Thursday 26 August 2021

Z.com webhost webhosting Review

Update: 31 Aug 2021 Tues

Their support is fast although not 24/7. When they do get online, it's responsive and helpful. They offered to link my site to Google for me. Wow. But I already managed to do it myself.

It just takes a while to learn their cPanel and how everything works. It does take some time. Since I already bought the domain name, I have to make it work. I just got Google to recognize/verify my domain name without "Support" help as it was a Sunday. But the site is still not appearing on my phone Google. 

-----------

3.26pm 26 Aug Thurs 2021

Just 2 days after paying $24.61 ($2/month on their website) for 1 year's sign-up whereby I tried and couldn't even get a Wordpress theme up on my website...  I got a domain name & that was all. The cPanel was useless.

Their customer chat quoted me in PHP currency. Weird. Can't she see in her system that I am from Singapore? And here in this screenshot, it shows they are using Philippines as their center. If I had known it's not Japan, I wouldn't have signed up.

I find today I can't access my cPanel due to their maintenance. I don't know if the more expensive Bluehost or Dreamhost do that. They are more expensive in that they require 3 years' up front payment to get the same price per month as Z.com that requires just 1 year's up front of just $26+ ($24.61 with GST + $2.62 bank transfer using debit card to pay). 

Prior to paying, I found only 1 brief good comment on Z.com. No other reviews. Z.com seems to belong to a big company GMO (?), so I thought it should be ok... And it seemed Europe and US don't know of Z.com that operates in Asian regions with HQ in Japan. 




No comments: