Tuesday 29 November 2016

Search For Crystals in Singapore


Sometimes, I deliberately don't read up information on certain things because I want to feel it myself first without interference. I say "feel" because I have certain feelings for certain situations, people & things.

These 2-3 days, I have shifted some interest to crystals after reading online posts on how to get rid of negative energies/spirits in the house.

Been to 2 crystals shops so far. The first shop (Yu Zhu Gallery@ Fortune Center), despite being located in a quiet & deserted old building on the top floor, made me very happy when I left, even without buying anything. No idea why.

The shop was well lit in warm yellow lights. But each piece of crystal was in a plastic packet so I couldn't dare to pick them up (in case I transferred my energy to it & was concerned the shop person might not like if I touched their things.).   [Update: 6 Dec Tues: We visited the shop again. Was pleased with the very nice & friendly guy there. Not everything is in packets. But the variety is too few. Prices are very reasonable.]

The shop lady was polite. She smiled at me when I entered. Of course, I reciprocated by nodding back with a smile. That created a positive start.  Throughout, she said nothing & let us look around until we walked out.

Bro says my happiness at the end, could be because I was simply happy to have found the shop. Hmm...

Well, when I approached the place, I didn't have any good expectations. I was mentally prepared that the shop staff might be arrogant & rude. Having found the shop on the top floor & the lady smiled... was nice. But nothing to be so happy about, especially when I didn't find anything I liked. Also, the variety was very limited. Very few crystals to look at. Prices were ok for some, but too few to choose from & not able to feel in your hand (because in plastic packets).

Just looking at the crystals in their plastic packets without touching them, made me happy. Don't know why.

I walked out feeling really happy. Never felt like that in a shop before. The sort of happiness that nothing can dent. That feeling.

Could be something in the shop that is giving off that happiness aura that I picked up.

Today (Tues 29 Nov), we went to another shop (Secret Crystals@ Bugis Cube). We were actually there a few days previously at night but it was closed. This time, we arrived earlier in the late afternoon. I expected the shop to be closed (based on a past comment by a buyer that he/she arrived but shop was closed & shop owner replied that she had probably gone out on an errand.).  From experience, this type of self-ownership shop tend to be slack with opening hours. They open & close whenever they feel like it.

So, expecting it to be closed is not something psychic.  But I was very certain today (almost 100% to 100%) that when we arrive, the shutters will be closed.  (2nd visit 1 Dec Thurs different timing: I was very sure she would be open & she was.).

I told Bro before we got on the bus to go there, that if the shop is closed, we will go elsewhere first & then come back.

True enough, the shutters were down.  If I had placed a bet, I would have won.

However, as we got closer, I saw the inside yellow lights were on, meaning the shop owner was around & probably went to the restroom. The sign on the shutters also said, "Be right back".  I was happy to see the shop owner appear inside & come forward to open the shutters without any displeasure. She didn't smile but I could see it was fine.

I said "Hi" & that we came to see the crystals & asked whether we could do that.

This shop is better than the first. More variety. Pretty crystals that I know nothing about.

Wanted to buy quartz but didn't see any that I liked. I came with intention to buy if possible (Selenite is one of them). I liked the box of short & long Selenite sticks.  They remind me of the Thai dessert syrup tapioca drizzled with coconut milk. Yummy.

I liked the long sticks but thinking they are expensive (no price indicated), I chose a short one. The whole box had a very comforting & soothing look.  I liked all of them, especially the long sticks! Liked the whole box.

Now that I'm back home & reading up on Selenite, a website says it emits a peaceful vibration. That's when I realized that that was what I was feeling when looking at the Selenite box. Peaceful.

Before reading that, I didn't know Selenite had a peaceful feeling. I wanted to buy it because websites say it can cleanse aura.

When I was there, the other crystals were just rocks, I felt nothing holding them (except for the frosted quartz).  That box of Selenite was best thing in the whole room/shop, besides the box of honey cake crystals (I don't know what they are called.). Honey cake crystals, I wanted to buy whole box too.

Just buying a short Selenite stick & looking at it, also has that calm feeling. But the whole box is really "power".  The whole box soothes.  It's just very nice to look at. Probably due to the horizontal striations along the crystals.

If only I could buy the whole lot. Loved the honey cakes crystals more.

Definitely buying one Selenite stick. And I held in my fingers a short one the whole time in the shop. We must have spent at least 30-40 mins there.   (A day after. 1Dec Thurs: I find that I like holding/gripping it in my fist. It's very good to hold. Don't know why. It just feels nice in my left fist, fits in against my palm & grip. In my right fist, it's not as nice.).

Bro bought a packet of small Black Tourmaline chips & he poured them onto a plate that we bought after dinner before going home. Put it on his table & he says he feels a difference to his room now.  He's not sure if it's just in his mind.

He actually chose the biggest block with the assumption that bigger is better (no other feelings attached to it). I told him that it's probably expensive considering the size. He then settled for packeted chips that was cheaper. He wanted it because he read the description in the shop: specific purpose to get rid of negative energies.

I walked out of this 2nd shop happy, but not as happy as when I walked out of the first shop. The first shop, I bought nothing but was strangely very happy. This 2nd shop, I bought a few things but not as happy. The seller in this 2nd shop was friendly, so it's not about the service.

Maybe after the first shot of seeing crystals for the first time, the novel feeling has fallen (so fast?)?

Bro says he felt nothing from all the stones/crystals in the shop probably because his "brain fog" was blocking everything.  He just felt stoned by that fog.

Strangely, his feeling of nothing in that shop is what I also felt from the stones/crystals (as mentioned above). I suppose it's a good thing. Means the crystals didn't absorb anything & the shop owner is a good keeper of these crystals/stones to keep them blank (new).

It was only after leaving this shop that I realized the lady boss was nice to have given a discount even though I didn't ask for it. It's not good to ask for discount when buying Fengshui or lucky things. It's better that when a shop boss likes you or likes your business, he/she is happy to automatically give discount. 

Update 7:11pm 1 Dec Thurs: 1 day after our first visit to Secret Crystals, she did not seem to remember us (even though she was friendly & we talked just a day ago). Disappointment. When I stepped into the shop, she saw me. I opened my mouth to say "hi" but she just looked away to another customer. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

On Tues, she said she was going to top up the frosted quartz crystals "this week". But today I went & didn't see any new additions.

We chose 3 packets of crystals (chips) & 2 blocks of Black Tourmaline. No discount. It's fine. Just that when a seller gives discount the first time but no discount subsequently, the customer will make a note of it.

Now I know why the shop doesn't have as good an aura as Yu Zhu Gallery @ Fortune Center. As mentioned above, the Yu Zhu Gallery made me very happy even when I left empty-handed. This was likely because nobody goes in to "dump" negative energies into the shop.

At Secret Crystals on Tues (first time we were there), there was an older woman customer who was very grumpy. Bro said she was exactly like Eeyore. I began to listen to the way she was complaining & started laughing quietly to bro. It seemed everything weighed very heavily on her. Like there's a heavy, moody cloud over her. Grumpy about everything. She said she lost the crystal she had purchased previously & "I was so upset".  Asked whether this repurchase, she should glue it down. It was the way she grumbled that was funny. Bro said I was unsympathetic.

Today when we were there, a woman was complaining about her neighbour. The neighbour was making their lives hell & making her mother ill ("almost passed away").  The shop owner prescribed some advice with mirrors & more smudging. Open the windows & turn on the fan. It sounded like more of physically irritating the neighbour rather than anything paranormal.

Bro felt uncomfortable being in the shop as the woman wouldn't leave. I admit I was also distracted & prefer that she hadn't been there. In fact, I considered walking out without buying anything because I was concerned her negative energy might transfer to my purchases. Due to the distraction, I was pretty sure the shop owner wouldn't be giving us a discount. True enough, she didn't.

When we left, I began to realize why at the beginning, the first time, I had felt less happy at her shop (despite her friendly attitude) than at Yu Zhu Gallery. Because all these people keep coming in to "dump" their negative emotions & energy onto her & the shop.

We still purchased a few items. Only the bare minimum that we needed. I really liked the Peridot chips that I didn't get on Tues & bought 2 small packets $6 each. Bro needed more Black Tourmaline: 1 last small packet of chips left $5 + 2 blocks for $15. Total $32. Expensive.

I actually intended to get a longer stick of Selenite. But when I looked again in the shop, didn't see any I liked. I bought the best already on Tues (the short stick). 

I put back one small blue rock with white streaks that I was holding. Not sure what's it called. I prefer saving the money for better finds at the 3rd crystal shop that I looked up.

Frankly, do the crystals really work? I don't see them doing anything. If not worse, then everything is the same.  I don't mind giving all my crystals to bro. He's the one who says it works.

I don't see any difference. I look at the crystals on top of my desktop computer & I think, "Why I buy these for?". Not that it improves relationship with my bro. Same.  Either that, or I have the suspicion these crystals might be doing the reverse--making it worse. Who knows.

I finally have a deep purple amethyst crystal geode structure that I've always wanted because it's said to drive away evil (or what was it again?). But it's only a small segment of a geode structure for $19.90.  Does it do anything? I rinsed it with distilled water this morning. And gave it some mild sunlight for just a few minutes.  And I'm looking at it now.  And it looks just like what it looks.

To be honest, I can ask this question: What is so special about these rocks that are being sold so expensively?

I tell you I am a sad person. My heart contains a sadness that I bury in order to function properly. And these crystals aren't helping me.  Only 1 place helps me. Japan. But I have no money to fly there.

Only just now (12:39am), I read from 1 website (below quote):  I put in bold "multiple pieces". This is because it matches with my feeling as mentioned above. I said that one short piece is fine but the whole box gives off a "power".  As mentioned, I did not know anything about Selenite when I saw it for the first time in the shop, except that it's used to cleanse aura.  It means, what I was feeling in the shop is true.

Selenite complements all other crystals and instills deep peace and tranquility. This is also one case where bigger is better. I always recommend acquiring the largest piece one's budget can accommodate and multiple pieces. Wherever Selenite is placed, it counteracts any negative vibration and protects against any negative influence.
It's amazing. We spent a total of $72.90 (2 trips) at Secret Crystals. That's too much for so few items. Bro said since the shop always has these customers who "dump" their negative problems there, we won't be going back. We have enough items as it is & it's too costly.

We are just buying what we need to test. Not collectors.

Update: 10:28pm Sat 3 Dec: The 3rd shop is Harmony Gem Crystals. With Secret Crystals & Harmony Gems, we have overspent. These rocks are just too expensive. Beautiful but expensive. Also, these shop owners are rich. Look at their opening hours. Clearly, they don't need  the money. I asked bro, "Is it the crystals that made them rich or they were rich & it so happened they like crystals?". 



No comments: