Sunday 8 July 2012

Hakuoki Season 1 and Season 2

9 July (Mon) early morning after midnight.

This anime is unstoppable. I haven't been able to stop watching episode after episode. I told my bro who noticed I was glued to my desk:  Bloody Japs are damn good at anime. 

Finished Season 1 today, watched in 2 or 3 days. 12 episodes. Started Season 2 this evening (Ep 13 onwards). 

According to anime news network, Season 2 followed 4 months after Season 1 finished airing. Pretty close, meaning, they must have had Season 2 already planned and in progress all the while. 

Season 1's episode 12 followed smoothly into Ep13 (Season 2). Season 2 is even better (10 episodes). 

It is now 25 mins past midnight. I have to stop to sleep. Stopped at episode 18. Continue tomorrow with the rest. Left 4 more episodes till end of Season 2. 

All episodes from the last link (on Ep 5) given in the post here on Hakuouki Reimeiroku, can be watched on animeshippuuden.com

While watching Season 2, I noted my feelings: 

Hakuouki Hekketsu-roku (Season 2)

Cherry blossoms theme scenes in this anime beautiful.

Season 2 Ep 1 (Ep 13) I love the music towards the end. When Hijikata unexpectedly holds up Chizuru's chin, and when she sees him in western clothes for the first time. 


No privacy... (I was thinking luckily Hijikata didn't kiss her):


On western clothes:

After Saito, as though it weren't enough, the camera moves to... I knew who it was going to be...I almost choked on my excitement as the camera starts from his feet... My god. Hijikata.

Saito may be handsome but Hijikata wins. 

Saito-san: 
 

Hijikata-san, as the camera pans up from his feet:

Legs now crossed like a westerner, his hand with his fingers on his katana like that. He doesn't know how crazy it drives the girls (the animators certainly know), all innocent as Chizuru stares wide-eyed.

 
 


Ep 17 Why don't Hijikata launch a rescue.. of Kondou-san? I believe it's possible even without the rest of the guys. What purpose to continue with the army to Aizu? Without Kondou-san.

Ahh... *sighs* Poor Hijikata (seeing him bending to Chizuru's neck, beautiful music playing). A proud man reduced to this...  and having to say he is sorry.

 
 


Hijikata satiated: after Chizuru tells him she will always remain at his side.

Ep 18  http://www.animeshippuuden.com/hakuouki-shinsengumi-kitan-episode-18/

Hijikata was at Tsuruga jo (Tsuruga castle)?  For a moment, I hoped for an explanation of what I felt when I was at the castle when I visited it. Did he perhaps stand where I stood up on that ridge?

But no. He didn't reach it but had to stop at a shophouse. Was to meet up with gang at Aizu. Sano dies. Was to meet up with Shinpachi.

Okita Souji... dies.

What is Hijikata left to protect now? (Chizuru) What is there left for him to live for? (Chizuru). What is he fighting for? (Shinsengumi that he built together with Kondou).

Is it all worth it? Is it all worth...losing their lives for? Losing everything for? Shinsengumi. What is it anyway?

They are fighting for a life to stay. If I were they, I would fight also, because it is the only life and living I know. To live a life no longer of the sword... I do not know how. I dare not. It is as good as death. To die then, to die now. Might as well die now fighting for a life I live for. There is no loss.

No comments: