Friday 2 December 2016

Horrible Singing Bowl: Cleansing Damaging to Crystals (?) & Warning to Pregnant Women


[Update 3:25pm 15 Dec Friday 2017:  Ignore anything negative I said about Citilink Harmony Gem Crystals. Lady boss has been very kind to us. Gives advice & she's always optimistic & reassuring. Thanks. 

Great crystal shop with wide variety of freshly stocked crystals every time. Tubs & tubs of power crystals. This time strangely, there wasn't any of that strange, unique scent when we approached from outside.  Only in the shop itself, the scent could be detected. Previously she had said she don't burn incense. But that scent is incense-like. Strange. I didn't mention to lady boss that the scent has gone from outside. I can't smell it anymore outside.]
-----------------


It should be called a Horrible Machine.

What cleansing? What therapy? Horrible. Can't believe such sound can ever be used for "therapy".

The resonance was horrible. I never want to hear another "Singing Bowl" again.

At first, I was innocently standing around choosing crystals among the tubs. Then someone started a strange sound. I looked up.

This male staff was running a thick stick over a huge quartz bowl at the counter. As he did so, the sound became louder & louder, amplified deeper & deeper with a heavier & heavier resonance.

I couldn't bear it anymore. Worst resonance ever. The resonance was not only jarring. The deeper & heavier it went like a resonating amplified echo, I started feeling sick in the middle of my body, spreading up to my head. I wanted to tell him to stop.

The man only started it for a few seconds & I had to leave. Quickly, left my choosing container on the crystal tubs & walked out of the shop, shut the door. Even through the door, I could hear the resonating sound. Horrible.

Oddly, my bro & another male customer were able to remain inside. The male customer looked at me when I stood outside. When I asked bro how he felt afterwards, he said it vibrated through his body & the sound was noisy & jarring but nothing more.

I had felt sick. It wasn't about the noise or even that it's loud. It was the reverberating resonance that was amplified louder & louder with each round of the stick high-pitching against the rim.

Had to get out. Not only cleansing out bad spirits but cleansing me out as well. Horrible. Even now thinking about it, I grimace at that horrible resonance.

When the man stopped resonating the bowl, I went back inside. Beads of perspiration was on my upper lip. I was seriously stressed out.  Immediately after that, I had discharge below.  The uterus was affected.

I never knew a frequency like that would upset me this much. Didn't know until now that I am sensitive to vibrational resonance.

I think it's bad for crystals to be "cleansed" like that. Their internal crystalline structure could be mis-aligned or re-aligned after the resonance. Means, they won't be the same. It's not cleansing. It's damaging.

It disturbs the human body, it can disturb crystals.

The resonance probably causes water molecules in the body to vibrate & interferes with electric impulses in the cells & brain. It affects the female uterus.

Warning: Singing bowls should not randomly be played in any shop with customers around! Especially if female customers are pregnant or other customers may have a heart condition!  The shop is being very uneducated & naive about the serious science behind the Singing Bowl resonance.

They sell crystals & believe in crystal vibrations & yet they use the Singing Bowl anyhow. No wonder people think such people are hocus-pocus.

There is real science in sound waves, frequencies & resonance. Think of the hospital using ultrasound. Are the fetuses really safe from ultrasound checks? Sound can also be used to destroy & kill. That resonance, do not underestimate it.

Ironic that in the whole shop of hocus-pocus rocks & crystals, there is real science in that Singing Bowl.

[Update 4 Mar Sat 8:43pm: As mentioned in my other post, crystals are Not hocus-pocus. However, they have limited power against ghosts & spirits.]

I'm not pregnant but I do have a uterine fibroid (tumor). I didn't know it's affected by resonance.

After that one time, nobody played it for a while. But then another man (not a staff) started using the stick to ring the bowl. Bro said it's a customer starting it. Meaning, the bowl will resonate every time a customer buys something & agrees to cleanse it.

Again, I stepped outside.  I was thinking how can I keep coming to this place in future if every time I have to step outside?

When I was finally done & paid for the few crystals, the lady boss was automatically about to send my crystals to the bowl. I said, "Using the bowl?". She said, "Yes.". I said, "No need.".

Every of the 3 crystal shops I went to these few days has its own strange thing.

1) Yu Zhu Gallery @ Fortune Center: Shop owners wrap every piece of crystal in plastic packets. So, customers unable to hold & touch & feel. There are some crystals that are not wrapped but not many to choose from.

2) Secret Crystals @ Bugis Cube: Shop owner gets frequent visits by negative energies from customers with problems.

3) Harmony Gem Crystals @ Citilink (previously from Sunshine Plaza): Horrible Singing Bowl that resonates every time a customer buys something & agrees to cleansing.  [Update 8 Dec Thurs: Discovered that singing bowl rung by lady boss is bearable. I don't have to step outside. Update 4 Mar Sat: After the first few times, singing bowl does not affect me as much.]

I think I'm done with crystal shops. Today's expenditure at Harmony Gem was $45. For just 3 small shards of orange calcite + 1 palm-sized, polished Selenite Moonstone + 1 small Desert Rose Selenite + 3 small yellow calcite + 1 5.5cm polished quartz stick + 1 5.5cm thicker, less polished quartz stick.

The lady boss (cheery Indian woman with fair complexion) said "very cheap".  It is cheaper than Secret Crystals' prices but I wouldn't say it's "very cheap".   [Update 4 Mar Sat 8:46pm: Lady boss is very nice & understanding. Very reasonable & kind prices if you are a regular there. I Never ask for discounts.].

The polished palm-sized oval Selenite I saw on a US website is US$19.70 with shipping. Here it's only S$10. Was quite surprised.  (I rinsed it very briefly with distilled water when I came home, wonder if it shrank? I forgot not to rinse the Desert Rose. The white patterns of Selenite disappeared. Damn. Not going to buy again. No money.). 

Certain crystals that Secret Crystals has, such as Golden Honey Calcite, Harmony Gems don't have. Harmony Gem has bigger chunks of crystals & rocks (at "cheaper" prices) & more variety (in large tubs). As many people have said, Harmony Gem has an extensive range.

I'll add that Harmony's rocks & crystals have a "new" & stronger energy than those at Secret Crystals. Stronger energy probably because each kind is plenty in tubs. I can feel the energy from each rock or crystal when I hold it whereas the few at Secret Crystals are "blank" (I don't feel anything or have any feelings for them).

[Update 8 Dec Thurs: Harmony's crystals & rocks in the tubs emit a happy & positive energy. No wonder one guy said in an online forum that he always ends up buying something every time he steps in there & has to "cut back" on visits there.]

When I saw such large quantities of each kind in tubs, I guessed each piece would be cheaper compared to the much fewer items sold at other shops.  Harmony is a wholesaler.

Previously saw Singing bowls at Secret Crystals & I was curious how it sounded. Not anymore. >.<
I did a brief check online for singing bowls making people ill, but came up with nothing.

Luckily, it seems the effects are not lasting on the body. Once the Singing Bowl stops, the resonance still rings the air! Wait outside until it's completely quiet, before going back in. 

Supposedly, Harmony Gem Crystals' boss is a Moroccan man.

As I mentioned in the other post, self-ownership shops tend to have irregular opening hours. They open & close whenever they feel like it. The lady boss said they close at 3pm on Sat when I asked whether they open on Sat. No mention of early closure today (Friday). According to online information, they close at 3pm.  But after choosing & going to pay, she suddenly said they close at 2.30pm "today".

I wasn't surprised at all since I earlier already told bro that they may close at 2.30pm. Psychic? Not really. Just a guess.


Update 3 Dec Sat 10:29pm: Yes, they are open Sat.  Today, spent another $50.  Although I said above, that I'm done with crystal shops, we still went back today.

Bro needed more Black Tourmaline & I was considering buying a handful of Peridot. Since yesterday the first time I was there (Fri), I've been thinking that their Peridot are bigger pieces & much more beautiful than those I bought from Secret Crystals. Only later, I realized it's because Harmony Gem Peridot is polished & shine like gems. A whole tub of Evening Emerald (another name for Peridot).

That woman who looks like Indian but not Indian... I realized she quotes everything $10 like $10 drops from the sky. Bro said, "To her, it does drop from the sky.".  [Update 4 Mar Sat: Again, as mentioned above, her prices are very reasonable. Buy more for "cheaper" overall pricing.].

Bro chose 4 small Black Tourmaline. I chose 1 small Amethyst rock & about 90g of Peridot (I went home & weighed the Peridot).

She said, "$10, $10, $10... $50. This one ... (she touched the packet of Peridot while my mind was dismayed by the cost, thinking that's an additional $12)... free.".

For every $10 she said, my mind sank more & more.

Free? I smiled in relief. 5 stones $50 & one very small packet of shiny Peridot (half of a very small seal bag). Major expensive. This woman is very good at making the customers happy.

Actually, I don't think the Peridot is free. At Secret Crystals, we previously bought the same size of Black Tourmaline, 2 for $15. Meaning 1 for $7.50.

Harmony charged $10 per piece for the same size. Means $2.50 more than Secret Crystals per piece x4 = $10.

Exactly what that small packet of Peridot should cost. 100g $12. I went home to weigh & it's 90g. Therefore, exactly no discount at all, let alone free.

I had filled a quarter of a rectangular takeaway plastic container & then asked her how she charged.  She looked at the amount in the container that I was holding, said 100g $12.  It was a moment where we both knew that amount I was holding was going to be a lot of money. I would have to pour back to a more rational amount.

Although she didn't say, it's obvious the price is because the Peridot are bigger & polished. They shine like gems. Very beautiful whereas Secret Crystals charge $6 per packet of about 100g. I didn't weigh it. But Secret Crystals' Peridot are small & rough without polish, so they don't shine.

I think from now on,  she is going to be the $10 woman in my mind. Everything $10. Yesterday's purchases also $10, $10...  (Bro started calling her Samurai because you get one slash across with each $10 quote. Come out all "wounded". Hahaha...). 

Yesterday $45. Today $50. This shop alone has made $95 from us.  Just for rocks. No wonder they are rich.

[Update 4 Mar Sat 2017: Since getting to know the lady boss, she has mentioned many times that they don't do it for money. More important that customers buy their crystals in a happy mood. She said, "Must be happy.". I like their way of thinking. Very practical.]

Bro & I are not in the bad habit of asking for discounts. We leave it to her to offer discount if she wishes. I think this is very important when buying crystals. Do not bargain because these are special items that will help us.

Today, luckily, only 1 ring of the Singing Bowl for a customer. I quickly stepped out before the male staff could begin. It rang very long. I only went back into the shop after it had ceased completely.

At the end when he wanted to use the Singing Bowl for my purchases, bro told me, "You better stop him, he's going to ring it.". I hadn't realized & quickly went over to ask if the paper bag items were mine. He said "yes". I said "No need" (to "cleanse"). As usual, the lady boss smiled at me while she sat at the counter, repeating that oh, I didn't need them cleansed. I think I'm probably the only customer who doesn't want their free "cleansing" service.

Surprisingly, did not see any crystal pyramids at Harmony Gem.

Update Sun 4 Dec: Also, there is a subtle smell in the store. I noticed it the first time I was there on Friday. It seemed to be coming from her make-up? But it should be in or from the store since my Desert Rose Selenite which is porous, absorbed the smell. My clothes also smell of it.


Even till now, 2 days later, my Desert Rose Selenite still has the smell. It has soaked through even despite my rinsing the day I bought it home.

I think it's the smell of an incense that they perhaps burn when they open shop. During operating hours, there is no incense burning.

It's possible that she is the one who burns the incense. And it is her clothes that carry the smell. I first noticed it when she came over opposite me at the tubs. She was giving me her attention in a friendly way since there were no customers at the time. The smell seemed to be from her face as she smiled. So, I thought it was from her make-up.

But when I went home & started gently washing the crystals, I noticed there was a smell from the Desert Rose Selenite after drying. [Reminder: Do not wash Selenite crystals especially Desert Rose Selenite.]

[Update 4 Mar Sat 2017:  Some time back, I talked to the lady boss & she told me she does not burn any incense. I said I can smell it all the way from the outside towards her shop & all the other units along the row does not have smell. I asked if it was perhaps the building's air freshner? She said I'm not the only one who has smelled it. Other customers have mentioned it. She says she don't smell anything.  When their shop was at Sunshine Plaza, customers also mentioned their shop had a scent.  She shook her head puzzled while talking to me & said it's probably the "magic from the crystals", gesturing the air rising from the tubs of crystals. I was thinking it would be interesting to ask those customers if the scent from Sunshine Plaza was the same as in this new location. ]

If you're looking for Palo Santo wood for smudging, Harmony Gem does not have it. Said "out of stock". They have bags of loose Sage leaves.

They also don't have packets of crystal chips (whereas they are sold at Secret Crystals & Yu Zhu Gallery).[Update 4 March Sat 2017: Crystal chips are useless. They have no or little power.]

Another thing is that the lady boss does not know her stuff well. She's just the money & customer front. She didn't know what was Palo Santo & looked at me with puzzlement. I was surprised.

Yesterday at the cashier, I can't help but notice that her make-up was so thick that it cracked everywhere on her face. I started to wonder what she was hiding.  [Update 4 March Sat 2017: She is a very nice & understanding lady. 'Very soothing presence & good aura. Very happy being in her shop.]





No comments: