Tuesday 21 August 2012

Faith Episode 3 The Great Doctor (English Sub/Translation)


I know why Choi Young always sleeps. ^_^ It's because he uses electricity, energy consumption is high.

Since the English subs are not out yet, I have to watch the Chinese subbed version first. ^_^ Very exciting, good episode. Even better than Ep2. Chinese subbers are faster than English.  I couldn't wait to watch it. So, watched it this morning. It is now 9 p.m., and still no Eng subbed version. 

I was thinking I didn't need to translate if the Eng subbed version was already out. But... it's not and I want to see it all over again! 

For Episode 2, I watched it 3~4 times! It's that good.

Episode 3 (I've translated some of this below from "Source 2" that is more accurate. Chinese subs): http://www.mapledramas.com/node/56898/%E4%BF%A1%E7%BE%A9%28%E7%A5%9E%E9%86%AB%29-%E7%AC%AC3%E9%9B%86-the-faith-ep-3/

Raw version on different website: http://www.epdrama.com/faith-the-great-doctor/faith-the-great-doctor-episode-3/

Jang: What do you think you're doing?
Heaven's Doc:  Already said need to open his stomach. Need to open up the abdomen.
Jang: You said you were going to save him. Yet you're going to worsen the wound.
HD:  Opening of the abdomen is between the chest and navel.  Then it can be seen where is the damage. If just leave the patient to bleed, don't even mention surgery, it's death for certain. So please release my hand.

Royal guard A: So how is it?
Royal guard B: Our captain is Ok, right? The Doc from Heaven is saving him, right?
Royal guard sighs: At the moment, they are arguing.

Jang: You stabbed him. Now you say you are saving him. How can I believe you?
HD: Believe me!
Jang: How can I? 
HD: Didn't you guys say I'm from Heaven? So, believe me.

White-haired guy: Chun Um Ja to see you. 
Bad guy: The Yuan princess is still alive. She must die!
Servant: I will handle it immediately.
Bad guy: How long will it take?
Servant: A day.
Bad guy: A day? You can finish this in a day when it has taken me so many years to plan? I'm really useless. You can accomplish in a day what has taken me so much effort for so many years. Till today, still achieved nothing.
Servant: It is my slip of the tongue. 
Bad guy: Get rid of one king, put up another. Now this king is serving me the entire country on a silver platter.  For this moment, I have not had a moment's good sleep.  Not truly laughed for even a moment. The result? The yuan princess is still alive. 
White-haired guy: Yes.
Bad guy: How can it be?
White-haired guy: Senior sis has already departed. Please wait another day. If it's senior sis, success is certain.
Bad guy: That so?
White-haired: You know her. She is a fire wielder. 
Bad guy: Yuan princess has to die. Absolutely cannot allow that woman to enter our country alive.  It is not in my plan. 
White-haired: I know.
Bad guy: That person..
White-haired: Yes.
Bad guy: He knows too much.
White-haired: Yes.

HD: Luckily the stomach is Ok. Then there won't be the danger of auto-digestion. Now we begin sewing up the liver. The artery needs to be clamped to prevent bleeding. As for the smaller vessels, it's  a problem. Which is your biggest needle in your collection? It's too big. That one. Hold that clamp for me, I want to cauterize the small vessels.  Begin to seal.   

(zine ed's note: Must the director show in such detail? It's making feel sick. I had to look away. When I watched it this morning, I just skipped/forwarded these parts. Now that I'm translating, I have to see whether there is any dialogue to translate.). 

Choi Young wakes in the morning. 

HD: Don't move! Put down your sword. Otherwise, I'll...
Choi Young: You'll what? First a stab, then stay up late to heal me. Now you want to stab me again, and again heal me.
Young guy: Captain! Captain!
Choi: How long have I been unconscious?
Young guy: Just a night. It is now morning.
Choi: Where is his highness? Should have left?
Young guy: Not yet.
Choi: WHY?
Young guy: His highness gave orders that we are all to wait. He said he wanted to leave together with Captain.
Choi: Damn it. Get my armor.

HD: What are you doing? Where are you going?
Royal Guard: Captain. Whoa... are you Ok?
Choi: Where is his highness?
Guard: Upstairs.
Guard B: Captain! Captain!
Guard C: How can this be?
Guard D: Are you Ok?
Guard E:  You made us so worried! We thought this time you were done for!
HD: Didn't you hear what I said? Absolutely need silent rest!  I say, it took such effort to seal your wound, what if it opens?
Choi calls a guard. 
Guard: Yes.
Choi calls another guy.
Guy: Yes. 
Choi: We're setting off immediately. Go prepare the boat. The boatman must be waiting.
The guys: We obey. 
HD:  You think this is just a small scratch, just stitch and it's fine? Your liver is damaged. I sewed one vessel by one vessel at a time, you know? 
Choi calls another guy. 
Guy: Yes.
Choi: Prepare to set out. 
HD: You...! Get back to your room and lay down to rest! I'll observe you till next morning. I will decide whether you can move around or not! And farting, you know farting? Not allowed to eat. Absolutely cannot eat a thing. And stitches will be removed after a week. Until then, you have to listen to me. Problem is...

Choi faints on her. 


Choi: Problem is... If we don't set out now,  we'll all be dead. At the moment, I can't fight off the enemy.
HD: W..Why?
Choi: Before farting, not allowed to eat, how can I have the energy to fight?
HD: No, I mean, why would we all die? Who is going to kill us? Why?
Choi walks away.
HD: You... !
Choi: They kidnapped you. It means they already know who you are.
HD: They?
Choi: Although I don't know how much they know...but before they come again, escape is the best strategy.
HD: Escape? Escape to where? Why should I flee? 
Choi: Can't you listen to me? 
HD: No, what I mean is...
Choi: To honor the promise that I'll send you back, can't have anything happen to you. I will keep protecting you. So, please don't even take a step away from me. Go get his highness and the empress, and prepare the carriages. 
HD: I ain't going! The door that can get me back, that hole, isn't it here? How can I leave here? I am not leaving. Not leaving! 
Choi: Dae-man.
Dae-man: Yes, captain. 
Choi: Think of something.

They set off.

HD: What kinda carriage is this, so bumpy. (takes pulse) Heart rate is stable. Color looks Ok. (thinks of Choi Young) This unreasonable, stubborn, idiot. Even if the stitching opens up, I am not going to care. I have done all I can, go ahead and sue all you want. 

At the inn that the guys just left. Woman in red arrives.

Woman: Innkeeper.
Innkeeper: Yes.
Woman: Bring me your best wine and food.
Innkeeper: Yes, yes.
Servant: They have set sail. I have indeed bound all the boats. Looks like they discovered...
Woman:  What to do...This isn't good. 
Servant: If you had set off the moment you received the order, we would have arrived at dawn at the latest, and would have been able to catch them. We waited for you till dawn. We even confirmed that their captain is seriously wounded. But..
Woman: Well, I couldn't help it. I had something on last night. As for what I was busy with... I will be shy mentioning it, so I'll not. So the one who let them off, is me?
Servant: They shouldn't have gone far. So...
Woman: If my training buds knew, it is inevitable they will jeer at me. You'll say I was lazily asleep and they escaped.
Servant: No.. I wouldn't dare.
Woman: I can't trust your words.
Servant: If we give chase now, I will not say anything.
Woman: How about this. It was you who betrayed us.
Servant: W.. what? 
Woman: Why did you betray us after taking the money? You couldn't take the beating and told everything. Anyway, by the time I got here, it was too late. Because you told them I was coming, so everyone left. See, there's no one left. You're too bad. So...  (Kills the guy.) So, I had no choice but to kill you. Sorry.

In the carriage.

HD: What's your name? I'm Yoo Eun Soo. Looks like I am older. You are? 
Princess: Boresubotasure. 
HD: What?
Princess: Daughter of Yuan King.
HD: Daughter of a king.  A princess. What kinda dream is this? Then, in that carriage in front is...
Princess: The king.
HD: King... Princess.. Just now, you said Yuan dynasty. You mean the yuan dynasty of China? Yuan dynasty, then my country is Goryeo. I study medicine, not good at history. Then here is... 
Princess: As reported just now, we have entered Goryeo. 
HD: Then I came here on a time machine? I came from Gangnam Korea to Goryeo. From 2012 to... what year is Goryeo? A few hundred years? A thousand? 
Princess: The warriors all saw, you came here through the heaven doorway. I heard it was the royal guard who took you here by force. And I know it was because of me. I'm very sorry.
HD: What kinda dream is this that's so long.... Ahhh... what to do...

In the bad guy's chamber.

Guy:  The king and gang have entered the capital. I've earlier set watchers there but seems not yet in hand. The people are flustered. All wondering how to treat this new king. How much loyalty to show. 
Bad Guy: I really want to know. How much loyalty they have for the new king. 
Guy:  How can it be compared to you.
Bad guy: They, even though born into luxury, plenty of land and plenty of servants. Belonging to the upperclass. But you know what is their greatest most powerful weapon? 
Guy: I am all ears.
Bad guy: Antenna. Who should I lean towards to benefit me? To get more land and more servants. They have mastered their antenna since they were born. So they are very reliable. I would like to know that antenna will point to whom.
Guy: Would you like to experiment?
Bad guy: Mm. Yes.
Guy: Your son... isn't it time to celebrate his coming of age?
Guy: My son? Why would that be?
Guy: Should be already right? Such a big affair, how can you hide it?
Bad guy: Yes, yes. A happy occasion needs to be celebrated.


(zine ed: Ok, I'll stop translating here as it's late. Towards the end, when Eun Soo cried about wanting a shower and going home and wanting Choi to accept treatment because of her guilt,  I found myself tearing up and a tear dripped down my left eye when I blinked. 

At first, I didn't get why she talked about wanting a shower and sleeping in her bed, and then caring for Choi so much that she persists in treating him (out of guilt). As she talked, I realized why she wanted to treat him so badly. But didn't matter that she wanted him to live because she wanted to go home. It's still sad. 

I really admire the part where she's not even intimidated by Choi even though he's so harsh. The instant he holds out his hand, she grabs it. Wow. 

I like that his men know him so well that he doesn't need to say anything and they understand (at times).  Like when Dae and him were rescuing her and Dae looked at his captain, understood completely and left.  And this instance when the men are behind him as he handles Eun Soo, and they all leave the moment he turns to look at them.

Re-watching it now (I realize "Source 2" of this Chinese subbed version is better/more accurate than "Source 1" above it that I watched in the morning. Source 1 isn't showing up at the moment)... I now see more clearly that she likes him... oooh... she likes him. ^_^ Using his promise as excuse for her caring as she puts the aspirin in his hand. 

Then it's very funny when Eun Soo tells the princess to "puck, puck" her lips to blend the lipstick. It's so womanly. ^_^ Woman helping woman. So warm, so cool of Eun Soo to do that for the princess. The sounds Eun Soo makes are just sooo cute. ^_^ No wonder Choi Young falls for her. She's just so... innocent, straightforward and cute. 

Also, I agree with Eun Soo that not being given proper meals is poor hospitality. I mean, come on. Heaven's doc should be given better treatment after saving the princess. Even if not heaven's doc, it's only proper hosting to give food and drink to guests. I don't understand why that servant girl is so... impolite and difficult. 

I like that elderly palace woman who turns out to be the king's foster mom. She looked at Choi Young and tsk-ed at him for not taking care of his body, instead of sympathizing (then he just released a tired "hmh" and turned away). I like that Choi smiled at her sheepishly when she approached him. 

I also feel that the love story between the king and empress is rather sad. All because of country. The empress actually loves him, I think. And the king also loves her. Just that... it seems to be the king is upset because he mistook her for one of his Goryeo people, but turned out she was a yuan princess. Yuan, that he hates and wants to get away from.)

The morning's version "Source 1" can also be watched here (but the translation towards the end about her legs is different from "Source 2". Source 1 = Choi is translated as telling her that she should "block a little of her below", then she looks down. (Doesn't quite make sense). 

However in "Source 2", more accurate, Choi is translated as saying that she should cover up her legs (because it's improper for a woman's legs to be exposed in this world):  'Source 1" = http://net.tv.game.tw/fashiondrama/2012-08-21/%E4%BF%A1%E7%BE%A9%28%E7%A5%9E%E9%86%AB%29-%E7%AC%AC3%E9%9B%86-The-Faith-Ep-3.html

As Eun Soo walks with Jang in the medicine garden, she keeps saying they don't have this, don't have that. I don't agree with Eun Soo that they have no medicine just because they are ancient. Antibiotics, I am sure those herbs can do it. "No medicine" is just ridiculous. All those bags of dried herbs hanging from the ceiling and those drawers of stuff... those are medicine if a doc knows how to use them. They should be even better or more powerful than modern-day drugs.  Jang may not understand the modern-day words of penicillin and tetracycline.  But if she tells him their function, I bet Jang will have the equivalent. Already, he has anesthetic (Ma Bi San) that he says he made. 

Then the part at the end, when Choi warned Eun Soo that he'd shut her mouth if she keeps saying he has some disease... I wonder how is he going to do that? ^_^ A kiss? ^___^


No comments: