Saturday 6 June 2015

Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa (review)


I just finished 3 slices. Bro bought it for me (I asked him to drop by Chinatown after going to Sim Lim). He said it's $10. Signature flavor.

Definitely the best out of the 3 brands I've tried (see my other review). But a lot of negatives that cause me not to buy again. And in fact, I may not be buying Bak Kwa again.

Lim Chee Guan:

What's nice: 
Very tender, soft meat. Juicy. Moist. I can understand why people say this is the best.
(Interesting) Sticky strands of marinate can be seen when taking one piece from another. 

What's bad:
Too oily (probably because of the white fats).
Burnt parts that I have to avoid & throw away.
White fats.
Too sweet compared to the other brands.
What meat are they using? From China?

3 pieces are more than enough.  For my health, I think it's better to spend the $10 on Toto.  I have asked bro to remind me why I shouldn't buy bak kwa again the next time I crave it.


No comments: