Sunday 7 December 2014

Warning to Inconsiderate Cosplayers: Anime Festival Asia (AFA) Singapore


Dress up as Japanese anime characters, yet these cosplayers ironically don't even have the Japanese sentiment of civic consciousness.

6 Dec Saturday, I was at Citylink Mall ladies' restroom.  Four cosplayers fixing their long wigs stood at the common/shared wash basin with their pencil cases a.k.a. make-up cases placed along the outer edge.

When I wanted to wash my hands at the available sink that she was standing beside, the woman didn't even bother removing her pencil case from the edge. If I were to use that tap, her case should be wet.

Yet she expected that I or anyone would move to another sink.  I shouldn't have moved but I did. There was just another tap available two taps down the row with another cosplayer woman beside it.

It's two taps down the row that I specially made the move. For what?   Not only that, when I used that other tap, a strand of wig hair clung to my hand.

Next time, I will not move. Whatever items on the common/shared sink that are not removed will be wet. Bear this in mind, cosplayers.

You are not kids. You're already women. Sexually mature.  Means you can already have kids of your own.  I don't care if your mental capacity don't match your sexual maturity.

If you love Japan and Japanese anime so much, learn the Japanese consideration so that you can proudly wear your characters. Otherwise, you are just shit.

If you really love your characters so much, wear it starting from home. What for wear it in the public restrooms and jam up the place?  Don't say the weather is too hot to wear your wigs etc etc... If you believe so much in the characters you play, then for the day/s of the convention, be that character in costume.

More likely, you don't have the guts to wear the whole gear alone from home to the convention.

I warn you again. Next time, if you jam up a common/shared sink with your things, take them away immediately when I want to wash my hands.  Otherwise, be prepared to have your pencil case wet.

In Japan, their civic consciousness is so ingrained in them, even a drunken man who was shouting into a drain at a train station nodded in smiling apology to a train conductor who told him off. The drunk was holding a tall can of a beer and he apologised even though he was drunk and miserable.

In Japan, it is difficult to find trash bins. Everyone takes their garbage along with them until they find a trash bin/recycling point.  It's a terrible inconvenience yet the streets, parks and other areas are clean even in Shinjuku, Harajuku and Akihabara.



No comments: