Thursday 23 February 2012

Going Organics 2

Update 7 March Wed: Watsons @ VivoCity has resumed selling the Hurraw lip balms and Eco products as of now. The soap smells really sweet and delicious.

--------------------------------
(First posted  in Fridae)

2012-02-23 15:59

At the moment, you all have just been spared my unforgiving and unhappy comments about gay women (and men) here and in the "About Me" section, by a Fridae woman who replied to my SMS some minutes ago (this morning when typing this).

Thus, I am appeased...

Another Fridae woman "morimoto" however, deserves mention, because her SMS ended strangely and abruptly without reply last night.

I guess this will be mentioned again in another post some time in future.

Problem sending e-mail to my Korean contact has just been solved.

My SMS sent this morning was received (surprised and relieved). I think it's lousy Yahoo. Keeps bouncing back my e-mails to my Korean contact with mail delivery failure messages (after 1~2 days after I had sent).
------------

*sees my profile at the right side of screen* Why is my profile appearing under Featured Profiles"?

----------------

At the moment, also intending to purchase Sanctum Organics Moisture Day cream  online. Googling for website to buy from.

Not the first time seeing this brand that I didn't know is Australian. Yesterday was the second time I saw and tried one of the products (Moisture Day cream) @ The Naturally Better Company @ Millenia Walk (at a small separate space inside PARCO first level).

Price $88. Sales lady informed there's a 10% discount (which would still make it pretty expensive, I thought).

What's interesting is that when pumped, it comes out in 2 separate colors (white and toffee brown). When mixed, the 2 creams combine beautifully moist and creamy on the skin of the hand (during testing).

The scent is nice and the consistency is creamy when mixed, almost like honey, but not thick. It's a very nice and smooth texture to spread evenly, leaving the skin very soft, smooth and moisturized.

I guess it might leave a stickiness if used on the face, though can't really confirm it since I tested it on my hand which was smoothly moisturized after application.

It's a face moisturizer, and the 2 colors coming out separately reminds me of ...another brand at Watsons (the one that has 2 columns in 1 tube).

Unfortunately, while talking to the sales lady about the price, whether it was the Moisture Day or Moisture Control that I wanted and the expiry dates, I saw a red dot on the expiry date of the sample bottle.

A  red dot that covered the expiry date well.

Of course, I peeled it off to see the date. 06 2011.

Last year? June?

How could she still be having this bottle as a sample for people to try??

It's more than 6 months old!

I told her that it's expired and that I had just already applied it on my hand.

She said it's Ok like it didn't matter (of course, because it's not her skin).

Even if it's just a 1-time application on the hand... I'm amazed that this bottle of sample had expired more than 6 months ago. And a red dot has conveniently been placed over it.

She seems a nice lady, but... I'm very surprised that this has been done. I've not seen other sales staff there, so I don't think it's been done by other sales ladies.

Regarding the expiry date on the box of the Moisture Day Cream, it's a few months later this year. Pretty close to now, and tells me it's been a long while since it's been imported.

I don't think a cosmetic product would have only a few months shelf-life. Importation alone takes a month or two.

This, plus the fact that it ain't cheap, and the fact that the expiry date of the sample bottle was deliberately hidden, made me decide not to buy.

(Strange that the Moisture Day doesn't seem able to be found online. Could be old/discontinued product).

I only purchased a Hurraw lip balm that I came for, remembering that it is the only one among all the flavors that gives a tint to the lips.

Yesterday, memory was refreshed--Black Cherry tinted lip balm @ $8.50.

Previously, I had bought the Moon Night lip balm (vanilla flavor) from Millenia Walk at $10.50,  and it's been good. So, I returned yesterday to buy the balm that would give some color to my lips.

Unfortunately, Watsons used to sell items from The Naturally Better Company but stopped recently. Watsons charged $1 more though.

I bought the Eco orange and Patchouli body wash from Watsons previously and it was just Ok, nothing great for the price of $18. Not especially hydrating or moisturizing. http://naturallybetterco.wordpress.com/brands/ecostore/bodyhandcare/

But the Moon Night Treament lip balm is good. The moisture stays and is very light on the lips.

As mentioned in Female magazine Feb issue (that I read while my feet were being attended to at Nails@The Lacquer Room @ VivoCity), the Hurraw lip balm slides on smooth and easy. Not sticky, and no fake-tasting flavors.

The best lip balm I've ever used. Even better than Lip Infusion Moisture Splash by Blistex from Watsons. The original lip splash is better than the Cherry flavor. http://www.blistex.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=73.

For the Cherry Splash, what this reviewer said is true. It's been a while since I used it and forgotten. http://beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.com/2011/08/blistex-lip-infusion-cherry-splash.html

It does dry out very fast on the lips, leaving the lips even drier and thirstier. The original splash stays the lips moist only just a little longer, and leaves the lips quite dry as well, but overall, better than the Cherry.


Here are the best lip balms I've ever tried:

Hurraw! Black Cherry Tinted and Moon Night Treatment lip balms. And the website. The Naturally Better Company is actually an umbrella company for a few organic brands:

According to the website, the Moon balm "lends a gorgeous green-blue color", but actually, there's no such color in the stick or when applying.

The black cherry tinted balm does give a nice, slight pinkish gloss to the lips.  According to the sales lady, it gives the lips a natural color. Very smooth to apply. I like it very much. Lovely color on the lips with a light moisture.

The flattish, elliptical design is also very unique.



No comments: