Sunday 12 August 2012

Hakuouki 薄桜鬼・碧血録 君ノ記憶【追想・其の二】土×千 Hijikata & Chizuru


Which episode is this song from? Can't remember. The last episode?

Damn hot nights. Making me sweat. My short hair... feels so hot. 13Aug Mon 12.23 am.

I'm gonna read more of The 3rd Gate (Lincoln Child) after this. Just finished a revision/continuation of my novel. Gained inspiration after watching OVA 2 & 3 of Winter Cicada (yaoi anime). Toshiyuki Morikawa seiyuu's voice... I watched for it... found it somehow for Embracing Love (Haru wo Daiteita), then Winter Cicada (Fuyu no Semi) on Youtube.  I only watched from OVA 2 part 2 of Winter Cicada because the screen shot with the clothes on the grass on the Youtube side panel captured me.

His voice in my mind after I saw him in the sofa sex with seiyuu Miki Shinichiro and his gentleness and wonderfully deep gentle voice when he paired with Yukihito on the sofa in a later scene of Embracing Love.

I love his voice. Had to wait for another time (today) to watch properly when my bro wasn't around. Today, he was around, but...thought he was asleep and I could watch. Scully, he woke in his room just when I plugged into my earphones. Oh well... I couldn't stop watching now that I was already on. Just made sure to pause at non-sexual parts if I hear him coming.

Today, thinking of his voice, searched for him on my phone. Watched a little of his interview of 2011 where he talks about dubbing for Tom Cruise (wow, I didn't know that), before I had to leave my phone at home to go Meidiya for fish and meat shopping.  Hmm... should I finish watching it? Or read The 3rd gate and leave the interview for other time? I'm hungry and it's late.

Update:  A minute later. Ahhahaha... I watched the rest of the interview, where I left off this afternoon.  I had been thinking (and disappointed) that his speaking voice in the interview is normal, not deep like he usually does. Awwww....  But in the interview, he explains that he actually does not have a low voice. And he has both high and low voice ranges (is it? I only always hear the deep voice of his in his anime and have never heard he has a  "high" voice unlike the insanely high-pitched Ryotaro Okiayu seiyuu in El Hazard who can also go very low).

Pity that Cruise don't even bother meeting up with him (who does his voice in Japanese), despite approving of (?) the seiyuu doing more Japanese dubs of his movies.  It's not obvious if Morikawa is a fan, though he seems hopeful in rubbing shoulders with a Hollywood celebrity, but I wonder if he still feels the same with Tom Cruise divorced in a ... questionable way recently. Doesn't Morikawa know that Cruise has a strange religion thing?

Morikawa is very calm doing this interview in LA. Surprisingly. He doesn't blush or sweat. Just very calm and collected. Wow.

Birth year 1967  (older than me and younger looking). I was telling bro this afternoon after watching a little of the interview and seeing his bio in Wiki, that the sun is kind to Japanese and Taiwanese people. Their age never shows on their faces. They look so young, so fair.  *taking the calculator now* 2011 - 1967 = 44. WAHHhhh *KO* He's 44 in the interview!  Impossible!

No wonder so calm. At that age.

Oh yeah, I was disappointed when he talked about being able to get along with a female colleague (?) because they are about the same age, because I thought he was different and above such thinking. What has age got to do with compatibility or being able to get along because of being the same/similar ages? "Our ages are close so we get along really well.".

I find it ridiculous and absurd that Korea and now seems to me Japan, have this thinking. What's the matter with these people?

Also... I have been wondering whether there are schools or how voice actors start out in Japan, and Morikawa said in the interview that there are schools for voice acting (he came from Katsuya).  Hmm... then my thought is... it means there would be plenty of grads spilling out of those academies (meaning the anime industry can't shut). Does everybody get a job in voice acting upon graduation? Or... how hard is it getting into the line? Pulling strings? Unique voice?

*smiling* After hearing Morikawa's voice as Sephiroth. Japanese voices are still better than American (American voices sound very fake). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqTYqBHCbb4 Curious about Morikawa's appearance in that anime expo as voice of Sephiroth (I suppose that interview was done in conjunction with the expo (?), same year), I looked up Final Fantasy on Youtube. Final Fantasy VII? Hmm...

Winter Cicada... touching but I know the reality of gay guys is not like that. So... it takes the romance off of it. Made me think and inspired me though (with my novel).

I want to live as much as these Shinsengumi guys do.




Update: 10.53am Mon After turning off the laptop and brushing teeth, in the bathroom, I suddenly remembered ... Morikawa does have a higher-pitched voice that I heard: Mama Panda in the recent Polar Bear Cafe. Other than that, I have seen a few anime of his and all have been his deeper, gentle voice that is so loved even by Americans in the anime expo. But thinking of his voice as Sephiroth... somehow it's not evil enough. Hahaha... :) His is just a very gentle and kind voice no matter how evil or intimidating he tries to make it.  Gentle Kindness rings through it. 

And I did manage to get in a few more chapters of The Third Gate before bed.

Hey gee, it just occurred to me, the significance of today's date: 13 Aug!! Faith release! Where? In Youtube?  Tonight? Subbed? When was his name again?... City Hunter... *thinks* ... Heavens, I can't remember. It's been too long since City Hunter. Morikawa? Hahaha... :) Korean names are so forgettable. *thinks some more* ... *checks Youtube for anything new*  Ah. Lee Min Ho.

These days, I'm impatient with the keyboard or something, my fingers stray all over the keys and type wrong. Typing is so slow.  Don't know if it's anything related to the anemia. I drop things easily even though I'm holding them, things slip off from my fingers etc... 

I used to have butter fingers, but not this slippery. 

*clicking on Youtube* Wahh... He's  really very tall and bigger-sized than the usual Korean man. See the difference with that man in the T that he's attacking (assistant director holding video cam?). I think it's very difficult to act when nothing's there. He has to eye here and there... when nothing's there.

He carries his co-star so easily. :) He's smiling because she's light, or unexpectedly heavy? :) I love that she hugs him like that. So sexy and romantic. He put her down only after she asked him to. Oh? So nice to carry? :)

He gave an exhaled surprise (I think that was one of surprise) when lifting her off. Think he didn't expect her to be so heavy.





Wow, he's so strong. Can ever carry a man on one shoulder. Wow! No wonder effortless when carrying a woman (his co-star) in the earlier vid.  I didn't think she was pretty at first, thought they chose the wrong woman, but ... this vid shows her to be very pretty and right/matching for the role. Prettier than the Kim Nana in City Hunter and of course, prettier than that ... woman in *checks Youtube* Personal Taste.

Unfortunately, not translated/subbed:




Hmm... movie style/extravagance for drama... nice. Who's that guy with the white hair? Cool. In an earlier trailer, I had seen a glimpse of him before but didn't know who he was. Don't look like Min Ho.


 

No comments: