Wednesday 25 July 2018

What's better than Distributing Flyers (Singapore)?


4:27pm Today is... *checks laptop bottom corner* Wed 25 July

I found out yesterday that I make a very bad flyer distributor.

I stood there, looking upwards at several blocks of HDB flats @ Toa Payoh & considered which of these apartments contain school children...  It does not help that no clothes are flapping out on bamboo poles from the windows, kitchen or otherwise. All windows mostly closed. What the heck... did they all keep in all the clothes? All dried on this hot day? Are they not home? Do they even have school kids?

Another part of me was scolding myself: What the heck are you standing there for instead of going up there & giving out flyers?

Fact is... I have a limited quantity of flyers. Strongly bearing in mind an online comment by a guy who stuffed 500 flyers into mailboxes & got only 1 reply.... I strongly do not want to waste my flyers in such a shooting spree. Randomly shooting flyers is a waste.

Another fact is... I strangely have an aversion to messing up people's door by inserting a flyer...

Another fact is.... I don't think it's gonna work coz I once gave out 200 (or maybe more) flyers along the entire stretch of Orchard Road on a super hot day & not a single result.

I am reluctant to give out flyers. It's like giving out junk. There has to be a better way. But what to do when you have no money & almost everyone living in HDB flats are uneducated with no money?

I am stuck with 400+ flyers.... out of 500. *grimaces*

Singapore is such a miserable place to be in.

Did you read about that stupid Russian man who stayed in Singapore with 4 kids & he's applying for Singapore citizenship? Consigning his poor 3 sons to serving the army when they turn 18. My god. That's what I mean by selfish & stupid parents.

If you wanna apply for citizenship, do it yourself. But don't do it to your kids who don't know anything & can't choose. You are shackling your kids to a servitude that they are innocent about. You are clipping their wings so that they cannot fly when they grow up.  You are damning them to hell.

I really want to distribute flyers to Hougang but the trip to & back is about $5. If no result from the flyers, I would've spent $5 for nothing. I'm too broke for that.

I need free publicity....

My lack of money is shouting at me to:  DO SOMETHING!!!

You know.... Ken Seeroi should meet up with Chris Broad... Oh... I just checked ... Ken Seeroi already has a wife. What a pity. Two cynically cool men meeting up...is sexy. Married is not.

And now, I've to go to the library ... walk there.. to Self-Study in order to pass an exam in... one month? Two months? I don't think I'm gonna make it...  >.<

Grammar... Reading.. I keep thinking if only we can download the language into our brains. It's faster. Just plug in, fast download like Data in a few hours or minutes.  Plenty of time left till exam time. Relax.

Gee.... come to think... as I start thinking... I haven't thought about how to teach English to people who don't know English... O.O  Do we start at ABC? Good heavens.

I mean... what to introduce first? If past tense & present tense isn't first... then.... what is? Vocab? Cat? Dog? That sort of thing? *thinking*

Sentence construction? The fact that they can print on a T-shirt "Are You Enjoy Spring?" means they don't know the "ing" in describing a motion. When actually, they do have the same idea in their street slang such as "gugu-ru", which means Googling (if you don't know something, google it).

Maybe I should start with that?

I am reminded of the time when I asked 2 school girls for help with buying a ticket at the machine in a convenience store. And they just completely pounced on my small notepad of scribbled English as if they could read....

They took over my notepad, flipping through the pages... devouring the scribbled words... while I watched in quiet surprise at the attention they gave to the directions that I had written to get myself around.

Are they sure they know what they are reading? Coz it's not just in English. It's in scribbled English. I mean... it's in my handwriting.