Thursday 1 December 2011

Fed up with Reds Salon @ Takashimaya

*not happy*

After going to a few salons, the conclusion is so-called hairstylists are all weird. Attitude problem. Bro says it's because of the low pay.

Reds salon Celia told me she gets no lunch breaks because she has customers waiting. Someone among the staff brings to her takeaway food.

Well, then does that mean it's Ok for her to display an attitude problem with her customers?

Tired of going to her everytime, I went to JCut @ Suntec. Mr Paul Tan was worse than Celia. Worst haircut I ever got.

Tonight (Thurs at 8.05 p.m.), I went back to Reds salon. The receptionist was rude. I asked whether there would be a long wait to cut my hair. She and another girl at the counter did not even look up even after I had spoken.

When one of them looked up, she said, "Huh?" in a rude tone.

I have had it with receptionist women as well. Untrained, uneducated, most likely foreigners. All they have is a head of large hair. It amazes me why I don't just tell them off right then and there.

It's because I don't bother telling off such people. They are of a lower...level. In other words, unrefined, coarse. Their world is small, their view is small. What is there to argue with such people?

I realize the salon looked empty, but I did not know it was near to closing time. There was no need for her to behave in that way.

Reds Salon, you need to train your front line staff and hairstylists.

Oddly, the only thing good about Reds (so far), is their hair-washing ladies who are pretty, polite, friendly and down-to-earth.

Even at Jcut, the hair-washer was polite and her skill excellent.

Tonight, when the rude receptionist asked whether I had a particular stylist I wanted and I said no, and she said 'Celia'-- I said "don't want Celia".

So, gave me another stylist.

I didn't know her name at first, but she seemed busy and frowned while walking about. Not a good sign, but she was called forth and accepted the job.

Led me to a chair where she asked how I'd like mine cut. I told her and she said Ok. She'd get someone to wash my hair first, because right now, it's too "messy" to see a style.

The word "messy" jabbed me a little.

Shouldn't a hairstylist have better public relations than saying a customer's hair is "messy"?

Looking in the mirror... Ok, admittedly, my hair is quite messy, because of what Mr Paul Tan @ Jcut did to it previously.

After the wash and dry, she returned later with apology because she had been attending to a man to my right. She was handling 3 customers at the same time, including me.

I said it's Ok.

Her cutting was Ok. not much styling, done fast. In between, she went back to the man on my right and came back with apology again.

Again, I said it's Ok.

When she was done, we went to the back to get my hair rinsed out. I had wanted to ask for her name earlier, but thought to ask later.

She was still rinsing my hair, when I asked, "What is your name?".

Instead of replying, she walked away, telling a girl to continue on me, because she was very busy.

I think she heard my question, but still, just walked away. I said it loud enough while she was still rinsing my hair.

The excuse would be she was in a hurry and so didn't hear the question. But I don't think so.

She has a keen sense of hearing.

#1: I was surprised she knew I had been to the salon before, that this wasn't my first time, and she pointed to the receptionist counter, saying she heard. The only thing she could have heard, was my comment that I didn't want Celia. But at that time, she wasn't near the receptionist counter but hovering around behind.

#2: she was cutting my hair when she suddenly added her comment to what a woman said in the background, when I had not heard any raised voices.

So, she definitely heard my question while rinsing my hair. But chose to walk away. I only asked so that I could name her, if I should require her again next time.

After the young hair-washing lady took over from her and completed the job, I went back to my seat. The hair-washer followed and I asked what was the name of my stylist. She said Rita and spelled it.

Later, I picked the namecard. Rita Ho. She had sounded like a Hong Kee with a Hong Kee accent.

Displeased with her. Displeased with Reds all over again since Celia.

Mm. Fine, take it that she did not hear me.

The haircut alone is Ok, no special scissorings or whatever, the back was done rather well. $42.80...

Mm.... (hungry)....

No, I'm still displeased.

No comments: