Friday 27 January 2012

Ebay SG Singapore & Pinkbox Waterton/Konlinehouse Korea Shopping Service Post Comment

Mm... such stupidity these days. Quite annoying.

I don't like using the "s" word, but it has become necessary these days. No point going around it with lesser and less accurate words.

At first, had ideas of what the first post should be, after the brief absence. Practically typed it out in my head a few nights. But then... things always get in the way, like this:

1) Ebay SG. 

Received Ebay e-mail message this morning, that someone just purchased a set of new cosmetics I was selling. At the same time, there was a 2nd Ebay e-mail saying my a/c was restricted.

Assuming my Ebay message box was also restricted, I sent e-mail to the buyer, thanking her for her purchase with payment details. After that, I signed into my Ebay a/c and realized the message box was fine. So, I sent the same message to the buyer's Ebay account.

Every time I get message from Ebay SG that someone has "bought" my items, I can't rejoice until the person actually makes the payment. Ebay SG has so many bad buyers that usually they don't pay for all sorts of reasons.

To be polite, when someone has "bought" an item, I'd say "Thanks for your purchase", although nothing has been purchased yet and the item is still mine until the money comes through. 

This time, was no surprise to receive her reply through e-mail:  (Joanne Ong joanne.chiam@gmail.com)
Sorry but I did a wrong click.

"did a wrong click".

How possible is that?

First, there's the big blue Ebay "Buy It Now" button right beside the price. One would need to place the cursor on that button and click it.

Is it possible to do a "wrong click"?

How about after clicking and the price slowly sinking in....she suddenly realized she didn't have the money to pay (or changed her mind about buying)?

Even if it was an accidental click, shouldn't she send a sincere message first to apologize? Why wait till receiving my message with payment details, then say "did a wrong click"?

It is unlikely the click was accidental.
I don't know what young girls like her are thinking these days and how they were brought up. What else can she be, except one of those young flippy floppy girls (unless it's a young floppy "he")?

The new generation are very poorly raised, ever since parents went to work and stopped taking care of their own kids.

The future generation will be worse because they are currently being "raised" by foreigners such as Filipinos, Indos and (goodness no) China-ese.

On a plus side, at least she had the decency to reply that she "did a wrong click". Some others would have just kept quiet and pretend they didn't exist.

Then comes the question...Would it matter if they didn't exist?

-----------

Due to the "wrong click",  I can't put the listing back on (unable to put up for sale again), because Ebay now has this ridiculous policy where only a certain number of items can be listed. After that, there is no way to re-list or to change any of the listings, until their bid times all expire at the same time and they are all put back up at the same time.

To change something in a listing, it would then only be possible to put only this listing up. The other items/listings would be denied.

Example, if you had 20 items/listings, you would need to re-list all of them at once.  If you made a change to 1 of them and then re-listed it, you wouldn't be able to re-list the rest. Ebay will say you have exceeded the "limit" of the number of items you can sell, which is insane. It's a bug (among others) or some absurd policy that started some time back.

2) Comment from a she/he/it about Korea Shopping Service Konlinehouse/Pinkbox Review here.

I posted this review of a Korea shopping service that I had used, partly because I knew it would be searched on Google. Meaning, this new blog site would have some traffic from it.

It was a certainty that people would be looking for a review on this shopping service (Konlinehouse/Pinkbox) website, in order to know whether they should trust it or use it. My review would be sought for and found. At that time, it would be the only review available on this shopping service website (it still probably is the only one, I haven't checked).

Since posting it, I've had (not surprisingly), people asking for free information on "reliable" Korea shopping service websites.

When I ran ads looking for erotic/sensuous massage from suitable ladies, women (who don't do their own homework) would ask me if I have found one, and to let them know when I've found one.

At first, I replied without temper. Subsequently, I just told them off to go look on their own instead of riding free on my information that I am seeking on my own effort and time.

Here I am, trying my best to look, hoping and waiting, and finding it difficult (because there hasn't been anyone matching my requirements). And there, these women are not only not offering to provide what I'm seeking, but dare to ask for a handout.

I don't know why women always take, expecting freebies, taking for granted.

Men on the other hand, so far I've found online, freely give information (even though I was looking for women in my ads).

One guy's message made me realize another type of massage that I had never heard of at that time: Tantric/Tantra. He said from my description, it might be what I'm looking for. (It wasn't).

Another guy said he wasn't offering to give me massage, and didn't know how to anyway, but he knew a woman whom he thinks might be suitable and gave me her number (she ultimately turned out to be bad).

There are other times when men have provided information and comfort to me online. But women...

Be they customers, lover or friend... online or offline, gay or not, I can't think of a woman (non-family) who has impressed me positively.

Sure, they impress me all the time actually... I get surprised by their... silliness, ridiculousness, appalling attitude, language and behavior, shallowness, hollowness... I'm just shocked (deadpan).

Now, the latest comment about the shopping service website, asked the same as the others: whether I know of any reliable Korea shopping service and to e-mail her/him/it.

As I have done for the others who asked, I sent her a link to a website that I know is reliable.  In her case, I added that the website would be suitable if she was in Singapore.

Her reply, without a "thanks" or even a "hi":
isn't it just advertising for yours? -.-
Now, consider: If I wanted to advertise something of mine, don't you think I'd put out the link every time someone posted a comment asking for a reliable Korea shopping service website?

Whether I'm advertising or not, the fact is, she asked first. If she did her own homework and didn't ask, I wouldn't need to have to "talk" to her, now would I?

My reply:
You're free to think whatever you like.
Since you asked, there's a link provided to you.
Alternatively, you can search on your own.
Her reply:
sure cause it looks like it. i wasn't asking for services based in singapore, there are plenty of that around if i wanted. so thanks, but no thanks.

Point of fact:  There aren't many Korean services based in Singapore (or based in the US or anywhere else).

The Koreans are very closed in terms of exporting their stuff to the rest of  the world (unlike Japan). Not many people have direct Korean contacts.  Very, very few Koreans offer shopping service.

The Koreans do not generally have incentive to "help" people buy stuff from Korea.

If she wanted a direct Korea shopping service,  she should have said so, then I would have told her to go search on her own. I can only provide information on what I know to be "reliable".

What is this "thanks, but no thanks"? It's not as if I'm peddling the information. When someone provides information/help, regardless of whether it's useful, say "Thanks".  This is the least a person can do to show appreciation.

As mentioned, if she didn't ask, I wouldn't reply. Whether she's asking for services in Singapore or not, it is not a given that an answer is owed to her. Don't take it for granted that people owe her freebie information.

Whether she's looking for a shopping service based in Singapore or not, whether she finds it or not... Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

------------

As an aside: While I've criticized others for being poorly raised, my search for an erotic/sensuous massage from women is different from it. It is not a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Take it in context.  Shouldn't an apology for a "wrong click" be sent immediately to the seller? For Ebay SG, there is nothing I can do regarding such buyers. But I wonder what about Ebay US or Europe? Is there any recourse for sellers against these sort of buyers? (probably also not, since Ebay has unfairly sided with buyers).

And that silly girl's "thanks but no thanks", without a "hi" or "thanks" for something given? I wonder if she's from Singapore... It is a sad fact that flippy floppy girls are plenty there. Then again... US girls can be as bad... (recalls a particularly bad one).

Why do I say it's a "she"?

1) Girls/women are more likely into shopping online than men. They cannot resist pretty images and are not as practical as men when shopping.
2) Her tone sounds female (silly, know-nothing, annoying, rude).

Ever since meeting such people online... I've become tired of being "correct". These days, sometimes, I actually don't bother capitalizing the beginning of sentences in some messages to some people whom I feel fed up with.

Yeah, it may sound funny, but capitalization does take effort. It shows respect, consideration, a desire to impress upon the other person positively or negatively, and for crystal clarity.

Unfortunately, while I take some breaks in being "correct", I still try to be mostly "correct" and I still make effort here and there.

Update in the evening:

Regarding "I can't think of a woman (non-family) who has impressed me positively", I recall that some time back, there was an Ebayer from Hong Kong who purchased cosmetics and actually made prompt payment. She was also nice enough to thank me when she received the package and for the "nice wrapping". She meant the bubble wrap that I used to protect the item.

2 comments:

Traveller said...

Good one! BTW, are you back to feeling well now? And speaking of massages, had my best experience ever...in KL. :)

zinepin said...

Well, that's good for you... to have enjoyed the best massage experience in KL.

Currently, still not 100%.