Friday 24 April 2015

Picked up $7 on the floor today

(Writing this for my own record)

Upper deck of bus #10 on the way to my swim.

Wish it was $7000. Need to multiply by 1000. Not complaining. $7 is a rarity. Still nice. But I said to myself, "$7... $7000.".  I'll keep $2000 in the bank. And take $5000 to spend 3~4 weeks solo in Japan. Yes, perfect. I'll visit every castle & perhaps finish my novel there.

Folded $5 was on the left, folded $2 on the right. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. In my dreams, it's always coins, 50 cents, 20 cents, pick & pick never ending (clean silver coins).  Here was $7. And nobody was even aware they lay there in plain sight. Must've just been dropped.

Man on the right had his head tilted back dozing but looked up at me when I went to the seats beside his left. Young man on the left was focused on his phone. Another man right in front was on the phone.

I sat down between the 2 men, used my right foot to scrape the notes close enough to pick up. Nobody knew a thing.  Checked to see if there were more under the seats on the floor. None. Got up to sit further back.  Saw that there was nobody else for the entire rest of the deck.

Wish there were more. Like $10s & $50s all over!!!!  With the whole upper deck empty except for these men & myself, I could've spent just one stop to pick them all!!

When the dozing man got up & left, I checked his seat to see if he had left more (if the notes are his). Nothing.  When the man right in front left, I also checked. Nothing. 

I'm money crazy these days...  This thing called money is a bad invention. Previously, I argued with bro that we should all go back to doing barter trade.

I asked bro when I got home, who that $7 could've belonged to since the men seemed completely oblivious. Perhaps someone who was getting off the bus & dropped? Considering the direction of the scatter, could be someone who sat in my seat & dropped while leaving. But my seat was cold.

He said, "It fell from the sky.".

Could be the dozing man. 

Well,  whoever it fell out of, it's a good sign. Today, mine is a $7 luck. Nothing compared to the thousands of dollars luck that my uncle had when he picked up a wallet in the carpark of his condo. That's what I call a Bonanza.




No comments: