Saturday 7 July 2018

RWS Resorts World Sentosa: Boss's Behaviour

8 July Sun 1:37 p.m.

It was 5 July Thurs, around 2.15 p.m.. Very crowded. 3000 people. Event was Public Sector Transformation. Some vendors were there such as Miyoshi & 1 robotics booth.

I was swamped with guests. No manager or team leader came over to help. They have a tendency to disappear whenever an event starts.  When you look around, not a single one of them is around.

Suddenly, the "boss" came out of the ballroom door just a short distance away. Balding man with thin, narrow (beady) eyes, approximately in his 50s (no front teeth), with a paunch & wearing a white long-sleeved, striped shirt with a black jacket.

Immediately, I waved to get his attention (since there wasn't any choice). His head turned but he abruptly stopped himself as he noticed from his side view, quickly pretended not to look, faced in front & walked away.

WAhhh... I have never seen a "boss" or manager do that before. Evidently, he is very experienced in dodging. His spidey-sense alerted him not to look.

I couldn't believe that he just walked away. Even for the rest of the day, I still couldn't believe it.

A boss behaving like that.  Previously, I heard a team leader referring to him as "boss" ("Boss is here. Shit.").

These are your customers. When your staff needs help attending to your customers, the RWS "boss" just walks away?

Subsequently, I was blamed by a crazy, liar manager. He said, "See, how come I can do it so perfectly well whereas you can't?". I said, "That's because there's no more queue now." (& where were you when help was needed?). All the guests had gone inside the ballroom.

The "boss" has no front teeth because once, he smiled while talking to his gang, I saw & wondered why with his managerial salary, he didn't make dentures. It also explains why he has a sunken mouth area appearance common with old men & speaks with unclear pronunciation (but talks loudly).

From one of the ladies, I heard that he is "inclined" towards to young women. Between a young woman & an older woman who entered a room together for work, he made the older woman go home without any reason.

Amazing how RWS can still run. For much of the time, they are winging it & just barely scraping through every single time.

Just recently, I saw the worst, most disorganized banquet ever held at this place. At the end, I smiled because it was just so ridiculous & unbelievable.  The worst team leader (Aldridge who looks like a goldfish but later I heard his team peers perfectly & fittingly call him, "hamster") was in charge. The whole food delivery procedure was such a mess that it was laughable. The guests said, "Ladle is missing. What's next? The chicken?" & the whole table laughed. At that time, they didn't even have any plates laid out for the food.

Well, it's nice that they had good humour. That was alone was cause for a smile. I liked the guests.