Monday 23 December 2013

Laksania @ Bugis Plus + (food restaurant review)


One word: Lousy. 

It is what bro said when I asked him what he thought of it when we left.

We were hungry on Friday 20 Dec. I suggested we try it.

Ordered Laksa Fried Rice even though the menu picture didn't look good.  A paste and fried rice can't go together. That is something I personally tried doing some time back. So I know.

Can this Laksa Fried Rice be any better? No.  My own normal fried rice that I cook is better.

Bro was very hungry since he almost finished everything. For him, finishing everything does not mean it's good.

After 2 spoons of the stuff, I was ready to stop. It is the sort of place that the food is so bad you just want to walk out without paying (because they don't deserve it).

Service was poor or bland. Or pretty much non-existent. No water served unless you want to pay $0.50 each.  Never order from a restaurant that does not serve water. 

Bro commented that if they are so stingy that they will not serve water as a basic gesture of welcome, it also means they are stingy on ingredients.  So how good can their food be?

Since no water, we ordered 1 Gula Melaka Tea.  Their gimmick. By not providing water (or providing it at a cost), the customer will think to might as well order a "proper" drink at full cost.

I asked if it was Earl Grey. The woman staff said "Hong Cha" (red tea, which is a Chinese tea).

Gula Melaka does not go with tea. But just to test if it would be better than expected, I ordered it.  It was bad. The Gula Melaka was so much, so sickeningly thick-sweet, it blocked any taste of tea.



No comments: