I'm going.


KC: Mister Yik Che. You were close friends with King Chungsun. 
Yik Che: Indeed, it was the graciousness of the king.
KC: His son Lord Deok Kun, you've met him earlier? What do you think of him?
Yik Che: What do you wish to know?
KC: Don't you want to choose one?
YC: Choose what?
KC: A king. Don't just be loyal to the present king. You can have other choice.  After looking clearly, choose the figure you like. (walking away) If necessary, will change the king, change the country, and change fate.
 

Vice-captain: "Did you learn it from the one who uses the sword? Was it he who had you do that?". As though it was all already calculated. This matter, no matter who looks at it, is also a plot to drive a wedge between his Majesty and the captain. Not only that...

(zine ed: I like the vice-captain's voice. Very soothing and sexy. Choi Young... the way he lifts his hand looks a little feminine. ^__^)
 

ES: This one, only need to to change to Danjun calender will do. Danji year 2333 minus, add...and what is this? Had I known earlier, I would have learned some Chinese writing! Master Jang! Teach me to read these...

(zine ed: I know she said "Kan tan" meaning "simple". But the Chinese subs did not translate this word as such. Click here: Until 1961, the South Korean government calculated years from the legendary birth of Dangun, called the Dangun era or Danji (단기; 檀紀), beginning in 2333 B.C.E.. October 3 in the Korean calendar is known as Gaecheonjeol (개천절; 開天節, or the "Festival of the Opening of Heaven." That day is a national holiday in the Gregorian calendar, called National Foundation Day, or Dangun day. )



Doc Jang: Why have you come here?
Adviser: To see doc god.  How's doc god's-sama health? (turns to the others) Here stays doc god. When came through heaven's door, I saw it personally.

(zine ed: Again, I'm using the Japanese equivalent of the word "sama" to refer to someone of higher rank/station).

Yik Che: I heard you can predict the future. 
ES: That...
Adviser: Not just that, she is Hwa Ta's disciple. Medical skill is also superb. 
YC: How will the future be? 
Doc Jang: His Majesty has let me protect doc god. So, I have to ask you. Why must doc god answer your question? 
YC: It's for this country.
Doc Jang: For this country?
YC: If the rumors about doc god are true, that knowledge and divine power must be used for this country. If not true, we can't allow his Majesty to continue to be confused by her. 
Adviser: You don't need to worry. Concerning your authenticity, I am very clear. 
Cheheon: Master, then let's begin asking.  In the presence of court officials, you said before Yuan dynasty will be destroyed and a new empire will be established, right?
ES: That time was because...I didn't think I would be staying so long here. I said it out of anger.
Cheheon: Did you really say that?
ES: Yes. I said that.
Cheheon: When will Yuan dynasty be destroyed?
ES: I don't know the exact time. Oh yes! I am learning the calendar.
YC: Which king will be more useful to this country?
ES: What?
YC: Even if you don't know the year, you should still be very clear about the king, right? Is the current king useful to this country?
ES: Really.
YC: How will the king's end be?
ES: Heaven's secrets cannot be revealed.
YC: Cannot be revealed. You don't know, right?
ES: If you want to know anything from me, have the king personally ask me! If so, heaven's secrets can also be revealed a little. Do you understand?
Adviser: Yes.

(zine ed: Those guys are not smart considering they are scholars. Then again, scholars aren't considered smart since they are bookish without real knowledge. So rude to someone from whom they are asking for information.)



ES: If want to ask something, should bring something to give me. I am also not some search engine website. Oh, when did you come? You heard everything?
Choi: If the king asks, heaven's secrets also can reveal a little. Only heard till there. 

ES: No matter what, you're really capable to actually come over here. Come in, I will get you a cup of tea.
Choi: Tomorrow, before dawn, prepare to leave. We'll meet  at the usual place. 

ES: Are we leaving here?
Choi: Don't pack too heavily, must pack a little light.
ES: You want me to leave here?
Choi: Those gentlemen, if they feel they need the lady's help, are also capable of putting you in jail to ask.


(zine ed: Choi Young uses the word "Im Ja" again to mean "Lady/Miss")

ES: You lie.  Really? 
Choi: If sleeping in the open, it'll be very cold. Need to wear more clothes. 
ES: Will you be coming with me? Can you do it? Can't, right? Your relationship with the king...
Choi: I will go with you.

(zine ed: Why was he hesitating? Did he intend for her to escape alone? Or was he thinking how to bring her with him? Didn't he think of it in advance like he usually does?)

Empress: Why are you looking at me like that?
ES: Because you are pretty. I've told Master Jang Bin, to make more medicine that's beneficial to the uterus for you. Although that is not my specialty, I want to do gynecological data for you. There are no tools here.
Empress: Is there anything wrong with any part of me?
ES: I will tell you some heaven's information. Remember well. This country has many kings and empresses before. In future, there will also be many. But none who respect each other like this as you two.
Empress: Me and his Majesty?
ES: Yes, you two. You matter much to his Majesty. If you're unwell or something, if you go to a place first, he'll not eat, not care about governance and only think of you. That's how much he loves you.
Empress: I will not leave. Will not abandon his Majesty.
ES: That's so. Can I hug you? Although I know this is presumptuous. But I am elder sister from heaven.
Lady Choi: Said it's started.
Empress: Captain Choi Young's Chingu.



Choi:  Those fellows who left their own posts, don't qualify.

(zine ed: I guess he means they don't qualify to enter in there with him. Meaning, get them outta here.).

Royal guard: We'll carry it out. 


Adviser: Including the Gaekyung's scholars of Mr Yik Che, everyone in the whole country is watching his Majesty. They will attach great importance to today's Chingu's result. Can his Majesty be impartial to his corrupted trusted aide? Labeled on Choi Young's sleeve.. oh, this are not my words. It's what people said. Not such a king, but one who can stand up alone, with decisive ability and wisdom. 
King: Chancellor.

Adviser: Yes, your Majesty.
King: Today's Chingu's main topic is very simple. Whether Choi Young accepted a bribe or not. 
Adviser: Of course, that's correct.
King: I will only require corresponding answer. 
Adviser: Your Majesty.
King: If Choi Young didn't do it, then it's ended. 
Adviser: Must your Majesty spare that evil fellow?
King:  Won't allow you to call him that again. After knowing me, the blood he had to spill, the lives he had to kill, one by one were once my share. Can you understand? 

(zine ed: the king means he had a hand in it as well, in the blood Choi Young had to spill).

Adviser: He is dragging our king, your Majesty's back legs. Why do you deny it?   
King: I am already prepared. Let's go. (in court) Begin. 
Cheheon: This is about royal guard Captain Choi Young's crime of accepting bribe. In the past 7 days, the imperial censors have given Choi Young the chance to clear his name. Sinner Choi Young, if you have anything to prove, please do so. Evidence or witnesses. Have you prepared?
King: I'm unclear about the evidence, but here is a witness. In order to prove the royal guard Choi Young's innocence, I will personally be his witness.
Adviser: Your.. Your Majesty!
King: After having known Choi Young, concerning what I have personally seen of his character, I prove it in the name of Goryeo.
Deok Kun: Can I make a suggestion to his Majesty based on my name as Pyongjang's conductor?
King: I will listen.
Deok: This is now the place of your Majesty's Chingu. Your Majesty can only judge the sinner. Personal feelings are not allowed.
Choi: Sinner Choi Young has something to say. During the past 7 years, serving the post of royal guard captain, till this year met your Majesty who has such abundant trust in me, I became over arrogant.  During that time, compromised in military force, and included into the military weapons the matter of accepting bribes. I admit.
King: I say, Choi Young.
Choi: I harmed your Majesty, my heart aches.
Adviser: The sinner has admitted it. Everyone, please quickly administer the corresponding punishment. Let his Majesty give his order.
Che heon: Sinner Choi Young. Should calculate his booty and impose punishment. Imprisoned in government office, be a slave in the smelting factory will do. Appropriate sentence should be 1 to 3 years. 



ES: Arrested?
Doc Jang: Said he was bound on the spot. Seems once day breaks, will be taken to the smelting factory.
ES: It won't be like that.
Doc: Doc god.
ES: I'm going there to wait. He said he'll come, so will definitely come. Don't you know? He's a person who returns when he says he will and leave when he says he wants to leave.
Doc: I'll go bring doc god's surgical instruments. Bring them with you. And...If you wait and he doesn't come, then come back. Don't wait too long.

(zine ed: Why? Jealous?)

ES: He'll come.

KC: You said Choi Young admitted it?
Deok: Yes, obediently.
KC: It definitely couldn't be like that. Even if he dies on the crime of treason, he'll not admit the crime of accepting bribes. That's what I think. How was the punishment set?
Deok: Imprisonment 1 year.
KC:  That punishment, was personally issued by his Majesty?
Deok: Yes.
KC:  Personally? Without care? Without any awkwardness or opposition?
Deok: So saying... his Majesty and Choi Young... as the one giving punishment and the one receiving it, were a little strange.
KC: By strange, you mean?
Deok: Anger, hope, resignation. These things couldn't be seen.
KC: Dammit.
Deok: What did you just say?
KC: Looks like that fellow is up to his tricks again. Disciple brother! Disciple sister!



King: Clearly. I clearly heard it. Choi Young used his heart to transmit to me in his voice. I clearly heard it. "It's fine, don't worry". When the captain was imprisoned in jail, I decided then, this person, I will never let him be locked up or bound again.  Really shouldn't bind this person.
Empress: Doc god came today. When we were together, I didn't know. But after separating, I understood. Doc god, seems to have come to bid farewell.

Guard: Come, you have lost.

Eum Ja: Where? (outside) One man. One woman. Here.
Doc: You guys are Lord Government House's people, right?
Soo In: We are looking for doc god.
Doc: If it's doc god... should be in the herb garden. Anything the matter?
Eum Ja: He is the doctor of the royal family. Will become troublesome.

King: Escaped? How did he escape?
Lady Choi: It's like this...Wanted to escort those gathered criminals to here as ordered, but he left after defeating the guards.
Vice-captain: Imperial guards are searching within the palace. But based on their ability...
King: Understood.
Lady Choi: What are your instructions regarding the escaped criminal?
King: None. I'm tired. All of you may leave. (to empress) That's right. From the start, a person who couldn't be tied down, unless he willingly stayed.
Empress:
Throwing away the fastening pins and escaping,  implies... he won't be coming back again?
King: Looks like he is hating holding onto my ankles. I also don't have a clue. His heart.



Choi: Still too slow. Spend such long time. You waited long? Still not yet before dawn. So originally wanted to fetch you at the medical temple. 

(zine ed: The Chinese sub of  "凌晨" means "before dawn".  The old meaning of "凌晨" has a timing of 12 a.m. to 3 a.m.. The modern meaning however, is anytime between 12 a.m. to before daybreak. So, we can take "before dawn" here, to mean between 12 a.m. to 3 a.m.. Meaning, Eun Soo was waiting there before midnight.).

(zine ed: He stands there so straight and tall. So beautiful the scene. Afterthought: All 1.86m of him. *flash of sexual thought of him and me* )


KC: Gaekyung's every nook and cranny, let nothing go. Seal all major roads. Send out all the private soldiers. Feeding soldiers for so long, is for use at this time.
Kiwan: I will go relay the message now. But elder brother... what to do with the problem of the jade seal...
KC: Hurry go! These fellows. Must have gone to the north side. Towards the country's border, everyday deliver information. All personnel, all military strength, capture them with the utmost priority. Draw him, 100, 1000 pieces, spread to all the streets and alleys, stick on city gates ... No. Send out my soldiers. Search him upside down!
Adviser: I will go set it up.



KC: Doc god must have unraveled the secret of heaven's door. That's why Choi Young that rascal is following. No, yes. It's the king who sent Choi Young. The two already conspired. It was me who was tricked.
Deok: Aren't you thinking too much? Can't be you tarnished his name because of this...
KC: Gave you the notebook was for you to bring back the secret! What exactly did you do? You even gave it to her. Yet you just admired her beauty, is that it?
Deok: His Majesty hesitated to act, sent the captain guard, what can he do even if he went?
KC: That is heaven's world! As long as know how to open the door in coming and going, will be able to bring back heaven's knowledge. Then on this piece of earth, I can do whatever I want. Why is it exactly, no one around me has thought of this point? Nobody understands me. Those so-called scholars, the questions they asked of doc god whom they found, turned out to be which king is what type of person. What's there to be curious about? Need which king, just make it out!



Choi: Go.
ES: Now being pursued is me or you? The person fleeing as a criminal is you.
Choi: Seeing that Lord government house's private soldiers are everywhere...their target is only you then.
ES: Then like this: If very urgent, I will surrender myself. And then, taking the chance, you escape. Actually thinking back, after coming to Goryeo, the bed at Lord Government House's residence is the best. Rice and vegetables are also appetizing. And even give new clothes, and... At this time, you must laugh. Because I'm making a joke.
Choi: What joke is that, not funny at all. (spins her around) Follow him. I will go check on the actual situation. 


Woman: Come. Try a bowl of soup rice.
ES: How do you do?
Woman: My soup rice, is no ordinary soup rice.
Man: Number 1 in Gaekyung.
Woman: Quick try it.
ES: Yes.
Man: You're back, eh?
Choi: Absolutely no escape pathways.
Man: If it's just you, probably not much problem. But if bringing this person, is absolutely impossible.
Woman: Want to eat?
Choi: Is there a way to leave by boat? Go by sea.
Man: Ferries check even tighter. This morning, there was a search on a boat about to leave. Ten over fellows came on board, ransacked the whole boat a few times. In order to catch you and this person.
Woman: Why don't you hide here 3, 4 days?
Man: Small leaks like them, definitely can't sustain for long.
Woman: Not leaks, it's minions.
Man: Really. Don't interrupt. (to Choi)  Kid, wait 3, 4 days. They will definitely loose morale and relax. When that time comes, you guys then make your move.
Woman: I'll go make an inconspicuous room for you guys.
Man: Right. Only just 1 room.

(zine ed: Somehow... I get the feeling these 2 guys are trying to get Choi Young and Eun Soo together for some action. Look at them, even more eager than Choi Young. Tsk tsk. ^__^).

Choi: I'm afraid this is the only way.
ES: Can't be...
Choi: What?
ES: Ate all?
Choi: You guys. Recognize Chang Song Sa Jo Il Shin?
Spear: Of course recognize.
Choi: Need to ask you guys to watch him. Can know who he is meeting, what they talk about, will be even better.
Arrow: Can't do that inside the palace. Investigate everything outside the palace will do, right?
Choi: Right.
Man: What exactly are you thinking of doing?
Woman: Can't be you're still working for that king?
Choi: Yes.
Man: That king, didn't he tarnish your name, sentenced you? To do what?
Choi: To have me work in the iron mine extracting iron ores. For a year.
Woman: Yet you still treat him as your king?
Choi: Mm. (to ES) Looks like need to hide a few days.
ES: I heard.
Choi: Can you do it? Carefully, quietly hide.
ES: Only breathe, right?
Choi: Definitely don't show off.
ES: Food?
Choi: Will give. And plenty.

Deok: Chang Song Sa.
Adviser: Yes.
Deok: Do you like "Go"? (zine ed: siege game of chess)
Adviser: I'm telling you again. I've never learned "Go".
Deok: Then learn it from now on. Come. Take up a seed.  (adviser takes up) Lay it down. (adviser sets it down) Good, good. Just begin like this, is good.
Adviser: What exactly you wish to say? Being together with you like this, I don't wish to be seen by others.
Deok: Lord Government House Ki Cheol, is not of sound mind now. In order to capture one doc god, spread private soldiers throughout the whole country.
Adviser: Well, this...
Deok: You have served the king for 10 years already, right?
Adviser: Yes, indeed. 10 years as if 1 day...
Deok: Yet you're not a governing assistant. It's too strange. What are you doing? Lay.  (adviser puts another seed down) Become my people.
Adviser: What?
Deok: Then I will give you the current Lord Government House's position. His assets. His power.
Adviser: Then, what about your lordship?
Deok:  I...naturally will be called king. Then can bestow upon you Lord Government House.
Adviser: What you just said...is treason. High treason.
Deok: Anyway Ki Cheol wants to help me sit on the throne.
adviser: What you said is high treason. If I were to tell everyone what you just said...
Deok: You can go tell. Who doesn't know I want to be king? Looks like I have to find someone else.
Adviser: Your lordship...Just now you said it's Ki Cheol's seat?
Deok: Indeed.
Adviser: Which means, I can be Lord Government House?
Deok: How? Satisfied?
Adviser: Then, what do you need me to do?
Deok: Oh yes, that royal guard captain... what's his name...
Adviser: He's called Choi Young.
Deok: The palace should have his partner. Who do you think it is?

ES: R. Constant K. This formula, where have I seen it before? I've seen it before, where did it come from...
Choi: It's already dark.
ES: This formula, I know it!
Choi: We have to shift together. So before they come, your hair, can you...
ES: R = K (10G+F)
Choi: What?
ES: Earth Science 2. It's in there. Also called Wolf's number.

(Click: The Wolf number (also known as the International sunspot number, relative sunspot number, or Zürich number) is a quantity that measures the number of sunspots and groups of sunspots present on the surface of the sun.)

ES: Oh here. Sunspot group number G, Constant K, Sunspot number F. I'm going crazy! What to do?! I got full marks for Earth Science when I was in school. 

(zine ed: Wah.. she studies this? Surprisingly good.)

ES: But.. what is this?
Choi: Found any leads?
ES: Problem is...the calendar here and the one in use now are different. This one that Mr Jang Bin gave must be compared with Yuan dynasty's Shoushi calendar.  Lunar solar calendar need to calculate properly. But these are all Chinese characters!  Oh, damn!

(Click: Shoushi Calendar appeared in the Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368) 

(Click: Under Yuan Dynasty: The very precise observations served for the new Shoushi calendar (Season-Granting Calendar) of 1281, which was in use for 364 years. The length of the tropical year was determined to 365 d 5 h 49 m 20 s, a value in accord with the value of the Gregorian Calendar, but obtained 300 years earlier.)

ES: What is it?
Choi: Are all heaven's people like this? Or maybe... it's only you, Lady, who is so special?
ES: What's that mean?
Choi: Your actions. Everything.
ES: What about me?
Choi: Pay attention to unraveling. Only by unraveling the riddle, then can find the way back.

KC: The road leaving Gaekyung. East West South North water and land routes are all blocked. But why just can't find? Why isn't there any news at all?
Soo In: I feel that... she is hiding somewhere in Gaekyung. Or how about I catch some medicine sellers and interrogate them?
KC: Must find. Dig into the earth also must find for me. By the way, where did Deok Kun go?
Adviser: Haven't seen him the whole day.
Kiwan: He went to the palace. I just rushed over from there.
KC: What? Why? What did he go there for?
Kiwan: This... Our spies have been cleaned out. Can't find any movements from them. Really stifling.
Adviser: I'll plant some of our people again.
KC: Disciple brother.
Eum Ja: Yes.
KC: Lord Deok Kun hand to you to watch over.
Eum Ja: Ok.
KC: Could it be... in order to swallow the wolf, I called forth a tiger?

Choi: Still not done yet?
ES: Ok, already! If you can't wait, go wait somewhere else! Must you guard at the door hurrying me?
Choi: Although the room is simple and crude, it's better than open air wilderness.
ES: But..
Choi: Goodnight.
ES: You there?
Choi: I am here. Why aren't you resting?
ES: Can't sleep. Seems as if we came to MT. Ah, MT is abbreviation of Membership Training. Which means, like-minded people go traveling together. It means, overnight friendship. Using Korean to explain is really roundabout. Anyway, what do we do during MT? Right, that is... Truth game. When answering must answer truthfully. Are you listening?
Choi: I'm listening.
ES: Then I'll ask first. Must answer truthfully, ok? Cannot hide or lie.
Choi: I don't lie, find it too bothersome.
ES: If I unravel the dates of these numbers... and find Heaven's door on that day, and coincidentally heaven's door is open... then if I go back to heaven...Then what will you do? Because will never see again, a confidante as capable and kind person as me. Will never find again, the person who will stitch and apply medicine for you when you're wounded. Are you really Ok with that?
Choi: Ok? How can it be possible?
ES: I knew it. I will also not feel good. When I return to my world, I will think very much of ... the king, princess, Mr Jang, the royal guards and... you. I will miss everyone very much. As though I dreamt a long long dream. But dream, isn't it completely forgotten once it's morning? Now then, it's your turn. What do you still want to know about me?
Choi: Nothing. What I know now, is already enough.

Lady Choi: I am Court Lady Choi of Gunsong hall. Do you have any instructions?
Deok: You are Choi Young's aunt?
Lady Choi: Indeed.
Deok: I heard you are famous regarding outside the palace.
Lady Choi: Because the working lives of people in the palace is very dull, it's common that they exaggerate.
Deok: Do you see these papers?
Lady Choi: I see them.
Deok: Try paging them. (she tries but can't) This type of paper is not easy to turn the pages. So people using this type of paper will moisten it with saliva. Like this. Hence, if apply poison on this type of paper... the person using the paper will be poisoned without knowing it.
Lady Choi: May I ask which person of yours used such paper?
Deok: Not long ago, I gave such papers to doc god. She needed to copy down some things. Just nice, I had such papers in my hands. So, gave her a few pieces. Oh yes, doc god's way of writing is very strange. (zine ed: Yeah, she writes as if she's holding a pen ^_^)

Lady Choi: Then, the papers that doc god used, were also applied with poison?
Deok: Yes. That poison, was obtained when I was in India. Colorless, odorless, really amazing. And the symptoms will not immediately break out. Will first be latent in the body for a few days. Then suddenly break out.
Lady Choi: Then the antidote?
Deok: Naturally, in my hands.
Lady Choi: How to obtain the antidote?
Deok: Where is doc god? Know where she is, then I can give her the antidote and detoxify her. If late, it will be difficult to handle. Doc god, there are many people worried about her, isn't it so?

Choi: Doc god. Doc god. (tries nudging her) Doc god. (shakes her) Doc god, wake up quickly. Lady. Lady!

(zine ed: Poisoned... by a man.)

(end of translation)

Update 2.04 a.m. Monday 1 Oct: Ehh? How come the English subs @ Epdrama... they edited out their explanation of "Im Ja"?? O.O I was just looking back at it, re-playing to watch that scene again when saw that their subbed "Im Ja" was gone. Now it's just "Hey, Hey!".




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this episode, was beautiful. ^_^

zinepin said...

Very glad you like. Ep 15 Raw has just been released. :)