Thursday 12 January 2012

Days...

Day...since last Sat... Day 7. A week since I last swum, and I think wounded the fibroid that got worse and gave my lower back hell.

I'm now typing at a distance of... I can't get the tape measure...The laptop screen is more than arm's length away, it's sitting on a cardboard box of the right height, but too far away.

Bro is fashioning a table that can be closer to me...trying to cut the cardboard box that he had bought the fan in for me 2 days ago because my old fan couldn't gear up to speed.

Too bad, the fan box isn't working. So I asked him to check Daiso plastic section for anything that might work as a table top in bed. Like those breakfast bed tables, you know.


I try not to move as much as possible. Just lay in a semi-sitting position in bed, propped with a pillow behind and that's it.

Bro thinks maybe Ikea might have. I said it doesn't have to be exactly a bed table. Just the function will do.

I'm lying perpendicularly in my bed, half of my legs outside on a swivel chair that is no longer in use recently but I refuse to discard. Had a feeling the swivel chair would come in useful. Had bought a new chair to replace it back then, but ironically/coincidentally now that I'm not up to par, I'm not using.

My poor bro is more stressed about my condition that me. He hasn't slept well at all since last week, and has been taking care of me (getting my food, bringing it to my bedside, searching online for more information on the condition).

I told him to take afternoon rest, don't be so stressed. Right now, all we can do is wait. According to online discussions by US women, it would seem a condition of degenerating fibroids that will take 2~4 weeks before feeling better. But those are pregnant women describing very super tough conditions that they went through.

I told bro those women deserve medals. My goodness. How is it even humanly possible to bear so much pain as they have done is beyond anything. Pregnant and with fibroids. Super double pain.

Dad just came home and asked me to go for blood transfusion. Since he don't understand a thing, I had to explain how much of a quack the doctors are.

Bro just came home from buying a tier rack shelf thing for me...


I told dad to not be so stressed (since he was sighing in front of me).  He said his blood pressure went up, etc etc... cannot sleep at night thinking about my problem etc...


I said there's no point worrying because worrying doesn't help. What I need is information and solution. If he has information on TCM, then fine. If not, nothing to be done.

Now, all we can do, or all I can do, is wait for whatever is the natural cycle to pass.

After explaining and talking to him so much, he still mentioned that maybe I should consider surgery. I got so fed up, I told him off that I waste my time talking to him. I glanced at the clock and said that while explaining to him, my day is gone.

If he don't understand, then fine. I am looking for alternative healing. Not more problems from people who don't understand the condition and propose things that will cause complications and more pain.

I'll try another go at writing today.

P/S: the silly hot water bottle doesn't help. It stinks of rubber/silicon. Gave me rash upon contact with skin. Its heat made me feel worse and made my backache worse.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,Hope you are recovering well.
Well wishes and good luck.
Missing your writings
Ra

zinepin said...

Thanks, Ra.