Monday 4 July 2011

The Three Musketeers: Penguin Classics Edition

Mm. This afternoon, it's now 1.20 pm, the name suddenly popped into my head. Don't know why the book's title suddenly came up.

The Three Musketeers. Not just any Musketeers. It has to be the one that I made sure to remember: translated by Lord something.

Checking up the library's catalogue, because I had borrowed it from the library years back then... Ah! Translated with an introduction by Lord Sudley.

That's the one.

Previously, I had picked up The three Musketeers at a bookstore, and found the translation different and wasn't as good as the one I had read.

I started realizing the importance of the translator and and how much of a difference a translator can make.

Maybe I should look up the book at the library again and read again to see what had captured me in the first place.


No comments: