Sunday 21 May 2017

I Miss Japan 君に会いたい。日本

Mon 22 May 10:37am

Where the people are more intelligent &  the country is more beautiful. Wish I was born Japanese, then I wouldn't know the shit in Singapore. Knowing the shit in Singapore, I don't ever want to leave Japan & just roll up into a ball & stay there where it's safe.

I don't want my parents to be Singaporeans. I wish I never knew them. 

If I were Japanese, I wouldn't need to step out of the country at all. The entire place is so big & different everywhere & all in Japanese, I can just be a tourist in my own country my whole life. No need to step out to see the ugliness of other countries.

Singaporeans are mad & stupid. Why was I born one of them? It's an embarrassment. For years when I was younger, I refused to let people know which country I am from. Small, pathetic island with small, pathetic people. Just pretend I am from No Country. Ok? Just accept me as I am. Don't ask.  My country is inconsequential.

Years ago, LKY tried emulating Japan. But failed. Till now, Singaporeans are still shitty. To be like the Japanese, everyone must ingrain in their kids civic consciousness. National scale, the type of civic consciousness & attitude that is drilled into the brain & skull in every child. Such that even when he is drunk, he will still apologize for being loud.

Singapore with its "scattered sands" attitude & laziness & uneducated & crude mentality will never reach that level. Every child is brought up anyhow. I have seen even young men hawk & spit on the street.

Shitty island. I don't know why foreigners keep coming here. And even applying to stay here permanently. Crazy. As Singaporeans, we are born here. We have no money to move. We have no choice but to stay here.

As foreigners with financial mobillity, why hole yourself in a cramp, little, no place island with nothing?

Online platforms are dead, can't sell anything, can't do anything as an individual. All everyone does is work from morning till night. And the money isn't enough. 20 years ago, a cafe pay was $5/hr. Now, it's still just $5-9/hr (look at the job ads). Majority just $7.50/hr.  I read a Grab driver earned just $5/hr.

How can the pay rise by so little? By now, it should be $10-15/hr at least. How can it be about the same when prices of things have risen?

Thank goodness for $2 stores. That is how hard eating to live has become. How can anyone even think to have any kids when the situation is so bad?

$5-8/hr can't pay for anything. My daily expenditure a day (2 persons), very tight, is already minimum $30 excluding transport. No restaurants. No cafes.  No phone. No extra spending. Even with $2 stores, just some food items, easily add to the daily expenditure, regardless of how little is purchased.

Even for teenagers, such "pay" is very crazily little. You would have to work from morning till night 8 hours just to get $40-$60/day.  Half of it goes to food for 2 persons. There is nothing left to save if CPF also dips the hand inside to take. 




No comments: