Monday 26 July 2021

Recruitment Agency DS human resource


Avoid. Terrible agents. Uncouth, unreliable, rude. Avoid DS if possible. They pay but ...

In the months since taking up jobs, I have felt very insecure in terms of payments, their sudden changes to procedures & their unreliable & missing agents who frequently turn up late.

The previous agent was an irresponsible, immature fellow who often appeared late & with a smile. The agent before him was a female with a baseball cap, shitty face, uncouth manners & rude attitude.

The latest agent is a plump female with a shit-face, shitty mouth & shitty attitude to match. I am certain many who signed up have been offended by her. Terribly rude. Mentally unstable, unreasonable & stupid.

On the phone, in front of everyone, she inflates herself by loudly & rudely dismissing someone who has yet to arrive at the appointed time.

For whose benefit is the loud, rude voice for?  To show off in front of the RWS male managers & flirt with them better? Obviously these agents forget whose money they are taking. They take their commission out of every worker's pay & don't even have the decency to be polite.

Why? Because they have no respect for people.  Pimps. To them, a person is just a mule that they send to work. Replaceable.

They never think that for every worker lost, particularly a good & reliable one, they lose many hours of commission that they could've gotten out of that person. That's why such agents are stupid. Certainly, they have lost me for good.

I have always avoided recruitment agencies & their agents. But recently signed up with DS for some urgently needed cash inflow.

For so many months, I have been wanting to stop.  The last time was supposed to be a few weeks ago, but I found myself working another 5 more times because I needed the money. It was most certainly a drag every time going there.

This early morning would have been the 6th time, but thanks to the shitty agent's madness, I finally had the chance of walking away & don't need to look back. I finally don't have to work for DS anymore or go back to that shitty place!

I can finally walk away from:

1) The age discriminatory name calling by the RWS managers & the "captains".
2) The lowly, boring, long-hours job.
4) The low pay that is supposed to be the "highest in the industry".
5)  The missing or very late agent who causes everyone to be late because everyone is waiting for the T-pass without which, no one can get a uniform in the goddamn hotel.
6) The stupid requirement for the ridiculous little paper T-pass that forces me to take the same pass from TCC (another agency) every time because the stupid DS agent who has the damn "pass" is never around on time.
7) The stupid, uneducated people that I have had to put up with.

Welcome to Singapore.

All for the sake of money. Peanuts for my entire day. And yet I continue booking slots whenever they pop up. Which brings me to point number 8:

8) DS job slots are very seldom, unpredictable & very few. Two to three weeks can go by without a single job appearing on their App. Consequently, you cannot survive on the payout. It works very poorly as a source of income.

9) The stated payout is supposed to be the next day before midnight. But often, the pay doesn't arrive in your bank account for various reasons. When you ask for it, the "boss" Desmond or his agent will be clueless. Or your money arrives late at night which is difficult if you need the money in the daytime. Very stressful waiting for your money to appear in your bank account.

10)  At first, people complained about their DS App. Personally, I had trouble loading up photos into the thing for some reason. Never been able to fix it on my side. Consequently, my profile photo was not my face.

Then there was the T-pass, which is a charred (blackened) photocopied, small rectangle piece of paper that the agent was to issue to those working a slot. When the agent is late or missing, how are you going to get in?

No T-pass = no uniform because the idiotic RWS staff won't give you one, as if a terrorist is going to bother queuing up for a uniform just to get in. Who the heck wants to come all the way, just to get a damn uniform in your damn hotel? Of course, it's a damn staff coming to work for peanuts.

I got around to fixing that problem with taking TCC's T-pass which TCC always kindly leaves hidden around for its mules. Fortunately, TCC's T-pass was often reliably there for the taking.... until a few days ago when the TCC agent kept the T-pass & would only give it to TCC workers.

Then, DS suddenly came up with a new procedure: selfie taking. What was wrong with signing in & out with a pen on an official attendance sheet that has been working so well?

At that point, I was quite ready to quit before the procedure was officially "launched". I have nothing against digital but if it threatens what worked best, then I opt out because I have seen enough of the consequences of people signing out at the end of the day. They become a mob that is so difficult to control that the managers have had to yell for order. I myself barely managed to be the first or the first few who sign out & get out before the mob entirely swamps the managers.

The recruitment agencies & their agents don't know this because they aren't there at the end of the day.

*This post was done 2.5 years ago but was not posted. I am posting it now 26 July 2021.


No comments: